• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

bluesfella

Explorer
Zardi readies his axe and says to the others "I will run up ahead and stand behind that tree out of view. If they pass me, I will cut them down. Then I will go for the big one."[sblock=Initiative]Initiative (1d20=16)[/sblock][sblock=Actions]Minor: Ready axe[/sblock]
OOC: My plan is to double-move to J11 and be in place for any opportunity attacks they may provoke by coming after us. I should be able to stay out of view, though they will likely hear me, at the least.
[sblock=Zardi's Stats]Zardi - Goliath Barbarian 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10, Senses: Normal vision
AC:16, Fort:17, Reflex:10, Will:12
Basic Attack Greataxe: +7 vs AC, 1d12 +5 damage (When charging, add 1d6 damage from Howling Strike)
Ranged Basic Attack Throwing Hammer: +7 vs AC, 1d6+5 damage
HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:9/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Howling Strike, Pressing Strike, Rageblood Vigor
Stone's Endurance, Feral Might: Swift Charge, Great Cleave
Bloodhunt Rage

Conditions:none[/sblock]

Eternal54

First Post
With a sigh Eraden frees his shield and pulls his sword. "Something tells me these are not the sort that talk things out." Says the half-elf as he steps next to Graval.

[sblock=Initiative] 1d20+1 = 18
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move = Move next to Graval (P11 if he hasn't moved.)
Minor = Ready sword n' board
Standard = Virtue (+10 temp HP)
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Ya tell Spidah wit whey dey come, ya?" Spider says to Graval, taking cover behind the large tree ahead. "Com'on ya Bumbaclot Babylon! I an I got someting for ya!" Spider waved his huge sword from behind the tree.

He was not hiding, just using it for cover until they could spring the trap.

OOC: Init: 1d20+4=22

Moving to N13

Almightyfoon

First Post
Perin slips off into the brush on the opposite side of the path from Goldenhorn to complete the maneuver. He eyed the goblins and drew his staff from his back So those are hobgoblins. Perin tried to hold back the tinge of fear he felt, but his allies made him feel much more comfortable. Still, the strange creatures unnerved him.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to Q10 stealthily
Standard: none
Minor: Draw staff
Initized[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=initiative]Sorry, y'all caught me off guard by posting actions before initiative was done. Since some people only posted single actions, some posted full action blocks and some posted no actions, I think it's better if I just take it as initiative, and have everybody post their actions in the usual manner now.

Enemies got an initiative roll of 13, so everyone but Perin goes before them.[/sblock][sblock=map]
Encounter2StartofCombat.gif

The brown circles are tree trunks, which are impassible and block line of sight.
The groups of brown rectangles are brush piles. They're difficult terrain to move through and standing behind them provides cover against ranged attacks.
The gold colored lines across the map are contour lines indicating a change in elevation. When moving uphill (towards the top of the map) they cost an extra square of movement to cross, except when on the trail (the swath down the middle of the map).
[/sblock][sblock=status]Eraden: S11 HP 41/41, Surges 12/12, AP 1, second wind unused
Goldenhorn: P13 HP 27/27, Surges 10/10, AP 1, second wind unused
Graval: P12 HP 31/31, Surges 11/12, AP 1, second wind unused
Perin: Q12 HP 25/25, Surges 6/7, AP 1, second wind unused
Spider: O12 HP 27/27, Surges 8/9, AP 1, second wind unused
Zardi: R11 HP 31/31, Surges 10/11, AP 1, second wind unused

Mallaby: R13 HP 26/26, Surges 5/5, AP 0, second wind unused

Bugbear: E10 HP undamaged
Flail Hobgoblin #1: F11 HP undamaged
Flail Hobgoblin #2: C11 HP undamaged
Sword Hobgoblin #1: F10 HP undamaged
Sword Hobgoblin #2: E11 HP undamaged
Sword Hobgoblin #3: C10 HP undamaged
Sword Hobgoblin #4: B11 HP undamaged
Goblin #1: D10 HP undamaged
Goblin #2: D11 HP undamaged
Goblin #3: B11 HP undamaged
Goblin #4: B10 HP undamaged
Goblin #5: A11 HP undamaged[/sblock][sblock=Mallaby]Lord Adelin Mallaby
AC: 15, Fort: 12, Ref: 13, Will: 14
:bmelee: Rapier +6 vs. AC, 1d8+4
Speed 6
HP: 26, Surge Value 6, Surges per day 5
Second Wind: unused

Mallaby is not a fully trained fighter. He will only defend himself on his own. He will however, follow orders.
As a minor action, any character can have Mallaby spend an action. He can't use more than the usual complement (standard, move, minor) in one turn, but a PC's minor action can be used for any of them.

Try not to get him killed. He is paying for this, after all.[/sblock][sblock=enemies]Bugbear: AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 15, Will 11

Flail Hobgoblin: AC 19, Fort 17, Ref 15, Will 15
These guys have an immediate interrupt, the result of which the first time in a round that one of their adjacent allies would be hit by an attack vs. AC or Ref that hits by a margin of less than two, the attack misses.

Sword Hobgoblin: AC 17, Fort 15, Ref 13, Will 12
+2 to AC if adjacent to at least one hobgoblin ally.

Goblin: AC 13, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 12[/sblock]

bluesfella

Explorer
[sblock=Actions]Double-move to J11[/sblock][sblock=Zardi's Stats]Zardi - Goliath Barbarian 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10, Senses: Normal vision
AC:16, Fort:17, Reflex:10, Will:12
Basic Attack Greataxe: +7 vs AC, 1d12 +5 damage (When charging, add 1d6 damage from Howling Strike)
Ranged Basic Attack Throwing Hammer: +7 vs AC, 1d6+5 damage
HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:9/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Howling Strike, Pressing Strike, Rageblood Vigor
Stone's Endurance, Feral Might: Swift Charge, Great Cleave
Bloodhunt Rage

Conditions:none[/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The dwarf watches the goliath rush past, calmly pulling his axe free and sliding his shield onto his arm.

"Dun ye get yerself in more'n ye can chew outta, Zardi!" he yells at the charging barbarian, stepping up the trail as far as his legs will carry him.

[sblock=Actions]Minor - Ready axe and shield.
Move - O12 > N11 > M11 > L11 > K11
Standard - Ready Footwork Lure against first enemy to move in range; marking the enemy attacked.[/sblock]
[sblock=Graval]Graval Metalrent - Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Init: +2, Passive Percept: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 21, F: 16, R: 14, W: 12, Spd: 5
HP: 31/31, Blood: 15, Surge: 7, Surges left: 12/12
Second Wind: Used, AP: 1/1, Milestones: 0.5
Str: 18, Con: 16, Dex: 14, Int: 8, Wis: 14, Cha: 11

Basic Attacks:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +7 vs AC - Battleaxe; 1d10+4
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Throwing Hammer; 1d6+4

Powers:
Combat Challenge, Brash Strike, Footwork Lure
Hack and Hew, Dwarven Resilience
Driving Attack, Dwarven Armor

Misc: If an enemy marked by Graval shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include him, he uses Combat Challenge (+9 vs. AC; 1d10+4) as an Immediate Interrupt against them. If hit, and a shift or move action caused the attack, they lose the action.

Conditions:
Nil
[/sblock]
OOC: @Tenchuu, good call. : )

Last edited:

Remove ads