• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Hunt for the Cirya de Pietro [Judge - garyh]

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Erekose13 said:
((As the pirates go way before me, I'd like to see if more come aboard. If not then how are they getting over to our ship and how far is the distance between the two - ie is jump an option?))

OOC: well, they got to us... ;)

Katherine stays behind her barrel, reloads and fires at another human enemy if possible, or the nearest of the men on the deck if no one else apears...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: Sorry about the delay again :eek:. I keep thinking there's more of you, for some reason...

MeepoTheMighty said:
OOC: If I were to try a running jump over to the other ship, would there be a railing in my way, or would I be jumping off a flat deck?

There is a little railing in the way, maybe a foot or two up, on both ships. However, the three pirates made it over just fine, so you shouldn't have any problems unless you're carrying a lot... there is only a half-dozen or so feet between the two ships at this point, so it's not a difficult jump.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
OoC: Sorry about the delay again :eek:. I keep thinking there's more of you, for some reason...

There is a little railing in the way, maybe a foot or two up, on both ships. However, the three pirates made it over just fine, so you shouldn't have any problems unless you're carrying a lot... there is only a half-dozen or so feet between the two ships at this point, so it's not a difficult jump.
In that case, I'll jump across the gap and run over to the three pirates with the weird weapons, and then try to disarm one of them.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Big Bah Humbug to all the folks out there - holiday hassles and trying to finish up post-wedding stuff will keep me off line for a while. Katherine will continue to shoot her crossbow and orate, but if the fight seems to be clearly swinging the gazels way, she will cast light on her hand for the extra attnation getting effect and call for a surrender of the other ship. Some live pirates would be quite useful, as would another boat...

Erekose13

Explorer
GnomeWorks said:

[ooc: then as long as there are no pirates on our ship when ao'Thuir's turn comes he will leap across and take the battle to them.]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: Sorry for the delay again, folks, but I won't be able to post the next round until Friday, at least, as the holidays are messing with my ability to post.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Battle!, Round III

Initiatives
Pirates - 17
Katherine - 15
Crew - 14
Ricardo - 12
Zumar - 11
Hallandor, Remi - 9
ao'Thuir - 6

The two ships slam into each other with a loud cracking sound, and shudder goes through the Gazelle. However, there seems to be little damage, and everyone retains their footing.

The three armed pirates on the enemy ship load and fire once more...

...Hallandor is struck in the chest with a ball of lead (4 damage), while two strike Ricardo (10 damage), almost taking the elf down.

Two pirates come rushing from the other end of the ship, drawing weaponry similar to the ones those nearest you are wielding.

Katherine continues her oratory, and shoots at one of the pirates (Attack: 21), hitting him squarely in the chest (Pirate 6: 3 damage).

The crew up top with Katherine let their crossbows loose...

...one falls short, but two hit their marks (Pirate 4: 6 damage; Pirate 7: 5 damage).

Ricardo, still reeling from the shots he took, remains on deck, his blade at the ready and waiting for one of the pirates to board.

Zumar jumps nimbly over the small gap between the ships, and tries to disarm one of the pirates (Disarm: 8), though he fails to wrest it from his grip.

Hallandor takes cover behind one of the barrels on-deck, and reloads his crossbow.

Meanwhile, Remi takes a shot at one of the pirates (Attack: 19), and his shot hits true (Pirate 4: 4 damage), and the pirate falls.

ao'Thuir rushes across the small gap between the two ships and slashes viciously with his blade at the nearest target (Attack: 13), and his weapon cleaves through the pirate with ease (Pirate 6: Dead).

Damaged
Ricardo - 10
Pirate (7) - 5

Kills
Pirates - 6 (1, 2, 3, 4, 6)

-----

End of Round III.

Pirate 5 is still standing, as are 7 and 8, who just arrived this round.

ferretguy

First Post
Bah...who needs this damn thing....Hallador drops the crossbow, draws his sword (reading shield of course...)and also charges one of the pirates on board the Gazelle...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: Sorry if I wasn't clear on the pirates' positions. One of the three who had been standing on the enemy ship's deck and firing is still standing, and two more just came from the other end of the enemy ship and are standing near him. There aren't currently any on the Gazelle.

Remove ads