• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Into the Wild

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: Treasures:

[sblock=Targets]
How much treasure do you need to be on target? I take the % of a level you have earned and mutliply by the expected amount of treasure over an entire level based on the charter.

Ashir earned 95% of level 5 and 34% of level 6
He needs 3948gp worth of treasure.

Dante earned 71% of level 4
He needs 1491gp worth of treasure.

Haruka earned 94% of level 6 and 23% of level 7
She needs 4732gp worth of treasure.

Max earned 75% of level 4 and 66% of level 5
He needs 3416gp worth of treasure.

Nementah earned 41% of level 2 and 41% of level 3
He needs 1071gp worth of treasure

Renquist earned 41% of level 2 and 41% of level 3
He needs 1071gp worth of treasure

Rocco earned 79% of level 3
He needs 1209gp worth of treasure
[/sblock]

Ashir:
-Mysteriously, through the power of the feywild and the crazy attack rolls made with fire powers, the Tome of Replenishing Flame enhancement increase to +2. (To honor the fiery prowess of Ashir)
-A power Jewel
-A big gem worth precisely 612gp.

Dante
-Belt of Vigor (To pad up that healing surge value; Dante is fragile)
-Amulet of Resolution +1 (Because Dante needs more save than most to get rid of an effect!)
-451gp

Haruka
-Ironscar Ahen rod +2 (because sometime (not often) I look at the wish list for inspiration)
-Tattoo of Vengeance (Because it fits!)
-332gp

Max
-Bracers of Mighty Striking (Because I noticed Max makes basic attack every now and then)
-Long Sword of Shared Wrath +2 (Because it's pure Bravura Warlord)
-296gp

Nementah
-Repulsion Leather Armor +1 (Because you need more ways to survive melee with low AC)
-Cloak of Resistance +1 (Same reason)
-31gp

Renquist
-Defensive Longsword +1 (To improve your odds of not getting KOed)
-Amulet of Physical Resolve +1 (sounds paladinesque...)
-31gp

You wanted to switch to longsword, right? Because it can be whatever weapon you want.

Rocco
Mithral Chainmail +1 (because every dwarf should have mithral stuff)
-369gp

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The fights winds down and the heroes find themselves staring at each other in mild disbelief. That was a large crew. Hey, look; loot! The adventurers quickly snatch what looks interesting while exchanching formal presentations. Max is happy to hear that Patrin did not abandon them and sent rescue.

Suddenly, a few hundred feet removed from the fight, a bright flash of light briefly blinds everyone.

-''Friends, I have it... I... Hurry!'' shouts a large godly figure with an eagle's head and a powerful armored body. Behind him, the entire fortified village population stare in awe at the rip into space created by the imposing figure. He seems to be struggling to maintain it.

The rescuers can't help but be surprised at the sight. Haruka, Max and Ashir are not; this is what they have been waiting for. They urge the group to rush through the gate.

GM: Well, I guess I could/should have thought beyond reunification.

Mission accomplished. What now?

The Into the Wild crew have done their job. They found the 'Humanitas Severe' crew and in doing so allowed Raiko to open that portal (long story, but by hopping planes you weakened the walls between planes for a very short while and allowed Raiko to use his godly powers (even longer story) to rip open a portal that allows you to go back to Daunton.

Players who want out, that's it. Raiko can lead his flock to safety and go start a cult somewhere, so that's a nice way to remove a MIA player.

As loose ends go, that leaves Ethan Severus. Tries to kill you, deals with devils, kidnap children, organize sadistic hunts that ends in rape and murder Ethan. That Guy.

Of course, he is a fey lord of some power. If we do this, that's higher level stuff and I won't always split the battlefield with the 7th level Elite Controller and 8th level brute on one end with the level 4 or less monsters on the other! From now on, opponents will be a little more uniform.

Also, I had witheld XP from the 'Humanitas Severe' crew in order to lessen the gap. As you can see by the XP distribution, they have an even bigger lead.

All this to say; I am willing to keep anyone who wants to stay on the hunt to kill Severus but you have to realize that the lowest level PCs (Renquist and Nementah) are a long way powerwise from the Humanitas Severe Crew. So you have to ask yourself if you are okay with this or you'd rather pass and go back to Daunton to find something more level appropriate.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: I realized that the Into the Wild crew needs a little bit more gold; I didn't account for the previous small XP award I gave just before that fight. I'll do the math and probably give it cash.

I would hate to lose Nementah, but I think if I play it right I can pull it off, esp with repulsion armor. I think mass DR and essntially at-will temporary hit points can help even higher level group.

Especially if they take care to protect weaker members...if they'll have us

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I am also happy to stick with the adventure and help the "rescued" (as in, "I'm glad they saved our butts") adventurers.

It does appear they are down in defenders, which Rocco and Renquist can pursue for them.

I recognize this may mean my character could be more easily overcome in battles, so if I'm okay with that, is the original crew okay with that? I don't wish to waste resources healing us if we go down more easiliy.

If you want me/us to check out and seek another adventure that is fine.

Let me know your thoughts. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ashir will keep going, I'll be swapping out some powers as I level up to get some more party-friendly ones. [/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
-Ironscar Ahen rod +2 (because sometime (not often) I look at the wish list for inspiration)

Thank you for making the exception. Don't forget to get a judge in here, by the way.

Murdering Severus is what Dante was really wanting to do anyway.

Oh man, Haruka's right there with you. As Severus himself said, she's after his heart.

I don't have a problem with the lower level folk staying around. Haruka's about to become pretty decent at peeling monsters off our more fragile party members. Besides, it's more fuel for my Haruka's superiority complex, which will be great I'm sure.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I don't mind either. Max works best when he's surrounded by friendly close combat melee types as he has many powers that grant them free attacks...and Haruka too when she's within 5 squares of him.

I'm game with whatever the group wants to do
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads