[Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )

jbear

First Post
Kane dismounts and tethers his horse. Before settling down he moves to investigate the purple flowers nearby with concentrated interest.

If he notices nothing strange he settles down beside the fire quietly.

[sblock=Kane: Nature Check DC 20]
The flowers on the tree are known in the Elvish language as Loralya Nuru, which roughly translates as sleeping death. While it's not a poisonous flower, it is known for its permeating scent that tends to make creatures fall unconscious if it is breathed in too much. And while that, in itself, won't kill you...it does tend to make you a nice target for hungry animals roaming a forest! It is also of note that it is rarely ever seen in the material plane, but frequently seen in areas of Arcadia.[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz doesn't know anything about Arcadia- despite being touched by its magic- but he notes the unusual lushness, and appreciates the beautiful scenery. He turns in his saddle, wide-eyed and smiling, and wanders the camp's perimeter while Evan builds a fire. He follows Kane as the scholar examines the flowers on the trees, which delight Ignatz. He leans in very close, touching petals. His nostrils flare as he samples their sweet scent. "Beck home, iz too cold for pretty flowers like deze, hyu know," he says to Kane.

jbear

First Post
Kane initially ignores Ignatz trying to place the flowers in his mind. Numbly he mutters unsure "Yes ... b-beatiful."

He then turns his attention to setting up the camp.

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
Vander watches as Kane goes over to inspect the flowers, thinking they look vaguely familiar, but he's unable to place where he's seen them before. He shrugs and goes back to watching the others set up camp.

[sblock="Nature 10"]Roll I figured I'd do a check as well since I'm actually FROM the feywild and might have recognized the flowers, but alas, no such luck :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

When Ignatz touches the petals of the purple flowers, its scent becomes even more noticible. The aroma is undeniably pleasant, and for a split second, Ignatz and Kane contemplate staying next to the flowers for a few moments longer. This quickly wanes, however, and the two of them continue setting up camp.

[sblock=Actions]
Being within 1 square of the purple flower triggers a Mystery Flower Scent Attack vs Ignatz and Kane's Will, which FAILS (and fails hard)! [/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer ignores the flowers and focuses on setting up the camp with an eye towards defense. "We should set a watch schedule for the night. I am fine with taking any shift." the Githyanki woman says quietly to the group.

Just as the group is determining who should stay up for how long that night, the forest grows suddenly quiet and still. The woods feel as if they are holding their breath, and you all experience that strange feeling one gets when they have experienced deja vu. Just as you are about to shake of that feeling as nothing more than paranoia, you see the oddest site... a small rabbit hops along the edge of the copse of trees to your east when it disappears. You look around for a moment, trying to see if your eyes had deceived you, when you spot the rabbit more than a dozen feet north from its initial position. It didn't look like it had been spooked...so it really should not have been able to move that far, that fast, as calm as it was. Then, you notice other strange phenomenon occurring, like leaves from some trees floating up from the ground, and reattaching it to the tree it had fallen from, while other trees seemed to flow quickly from summer foliage to the bright red and orange leaves of fall. You hear the snap of a twig, and a small humanoid walks into the clearing from the south west. He walks with the support of a small, knobbly, twisted walking stick. His face is a mass of wrinkles, and one of his eyes is glazed over in a white matte coating.

As he draws nearer to the group, he calls out to them.

"Long has it been since travelers have come to my realm. What seek you in my forest of forests? Speak quickly, for time is of the essence, and the essence is time. Those who seek to pass through my woods must pay a toll. What say ye?"

VanderLegion

First Post
Vander keeps his fiery corona dampened and quietly tries to crawl into Ignatz's travel pack, hoping the newcomer doesn't notice him until he has time to figure out what's going on.[sblock="Stealth 33"]Roll to avoid notice and hide[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Remember, for anyone speaking, that all allies within Joy's aura 5 gain a +2 bonus to Diplomacy (and Intimidation- though that is likely to be less useful here).

Remove ads