(Adventure) Hunt for the Cirya de Pietro [Judge - garyh]

ferretguy

First Post
Hallandor enters into the shop, being carefull not to tear his cloak on one of the many rusty nails near the entrance to the shop.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jericho simply nods as Katherine enters, though she can see approval in his eyes as she greets him in dwarven.

"Come in, then." He says, gesturing for you to enter. A small table is set near the doorway, and a half-dozen rough wooden chairs are situated around it. "Seat yerselves."

The room you have entered is somewhat small; the table you have already noticed takes up much of the space. In the far wall, there is a wide doorway, and what seems to be a much larger workshop-like area is beyond. Most of the room you're in is relatively well-kept; not sparkling clean, but clean enough, though there are a multitude of cracks and rusting nails in the walls and ceiling.

Jericho remains standing as you seat yourselves.

"Aye, this be a decent-sized group." He says, looking at each of you, before continuing. "As I said before, ye'll receive 500 gold apiece, a quarter a that now, if ye've come to accept, and I'll provide ye with a good ship; ye'll get double that if ye bring back proof of the de Pietro's demise. An' I did tell ye to come here if'n ye had any questions... so if ye have some afore ye set out, now'd be the time to ask."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
"Aye, this be a decent-sized group." He says, looking at each of you, before continuing. "As I said before, ye'll receive 500 gold apiece, a quarter a that now, if ye've come to accept, and I'll provide ye with a good ship; ye'll get double that if ye bring back proof of the de Pietro's demise. An' I did tell ye to come here if'n ye had any questions... so if ye have some afore ye set out, now'd be the time to ask."

Katherine sits down and leans forward in a businesslike fashion. "I suppose our questions would fall into two catogories - those to make sure we all want to take the job, and those to help us complete it. Of the former, these are mine." She ticks items off on her fingers. "One - will you be able to provide a crew for this ship, or at least point us towards trustworthy sailors. Two - how widely have you advertised your animosity towards this pirate; have you made any bounty offers in the past he might be aware of? And three, would you be willing to leave the balance of our payment with Joe at the Red Dragon inn, to be given to us if we succeed and back to you if we do not?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Katherine
"One - will you be able to provide a crew for this ship, or at least point us towards trustworthy sailors."

"I may be able to do that, aye... though I doubt it'll be of any help for ye. Ye'll be huntin' pirates, and there aren't many souls who sail the seas that are up for that sort of task."

"Two - how widely have you advertised your animosity towards this pirate; have you made any bounty offers in the past he might be aware of?"

Jericho sighs, a deep, rumbling noise. "No, I've not made my displeasure with Ramirez public knowledge. Those of this port know, aye, as I've often told the tale of how I lost me leg. But as far as the open seas are concerned, few livin' souls know, an' I doubt that Ramirez would expect me ta come after him."

"Aye, an' this be the first time I've set out a bounty on him an' his ship."

"And three, would you be willing to leave the balance of our payment with Joe at the Red Dragon Inn, to be given to us if we succeed and back to you if we do not?"

"Mmm... aye, that I can do for ye. Few men be as good as Joe, and I'd trust him with me life. Aye, I'll leave yer pay there for ye when - if - ye return."

[Edit: Formatting.]

Last edited:

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
"Aye have a question," Zumar says as he steps forward, eyeing the other dwarf up and down. "Ye say that ye're a repairman? Why would a repairman be troubled by pirates? And why would a repairman own a ship?"

Pyrex

First Post
"Why are you so sure Ramirez is still the captain of the de Pietro? Seventy years seems an awfully long time for him to be sailing the seas.

Also, do you know anyone who has survived an attack by the de Pietro? I'd like to talk with them if possible."

OOC: "I am not the Dread Pirate Roberts" :D

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Zumar
"Ye say that ye're a repairman? Why would a repairman be troubled by pirates? And why would a repairman own a ship?"

"I be troubled by Ramirez for what he's done to me." Jericho says. "I've been waitin' for a time when I could strike him, but I'm old now. I'm trying to hire ye to seek vengeance on me behalf."

Remi
"Why are you so sure Ramirez is still the captain of the de Pietro? Seventy years seems an awfully long time for him to be sailing the seas."

"The ship's style is the same." Jericho says slowly. "Ye know what I mean by that? She goes after the same ports, she knows where to strike... Ramirez has his own ways of doin' things. Ye'll see what I mean, if ye do this for me."

"Also, do you know anyone who has survived an attack by the de Pietro? I'd like to talk with them if possible."

Jericho shakes his head. "No, I don't know any that have survived an attack of the de Pietro. Even meself, I was only scarred by Ramirez, as he didn't mean to kill me... or so I think."

ferretguy

First Post
As you have stated, you know the ports that he hits and his style. Do you have any idea of where he may strike next? This knowledge would definitly aid in this quest. Also what are his methods of attack?

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
GnomeWorks said:
OoC: This is the thread that will be used for the Hunt for the Cirya de Pietro adventure, and anything pertaining to it.

To my knowledge, three judges are watching this thread... Uriel and Gary, both 'officially', and Macbeth, 'unofficially'. I don't know what it means when a game has two judges watching it in official capacity, but I guess we'll find out soon enough...
It is garyh in official mode. Im just watching for fun.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hallandor
As you have stated, you know the ports that he hits and his style. Do you have any idea of where he may strike next? This knowledge would definitly aid in this quest. Also what are his methods of attack?

Jericho closes his eyes for a small moment. "It's early spring, now, aye? He'll be hittin' this port in a few months. He starts in the south, and works his way up north. Before the snow comes, he's already headin' out to sea."

"All the major cities with ports in 'em. His crew come and loot all the places on the docks, then leave... and he destroys all the defenses and ships he finds, that fight back. Only the most valuable things, he takes. And they all kill anybody who gets in their way."

"If ye head out on the sea, and go south, huggin' the coast..." He says quietly, "ye'll find the de Pietro."

Remove ads