Adventure: Into the Wild

dimsdale

First Post
Max gets up and steadies himself, shaking his head to clear his mind and refocus. Ok Haruka, let's play with this thing a little. Max swings and hits the shard monster. The monster retaliates with an attack of its own, seeing an opening that Max intentionally left for him. This tactic turns out painful for Max as the beast unleashes a full force mental assault on Max, causing him to collapse to the ground in agony. Aggggh!...Haruka! HIt him now! Haurka smiles, partly for an opprotunity to attack the monster, but also enjoying the sight of Max flailing about on the ground with his eyes closed, wincing in pain. Her attack was brutal. The shard monster shrieks in pain and staggers, clearly suffering a great loss of hp from Max and Haruka's combined attacks. Nicely done Haruka...we got him now. Max states as the pain in his head starts to subside.
[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: get up
attack: brash assault: 1d20+11 vs shard moster ac: miss

use luckblade power to re-roll to hit roll: 29 for 12

shard monster attack: 1d20+11 +2 CA vs Will: 30 for 11

Haruka basic ranged melee attack: 1d20+10 +2 CA vs reflex = 29 for 6 damage

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
From the ground, Renquist growls, "Dwarf, can ye circle him so we can take him down faster?"

[sblock=ooc] Neurotic, I'm going to use my daily, would you mind helping me flank for better chance to hit? [/sblock]

[sblock=Mal] Mal did Ibram make his save this turn? [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=FourMonos]I was thinking on attacking both goon and swordmage anyhow, but I planned on moving him so that Virgil is out of the area. Unless it's some kind a healing power, I think you should get over to Dante and get him up, I'll move the swordmage so you can get away.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mal & IronSky]
Shouldn't Virgil make some kind of retaliatory attack(s) when Dante is hit? Or that works only when Virgil is hit? Can't he do anything by himself? Even move?
[/sblock]

"Oh, sleeping ugly awakens. I thought you're dead. Well, more dead then usual. Har Har."

NOTE: this is actually AFTER FourMonos/Renquist moved so cannot flank from M6 to attack the goon

Rocco faints toward the swordmage and as he moves to block he rotates away swinging as he turns and hitting with his left hand axe with full body behind the swing. He wastes short time returning to frontal position, but the wound in swordmage's side was worth it.

[sblock=Actions]
NOTE: if Virgil cannot flank, use Funneling fury to attack goon and swordmage from M6 (lower damage vs swordmage by 3 and no CA) - roll for goon attack +8
Move: shift to N6, flank with Virgil
Standard: Brash strike vs Swordmage's AC; damage (1d20+10+2+1=25, 1d6+11+2=15) - grants CA to swordmage
Minor: N/A
[/sblock]

Last edited:

"Paladin, get to Dante, I'm out of healing! I cannot protect both of them. And hurry, both of you! We need Ibram's healing! I'll get him up, you take over there maniacs!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: shift over Ibram, Primera moves over Renquist (1 square up, unless he wants to get up with shift to be over Dante?)

Standard: Protecting strike vs Will (Swordmage); psychic damage (1d20+7=8, 1d8+5=12) nat 1!

Minor: none
[/sblock]

OOC: I just realized terrible mistake I made. Protective Roots is MINOR action, not standard. I could have attacked in that round :(

FourMonos

First Post
"Dwarf, your jokes are painful to the ears of even to those who were once dead."

Renquist scrambles to his feet away from the hooves of Namentah's guardian until he is standing over Dante's still form. Virgil growls dangerously as Renquist holds his hand near Dante's wounds and dark energy flows from the wound into Renquist.

He makes a swing with his holy infused weapon at the Scimitar warrior, but the recent slumber makes him clumsy and he misses.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Stand: Forced shift to L3.
Minor: Lay on Hands to Dante, Renquist spends HS, Dante regains HP.
Standard: Ardent Strike vs. Scimitar Maniac: 1d20+7+1, 1d10+3+1d6 → ([8, 7, 1], [1, 3, 1]). Roll Lookup . Miss. Still better than being unconscious. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Renquist, Revenant paladin of Lauto
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 21/20 (21 if not bloodied) NAD: F: 16 R:14 W:16
HP: 20/37 Surges: 11/13 Surge Value: 9 AP: 0
Languages: Allerian, Old Allerian
Str:16 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:12

Powers:
At-Will: Ardent Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands [2/3]
Encounter: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle, Channel Divinity: Divine Strength, Second Wind, Divine Pursuit, Dark Reaping
Daily: Blood of the Mighty, Bless Weapon

Special: AC is 21 when not bloodied. DR 3 if Renquist spends a healing surge. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante goes all out with whatever he does, such as being unconscious.

OOC: From the Compendium:

"COUP DE GRACE: STANDARD ACTION

Helpless Target: You can deliver a coup de grace against a helpless enemy adjacent to you. Use any
attack power you could normally use against the enemy, including a basic attack.
Hit: You score a critical hit.

Slaying the Target Outright: If you deal damage greater than or equal to the target’s bloodied value, the target dies."

Did the maniac make an attack roll for any of his CDGs? Even though he has CA and Dante is at -5 for being helpless, I'll take it - especially since Dante would have been killed outright by that last bit of damage if it weren't for the DR!

As for Virgil, there's a feat you can get that lets your pet make attacks while you are dying, but even that wouldn't help here. As is, Virgil can't even make OAs since that would require my immediate action to "fuel".

[sblock=Save failed]1d20=6. This has to be some kind of record.[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka blinks as her vision is restored. Her eyes dart from side to side as she takes in all around her. She sends another spray of flaming darts into the shard creature before casually walking over to inspect Ashir's summoned minion. "Very nice, Ashir. I'm impressed... and maybe a little jealous." She gives a little sigh, "A pity it's about to die, but I suppose that can't be helped."

[sblock=Actions]Oh good, I can see. Time to spread the love. Did I say "love"? I meant "curse".

Standard: Hellish Rebuke the Shard Monster. Hits Reflex 22 for 11 fire damage, 8 more waiting.
Move: Move to Q12, retain concealment.
Minor: Curse the archer in N12.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 6
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 12 | Passive Insight: 18
AC: 19 | For: 20
| Ref: 20 | Will: 19
HP: 32/56+2 | Bloodied: 28 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 8/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +11 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, Hellish Rebuke
Vampiric Embrace, Fiery Bolt
Flames of Phlegethos, Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride, Everybody Move

Deathcut Armor, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
Concealed
Tyrannically Threatening[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Ashir smiles at the warlock's words as he calls his fireball to the far side of the shard monster, away from Max. It flares brightly as the heat intensifies causing a major wound on the enemy.

Meanwhile, the magma beast seems to take offense at Haruka's words and leaps onto the archer next to him, sending it to the ground and tearing out large chunks of flesh. It turns its maw back towards her with an almost condescending grin, bits of the archer fall from it's mouth.

[sblock=Tome]
Just a reminder to me:

Property: When you use a wizard fire power that can be sustained through this tome, you regain hit points equal to the tome’s enhancement bonus each round that you sustain the power while bloodied. For example, if you used the flaming sphere power with a tome of the replenishing flame +2, you would regain 2 hit points each round you sustain the flaming sphere while you are bloodied. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

Minor: Sustain Sphere (regain 1 hp from tome)
Move: move sphere to T7
Standard: attack the shard - vs ref (shard); fire (1d20+8=28, 2d6+9=15) wowzers! two crits in one fight for Ashir! fire crit (1d10=2) so crits for 23 fire damage
Instinctive Action: Magma Beast - because Ashir didn't give it an action it attacks an adjacent creature (archer) vs ref (arhcer); fire (1d20+8=28, 1d10+9=11) OMG! Another crit....seriously? Wow... fire crit (1d10=8) crits the archer for 27 more fire damage + 5 ongoing (which isn't needed) and Ashir is slowed TENT

At start of its turn it takes fire (1d4+9=11) more damage (this should kill it right?)

Ok, here's a shortcut to Ashir's rolls from IC - http://invisiblecastle.com/search/?roll=&name=ashir&player=&campaign=&latest=

So his last 4 d20's were a 20, 18, 20, & 20 - three crits in three rounds...very very un-Ashir like...meanwhile Kane has been firing blanks so I guess the site is rebalancing things...

[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 19 NAD:18/17/16
HP: 22/38 Surges: 5/7 Surge Value: 9 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:19 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:19 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands