[Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )

jbear

First Post
Kane gets to his feet. A beastly form surges into existence by his side, a strange lemur like wolf which crouches and growls threateningly at the figure. Kane places his hand on its raised mane to quiet it. "N-none seek p-passage. S-so no t-toll n-needed. C-close to Arcadia w-we step. If w-we have c-crossed then w-we are l-lost" stutters Kane, uttering an unwitting rhyme in his efforts to say as much as possible in as few words as possible.

"Lost you are indeed," the small figure replies to Kane. "for you walk within my forest, in Timeless Deep, within the outskirts of Arcadia, the demense of which I have been given charge. You may pass unharmed through the area of my control for the small fee of five years, and I will guide you back to your world. But do not think to deceive me, for there are eyes upon you from all angles, and only my hand stays the dwellers of my land against those who would trespass."

WEContact

First Post
"Hay, vhatefer hyu name iz," Ignatz says, "My name iz Ignatz, and hy dunno if I'z got five yearz to giff hyu. Hy em Valkhyran, born in de Jagger Mountains, see- vun day my whole village iz gone. Schtoff still lyin' around, no bodies, but no pipple. Mebbe vun day soon hy'z gonna disappear too, hyu see? Diz guy," he jerks a thumb at Evan. "Same ting heppen. 'Fore I go poof, hy vanna see if mebbe hy ken help him. So mebbe ve ken giff you someting else? Hy dun haff much, but I ken giff hyu a gut fight, if hyu vant?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer cocks her head as she studies this strange manifestion and it's guardian demanding a toll. She decides to probe it's defenses. "Five years? Five years of what? Our life? And would that be five years total or five apiece? And where in our world would you guide us to? A destination of your choice, or ours?" Kama'zer questions the being for more details.
OOC: Not sure if you are wanting skill checks for any of this or not.

The small humanoid grins wickedly at Ignatz. "I think, perhaps, you misunderstand my toll. It is not something that you would do to or for me that I am interested. What I require, simply put, is five years of your life force. Each, naturally. A simple ritual is all that needs be accomplished, and then back to your realm will I take you. Where in your realm the portals from here go, I know not. But it's either that, or face the Unseelie you will."

OOC: No skill checks needed yet... just enjoying the RP. My last adventures were a bit dry on that aspect (*cough*completely devoid*cough*), so I'm trying to do a lot more of that.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
"I d-don't make b-bargains with s-strangers for m-my life" Kane grins, his hand sending his coin spinning into the air. "T-try again. Or g-go away."

The glint in Kane's eye is like that of hard metal.

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz taps his chin thoughtfully. "Hy fun like diz verra much. Vot if ve say no and keel dese Untsaylee or voteffer? Ken ve go den?"

"If you're not willing to give a small portion of yourself for passage, then I'll just have to take all of your lives..." he says, snapping his fingers.

At first, nothing seems to happen at all, but you quickly realize there was a low humming sound, like the droning of hundreds of tiny wings coupled with some other sound you couldn't quite make out, but it sounded something like a busy street fare turned angry mob...and actually, that is precisely the kind of sound you were hearing. From the north and the south appear hundreds of small pixies, their skin color varying in shades of grey, blue, red, and dark green, so that what appeared looked like a dark rainbow cloud, speckled with spots of red as their glowing eyes glared at you in the darkening light of twilight. The humanoid cackles gleefully before giving a short piercing whistle, after which the ground rumbled and in the clearing appeared two short dwarves...even smaller that what you were used to seeing...and these ones wore dark red berets that they grasped at unconsciously, like a drooling animal snapping at the air before attacking his prey.

Grinning wickedly at Ignatz, the shrouded, wrinkled short one replies to the barbarians' question.

"Yes, fool that you are. IF the Unseelie you can kill, will you be able to wander free within my realm... may luck be with you then that you are able to find your way in my inhospitable realm!"

OOC: Had this in my head and needed to get it out before I forgot what I wanted to say... will update this post tomorrow with rolled initiatives and a link to the map.

OOC: Actually, yes. You will have a surprise round, since you are the only one NOT known about by the Unseelie or the time collector. Once I have the map up, I'll give you your surprise round.

Remove ads