Adventure Inc. Campaign

Ian.Fleming

First Post
[sblock=Maldwyn]
A Brief History of Maldwyn:

459 years ago, Maldwyn was a collection of lesser independent states who were starting to war amongst themselves. One of the major players from early on in the wars was Alastor the Black, Lord of Camenty (much smaller back then). At first he was neutral in the conflict, but after being attacked by on two separate occasions by supposed allies, he decided it was time to mobilise his army. Apart from one very bloody battle early in in the campaign, Alastor somehow managed to sway over the other rulers one by one to his will. Some whisper that he sold his soul to the devil, others that he was not a mortal of this realm. Regardless of the rumours, he did unite the kingdom under his rule.

Fast forward to the present: The current Ruler, Cerdic the 3rd, is a pale shadow of his fabled ancestor. His main concern is maintaining enough order in the kingdom so that he does not have to work, which gives him more time for food, whores and drugs. The people do not care for Ceridc much, but there are no open rumours of rebellion. Yet.

TheWorld2.gif

This is my second draft. Dollar store coloured pencils suck balls, unfortunately. The next draft should have territories and more smaller towns and villages fleshed out, and the final version after that should have more terrain features evident.
1 Camenty, the Capital City
2 Briezel
3 Port Robinson Naval Base
4 Sauvnagon
5 Port Mercy
6 Epinyerd
7 Lujek
8 "Last Reach of the Law" Outpost
9 Zanpar
10 Denman
11 Bidwell
12 The Dwarf's Beard Mountain Chain (and the Great Rend in the middle)
13 Trinity Lake
14 The Gulf of Plenty
15 The Trackless Depths
16 Saltmarsh
17 The Golden Wastelands
[/sblock]
The campaign:

It's Monday morning in Briezel and there are new assignments out at the Adventurer's Guild! Inside the sprawling, three storey building's main lobby is a large bulletin board with all the assignments posted up. Many adventurers are milling about, signing their names under whichever posting catches their eye. By the time you arrive, there is one unclaimed assignment left.

Bandits Raiding Epinyerd
Reports have been coming in of outlaws stealing horses and raiding caravans near the Town of Epinyerd. While these people are outside of the protection of the law, capture of their leaders is preferred. The town has also stated that they are willing to offer an unspecified reward for a successful extermination.

There are five slots for signatures left at the bottom of the parchment.

As members of the Adventurer's Guild, you know that the Guild takes 10% of all loot acquired (does not include any given rewards) as part of their Finder's Fee. In addition, if you do not return by your stated time, a search party will be sent for you at the cost of 60% of all loot acquired if you need to be rescued.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Not caring much for which job he's assigned to, the diminutive halfling (even by their standards) stood around casually making conversation with the other adventurer's milling about. He didn't stay in any conversation long, just meandering this way and that, from person to person, and taking everything in stride. He wore leather armour and carried a dagger at his hip, sometimes taking it out and flipping it in the air to himself. Geffin moves with liquid grace and is quick with a joke, able to talk himself out of any situation his impetuousness gets him in. After getting himself the third drink of the morning purchased for him, Geffin decides it's best to sign up for something before they all fill up.

Looking at the postings, he realizes there's only one left and quickly signs his name (more accurately his mark) and waits next to the posting for someone else to sign up. Geffin pulls out his tiny dagger and begins to clean underneath his fingernails, whilst waiting.

Last edited:

Grescheks

First Post
Bharash looked on at the crowd of adventurers gathered around the bulletin board, all of them vying to get the best job. He knew if he didn't move soon, there would not be many job openings left, but the crowd made it difficult to reach the listings. Even as an average sized dragonborn, Bharash towered over many of the other adventurers, and his size meant that he did not move through crowds easily without causing bodily harm. His plate armor did not help, and neither did the battleaxe and large shield strapped to his back. And so he stood back from the throng, occassionally nodding a greeting to adventureres he recognized, and waited.

Eventually, the crowd dispersed enough for Bharash to finally move forward. Nearing the bulleting board, he noticed there was only one notice with any spaces left to sign up on. Moving as quickly as he could, he made his way to the notice and signed his name. Looking around, he notices a halfling preening himself with a dagger watching him intently from nearby. He grunts a greeting to the diminuitive adventurer, then moves back away from the bulletin board so as not to block the open notice from view.

CaBaNa

First Post
Zed rolls out of the bed, only just glancing back at the two lithe forms still twined in sleep, and begins preening in the mirror amulet he wore.

Ah Zed old boy, don't you look smart? HA HA of course you do, you handsome devil.

Slipping into his adventuring robes, Zed dances his way down to the main lobby, eyes the last adventure, and casually leaves his call sign upon it.

/ \
( )

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Having closely observed the three others signing the call sheet, Richard watches a fourth approach. A lithe elf scans the note carefully and reaches into his pocket. Swiftly reaching the board and pinning a small sheet of paper to it, he says casually to the elf,
“Please don’t think me odd, but I’m sure I’ve seen you before. I often frequent the local tavern, you know, with the prominent sign? Good ale, but you have to be careful not to contract any diseases from the wenches, if you get my meaning?”
A look of puzzlement crosses the elf’s features and he walks quietly away, the line left blank. Straightening his finely cut but unassuming clothes, flashing a glint of mithral beneath, Richard smoothly signs his name and turns to smile openly at the halfling, his raised eyebrow arching to the sheet of paper. With that, the half- elf sits paitiently, his eyes taking everything in...

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Hummin a tune to himself, Morrek ambles into the guildhall. He looks for the first open posting and signs his name after quickly scanning it. He then sits down on the floor and closes his eyes, still humming.

renau1g

First Post
The halfling saunters over to the large dragonborn who just recently signed his name to the board (Bharash). " 'Ello, ain't ya a big fella? Whaddya weigh? 'bout 17 stone by my reckonin' Me name's Geffin, what's yers?" the halfling says quickly, eyeing the large axe that was nearly as tall as him, maybe taller.

CaBaNa

First Post
Hearing the humming dwarf Zed begins a waltz, stepping in time to the dwarf's tune, though not always matching up.
Fine day for a tune and a dance, good show young dwarf!

Zed does a spin and takes the nearest ladies hand and begins his waltz anew, with partner in step. Leaning in Zed whispers into the young ladies ear, at which point she reaches back and slaps Zed through the face, abruptly ending their dance. As the young lady stomps off, Zed continues to dance, holding his mirror up as if it were his partner and making kiss faces at himself.

Grescheks

First Post
Looking down at the halfling, Bharash thoughtfully considered the inquiries. Then, ignoring the first two questions as mere banter, he bowed slightly to Geffin before replying in his deep voice, "I am Bharash. Would I be amiss if I were to assume we are working together to track down those lawless bandits in Epinyerd?"

renau1g

First Post
"Epinyard? Ain't nevah heard o' it. I s'pose if that's what the post be sayin' that's where we be headin'. It'll be fun to be fightin' alongside a big guy like yerself, ya any good with that there firewood chopper?" Geffin keeps the discussion moving. He waves over a serving wench and profers two drinks, one pint and another half-pint, giving the smaller glass to the dragonborn with a wink.

"Can't be havin' yah not thinking straight" he says with a chuckle, drawing a long draught from the mug.

Remove ads