• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Hysteria's Ascendency (Judge: Stonegod)

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Since Muzdum goes before in initiative than Orsik, Muzdum should have a AoO vs Mangroove when he attacks the goliath with his triggered attack, because he already marked him. If so: Muzdum hits for 15, and Mangroove is grabbed. Also, Muzdum hits him again using Combat Agility for 11 dmg this time, and knocks Mangroove prone.

jsb420

First Post
GM: I record everything in order of post. Orsik attacked first, then Muzdum attacked. Orisk's condition was triggered first. I tried to avoid the AoO/OA by posting the sblock below metavoid's actions.

Believe me, I'm very much aware of your mark (damn fighters)! lol

Voda Vosa

First Post
GM: I record everything in order of post. Orsik attacked first, then Muzdum attacked. Orisk's condition was triggered first. I tried to avoid the AoO/OA by posting the sblock below metavoid's actions.

Believe me, I'm very much aware of your mark (damn fighters)! lol

OOC: Suit yourself, although I don't really know why we roll initiatives in that case.

OOC: [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], I believe this is called Mal Malenkirk rule and it affects first round of combat only (which determines if you go before the monsters). After that it's monsters then players then monsters etc. without regard to init (everything happens in post order)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Quan leaps to his feat and strikes out at the head of the giant croc, but the beast proves too thinkheaded for his swipes. He turns into a buzzing swarm, harassing the creature.

[sblock=OOC] Move: Stand from prone
Standard: Drunken Monkey on Vicejaw MISS reroll MISS
Minor: Wild Shape to Swarm (gain CA against attacker if hit by attack)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Status: Swarm Form (gain CA against attackers who hit TENT)

Init: +7 Speed: 7 Perception:21 Insight: 14
AC: 22 NAD:17/19/16
HP: 22/37 Surges: 3/7 Surge Value: 9 AP: 0

Languages: Common, Elven Str:14 Dex:20 Wis:14 Con:10 Int:8 Cha:10
Powers: At-Will: Five Storms, Dragon's Tail, Centered Flurry of Blows, Wild Shape
Encounter: Drunken Monkey, Enduring Champion, Swarming Locusts, Elven Accuracy, Stoneskin Robes

Daily: Masterful Spiral, Supreme Flurry, Cobra Strike Ki Focus, Necklace of Keys
[Full Character Sheet http://leb.wikia.com/index.php?title=LEB:PC:Quan_Reah_(johnmeier1)] [/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], I believe this is called Mal Malenkirk rule and it affects first round of combat only (which determines if you go before the monsters). After that it's monsters then players then monsters etc. without regard to init (everything happens in post order)

OOC: Which is an over simplification in my opinion. Specially with effects like marks, in which the initiative order is a base ordering factor to know who actually acts before the other. In this case, we lost the chance of dealing like 25 dmg, knock the thing prone and having it grabbed, just for the fact that you had more time that day and posted before me. I really don't see any sense in that rule, and even so, why not use the individual initiatives to order the actions?

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: Which is an over simplification in my opinion. Specially with effects like marks, in which the initiative order is a base ordering factor to know who actually acts before the other. In this case, we lost the chance of dealing like 25 dmg, knock the thing prone and having it grabbed, just for the fact that you had more time that day and posted before me. I really don't see any sense in that rule, and even so, why not use the individual initiatives to order the actions?

OOC: We can avoid this by In Character communication. Just post the round before the instructions to other characters like "Let me at him first!" or "hold until he strikes" etc.

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: I see both points here, but I've always seen the posted first, acts first rule happen. I think johnmeier1 has it right though, there is nothing wrong with a little planning in character to make things run smoother, especially for marks. [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] does this really well with Rocco over in L4W when he is teamed with other defenders :)

"Oye, Orsik, I need at this fool, he's insulting dwarves."

Braddock takes a step back and charges straight at Mangrove, but the wiley croc avoids his blow.

[sblock=actions]
Movement: Shift to P-13
Standard: Charge to N-10 with Eldritch Strike vs Mangore:1d20+12+2+1, 1d10+9+1d6 → ([7, 12, 2, 1], [3, 9, 6]: Roll Lookup
Due to movement, gain partial concealment.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Braddock the Historian, level 5 Warlock
Active Vestige: Zutwa
[sblock=Vestige of Zutwa]
Eyes of Vestige Augment: Gains prime shot bonus against target TENT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: Bonus to attack rolls from Prime shot increases to +3 TENT.
[/sblock]
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 18 NAD: F: 19 R:18 W:15
HP: 37/52 Surges: 7/11 Surge Value: 13 AP: 1
Languages: Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:13 Wis:10 Con:20 Int:16 Cha:10
MBA: +12 vs. AC, 1d10+9

Powers:
At-Will: Eyes of the Vestige, Eldritch Strike, Warlock's Curse
Encounter: Clarion Call, Fortune Binding, Second Wind
Daily: Vestige of Thaxter, Charm of Hearts, Leather Armor of Dark Magesty, Vestige of Xandor

Benefits: +2 defenses against cursed enemies. +1 NAD after using Warlock's curse TENT.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Gotcha cover Braddock." Muzdum says, as he attempts to chop and grab at Mangroove. This time, he hits straight, grabbing the crocman by the tail. "Now yer mine... HUMP!!" Muzdum runs towards the other wall of the cavern, dragging Mangroove by the tail, and then he slams the were crocodile against the wall. Mangroove falls on his back, triggering a wicked smile on the dwarf "Now I'll chop off yer head, just stay there, it will hurt like hell." says Muzdum as he lifts his axe over his head.

Grappling Strike: Hits Ac for 11, then AP: Slamming Rush, moving to Q10 and sliding Mangrove all the way to smash him on R11 for 11 dmg.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads