[Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )

jbear

First Post
OOC: As the adventure seems dead and all of the judges also seem dead how does this look for calculating XP for closing up the adventure:

Encounter with Time Master:

Standard Encounter: PC level (6) = 250 xp each

Skill Challenge: Unseelie Death Race

Impossible to judge complexity due to non-typical format and damaging hazards so:

Calculated as Standard Encounter lvl 6 = 250 xp each

Total = 500 xp doubled to 1000 XP

Time XP:

Start Date: October 9th 2012
End Date: Final Posts on 5th April 2013
1 Month of waiting with great disappointment for DM to reappear Time XP condolence pay calculated until the 9th May 2013 (for tidy numbers' sake)
Total 6 months Time XP at PCs current level (mostly lvl 6 417 x 6 = 2502 xp) (Ignatz lvl 5 334 x 6 = 2004 xp)

Treasure: 6 months time gold (at level 6 = 3756 gp) (Ignatz at lvl 5 = 2796 gp)

Total xp and treasure:
lvl 6 pcs: 3502 xp and 3756 time gold
Ignatz: 3004 xp and 2796 gp

What do you reckon? Do we sign off on this??

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Looks fine to me. Since the GM has not even logged in in over a month now, I guess we have to assume this is done. Rewards seem fair enough- certainly not extravagant. I wish there were more adventures to look forward to, but things seem awfully dead here right now.

jbear

First Post
OOC: We don't know what those rewards should be though. What would be a fair way of working it out?

Suggestions?

If we reach the next level we could work out our current Treasure Total and then work out what we would need to bump us up to our correct wealth level? My one doubt is does time xp count towards these expected wealth levels?

Personally I am happy enough just to cut my losses and hope that my next DM will deal with being behind the expected wealth level.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I'm pretty sure time gold is just there to keep the xp:gold ratio steady when we receive time exp. What if we divided the amount of exp we received in battle by the amount of exp a PC needs to move from our level to the next level, and multiply that fraction by the amount of gold a PC is expected to receive as he moves from our level to the next level?

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Joy is going to roll on out of here, with the rewards as they are listed, in hopes of catching on with the adventure hook in the tavern. Thanks for the game- see you all around.

jbear

First Post
ooc: yep, me too. It is less than what we would have got if the adventure had run through, but hey, them the breaks

WEContact

First Post
We gained 1000 exp in combat, which is 40% of the exp needed to progress from L6 to L7 (pertinent because those were L6 encounters). According to CFW's Wealth Levels Chart a PC should gain 5364 gp over the course of L6, 40% of which is 2,146 gp, which I propose we add to the rewards to keep wealth levels on par with exp.
'

OOC: Encounter with Time Master:

Standard Encounter: PC level (6) = 250 xp each

Skill Challenge: Unseelie Death Race

Impossible to judge complexity due to non-typical format and damaging hazards so:

Calculated as Standard Encounter lvl 6 = 250 xp each

Total = 500 xp doubled to 1000 XP
Treasure found = 2,146 gp each

Time XP:

Start Date: October 9th 2012
End Date: Final Posts on 5th April 2013
1 Month of waiting with great disappointment for DM to reappear Time XP condolence pay calculated until the 9th May 2013 (for tidy numbers' sake)
Total 6 months Time XP at PCs current level (mostly lvl 6 417 x 6 = 2502 xp) (Ignatz lvl 5 334 x 6 = 2004 xp)

Treasure: 6 months time gold (at level 6 = 3756 gp) (Ignatz at lvl 5 = 2796 gp)

Total xp and treasure:
lvl 6 pcs: 3502 xp, 2146 gp, and 3756 time gold
Ignatz: 3004 xp, 2146 gp, and 2796 gp

Voda Vosa

First Post
I have checked your math and certify you have basic calculus approved. Also the XP and gold calculated are correct. So, ehm... I approve?

jbear

First Post
If Son of Meepo agrees in the other thread, then I agree. Otherwise I am just going to take what I have put and think of it as a challenge for my PCs, which no doubt they will overcome. I will nudge my next DM to get them up to the expected wealth level though.

Remove ads