[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

jbear

First Post
Pulling his hand axe from the inert body of the goliath, Leather sheaths the weapon while keeping his eyes fixed firmly on the boats.

"I hope you are warmed up now" he comments to the others. "It sounds like we have kicked a bees nest. Bees tend to not like it when you do that."

Breathing in through his nose, Leather centres himself for the final onslaught. "Dwarf!" he calls to their cannoneer. "Time's over for you needing us to think for you. If you are as famous as they say, then you need to shoot something with that cannon of yours. Or I'm fixing to tell everyone in the Drinking Hole on the docks that you sat behind a wall the whole fight while you watched us, no better than a smooth faced tight wearin' elven bard, writing poems of our greatness. Shoot at the first thing you see. You hear?"

Leather doesn't look like he's joking despite the mildly amusing way he shared his thoughts. A dwarf's reputation is on the line!

[sblock=Actions?] As we are unlikely to ever use the cannons in the next fight as the standard action power is weaker then our own standard action powers, can we have them prepared to at least fire off one shot as soon as the enemies begin their final assault as a prepared action?

That is at least my intent with Leather growling our dwarf friend.

Taking a short rest! 3 surges spent bring Leather back up to max HPs. Swapping Battle Axe over for Long Sword. And collecting Hand Axe. [/sblock]
[sblock=Marcus Leather]
Marcus Leather
Human Fighter (Brawler) 1
Passive Perception/Insight 11
AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:14, Will:12, Speed:5
HP: 31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/12
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter):

Conditions:

Powers
MBA: Longsword, +7 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
MBA: Battle Axe, +6 vs AC, 1d10+4 dmg
RBA: Handaxe, +6 vs AC, 1d6+4 (0/3 used)
Combat Challenge
Cleave, Grappling Strike, Weaponmaster's Strike

Steel Serpent Strike:
Inevitable Strike:
Second Wind

Comeback Strike:

Combat notes:
Deft Hurler Style: Leather can forgo dealing damage to the adjacent enemy to instead make a basic ranged attack with a heavy thrown weapon against one creature other than the target of your cleave. This ranged basic attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Brawler Style: Leather can use Grappling Strike for OAtks
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Trigger: The baddies finish their rush from the boats
Origin square: Marked O on map

Is that alright?

It will mean we will want to stay away from there and perhaps set ourselves accordingly [/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Spending 3 surges. At 25/28 hp and 3/10 surges.

[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 1 Status: Normal Passive Perception 21, Passive Insight 14 AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 12, Will 14 HP 25/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 3/10 Speed 7, Initiative +2 Action Points: 0, Second Wind [] At-Will Powers: Magic Stones Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [], Ferocious Charge [], Healing Word [][] Daily Powers: Summon Fierce Boar [] [/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 13 AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16 HP 14+4/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3 Speed 6, Initiative +2[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 12 AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16 HP 14/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3 Speed 6, Initiative +2[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Thinking about it, I'm not sure using the cannons at all are a good idea.

As you've seen, Fhangrim and his girls tend to do a lot of shifting/moving into flanking positions. If there are large areas of difficult terrain, that cuts down on my effectiveness significantly.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Hey Boomer, I'll fire this one off. Set it to hit the right side of the left most dock in the pile of death.
OOC: Ilex spends 2 surges to get back to full and 1 to resummon Noctua. Ilex moves to the left cannon. The cannon is already loaded (page 13 post 121 by jbear) what is the action required to fire the cannon? Ilex will have it aimed at 7C where the big yellow X is.
boomers cannons said:

The black squares on the map are the cannons that Boomer has set up for you. Because Boomer doesn't have the time to adjust the cannons for long range fire, they can only make the following attack:
Cannon Fire: Area burst 2 within 10 (from the cannon that is fired); Targets all creatures in the burst. +5 vs Reflex; 1d6+5 damage, and the area creates a permanent zone of difficult terrain.
It takes a standard action to use the flash pellet you were given to signal the cannon fire. When you do so, designate one square within 10 squares of yourself. This square will be the origin of the cannon fire attack. If that square is outside of the cannon's range, the origin of the blast will be placed in the closest square to where you designated.
Boomer will use the cannon closest to where the flash occurs, using a loaded cannon over a non-loaded cannon if more than one is in range.
If you pre-load a/the cannon(s) now, the attack will occur at the end of the turn in which the flash pellet is used, instead of the round after
Feel free to load as many or as little of the cannons now, as you choose. Whoever uses the flash pellet, go ahead and roll the attack and damage rolls for the cannon Fire as well.
You have three shots, and three cannons total. Use them as frequently or as sparingly as you wish, but that is all you have for the remainder of the adventure.

[sblock=Stats]
[sblock=Ilex]Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 3
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 20
AC 15, Fort 14, Reflex 16, Will 18
HP 32/32 Temp HP Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 3/8
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, []Second Wind
At-Will Powers:
Stone Blood,
Hypnotism,
Light,
Mage Hand
Encounter Powers:
[]Chameleon's Mask,
[]Hamadryad Aspects,
[]Glorious Presence,
[]Herbal Healing,
[]Color Spray,
[]Spidersilk Mantle
Daily Powers:
[]Augury,
[x]Healing Word,
[]Arcane Whirlwind,
[]Feyswarm Staff,
[]Flute of the Dancing Satyr [/sblock]

[sblock=Luna]Luna - Moon Wisp Familiar
AC 17, Fort 15, Reflex 17, Will 19
HP 1/1
Constant Benefits: Ilex gains +2 to Arcana and Nature
At-Will Powers: Moon Wisp Radiance
Milestone Power: []Moon Bite [/sblock]
[sblock=Noctua]Noctua Ursus - Young Owlbear Companion [x]Summoned
Ferocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 19
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 14, Will 18
HP 16/16 Bloodied 8, Surge Value 4
Speed 6, Initiative +1 [/sblock][/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I'm ready, but I don't have my computer. Posting from my phone. Haaku doesn't need to spend surges. Thanks for clarifying the dice counter, CFW!

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 2

Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14
HP: 29/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 3/8 Speed: 6 squares
AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0

Melee Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+8 (off-hand)
Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort, Sohei Flurry, Off-hand Strike, Invigorating Stride, Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]

Remove ads