• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Immortality Awakens (Knight Otu Judging) Part II

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"... Red dragons are evil?" Anton considers this for a while, "How can you know this to be true of all red dragons? From the information given, we could deduce that the dragon was just searching for food. He did, after all, only take one victim. Would not an evil creature have attacked other people?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"When was the last time you threatened an entire village to get a meal at the tavern?" Cade asks Anton. "There's no reason we can't try another way first, but we should go prepared to fight. To ignore the possability would be suicide."

RillianPA

First Post
"Well, lets think this through. If we dont slay or at least drive off the dragon, and we steal its meal, it will just come back here for more. And if it sees the girl back here, it might kill the entire village, after all. I dont believe rescuing the girl will be enough."

Jdvn1

"How often do evil creatures merely ask for what they want, rather than just taking it? I agree we should be prepared to fight, but that is true in any situation. Halina only gives crops to those who sow the seeds.

And so what if the dragon comes back for more? Do you propose that the dragon starve? As long as it does not mindlessly kill, I see no problem with it feeding itself."

Jdvn1

Anton shrugs, "I do not know the ways of dragons, and their deitary habits. I would prefer for whatever dragon to eat only one villager than for him to eat or kill all of them. Indeed, it is a tragedy, but having the dragon starve is also cruel."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, unless you can provide a willing meal for the dragon, I don't think we should allow an unwilling villager to be eaten. If it was your daughter, I'm quite sure you'd feel different."

"Anyway, we can debate this all we want, but there's a young lady waiting on us. We should get moving."

Last edited:

Jdvn1

"I still do not understand how Maurice knows his daughter is still alive. This happened enough of a time ago where the meal could be eaten many times over now. I also do not know the dietary habits of a dragon, so I cannot claim that the dragon would eat some other sort of meal.

From the information, it seems clear that the dragon did not want to do harm to the town. It is, after all, only a baby dragon. If it were my daughter, I would have tried to protect her, as any farmer of Halina would protect his crops. Since the crop is taken, and likely already consumed, why would we go after it?"

Jdvn1

"How do you know we can help this man? His daughter may be long dead by now."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads