[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

jbear

First Post
Leather had been standing back resisting the temptation to crack knuckles, biding his time to see if he was going to need to convince this drunk with a punch in the face or three. But the gnoll seemed to have things under control, surprisingly.

When he slaps down another 10 pieces of gold after paying the man's huge bar tab Leather's eyes almost pop from his head. Seeing such a generous pile of gold, enough to feed him for several months Leather can't keep his mouth shut. "What the Hells?"

He storms up to the equally speechless drunkard and grabs him by the shirt.

"Now look here sailor! My friend is offering you enough gold to drink yourself into the grave! If you even think of messing with us I'll snap every bone in your body. And I mean ... every ... bone ... in your body! We aint got time for wasting, sailor. You better pick up your gold and be quick about taking us to Boomer. 'Cos if I get tired of waiting for you I'm going to take that gold back and start to work on your bones, starting with your fingers."

OOC: Completely unnecessary Intimidation check due to being witness to such an extraordinarily generous bribe: Intimidation 21

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex said a few words in Eladrin to Noctua who then stood up and sulked towards the door. Seeing that there was likely little she needed to do she too also headed for the door but waiting inside till the rest of the group was ready to leave.

Randal's amazement at being treated so kindly and generously (and from a "monster" no less) is topped only by his surprise at Leather's sudden and completely unfounded need to frighten him senseless. His face turns completely ashen at the dark, brutally built human when he spots all of the weapons carried by the man, and both Fhangrim and Leather find themselves needing to step back several paces as a dark spot covers the man's pants, and a yellow puddle spreads outward from the man's feet.

Randal attempts to apologize for whatever slight he had caused, but all that comes out is a mumbled jibberish.

Even the bartender is completely taken aback for a moment before regaining his composure. Standing up straight and leaning over the bar he points his fingers at Leather.

"Adventurer or not, I'll have none of that in my establishment! Randal," he continues angrily, "I don't know what you've done to bring this upon yerself this time, but it's the last straw! You've been a relatively good customer, but you've had my pub smashed up a half dozen times cause of your ways. Git out of my pub and don't come back! That goes for the lot of ya! Ain't been here five minutes and yer already threatening my customers. Get out. Now."

The bartender grabs five gold worth of coins from the bar before anyone could take them away and then points toward the entrance emphatically, staring at the adventurers with narrowed eyes.

WEContact

First Post
Haaku stays on the street and watches, amused, as the party is thrown out of the bar almost as quickly as they enter it. Ah, the dwarf who knows Boomer was thrown out with them. Haaku waits to see how the drunk will react to this turn of events- if he flees, Haaku will catch him, but he will try talking to the dwarf only as a last resort.

jbear

First Post
Leather takes the drunk by the scruff of the neck. "We were leaving anyway."

Leather leaves with the man firmly in tow.

Outside he growls. "Now you don't need to talk, and nothing bad is going to happen, as long as you start moving in the direction we can find Boomer. When we arrive you get your money from my friend. With ten pieces of gold you'll be welcome in any bar in town, so you've lost nothin'... Yet. But that can change."

Leather glares at the man as if to say 'get going'.

OOC: Ahhh ... Intimidate, such a maligned skill. And that was a dwarven ale house? You'd think they would be used to descriptive language in there! ;)

ANGRYxPIRATE

First Post
Could tell when the bartender began his spill that the party was in trouble and slowly sulked outside keeping his distance from Leather and the filthy drunken dwarf. Moving over beside Ilex looking on at the treatment of the hole digger with mild amusement. Looking to the half of the party closest to him he gives a grave expression, "We best either drop this lead and try to get another of the three to help us if we are going to be prepared before the invasion.. by my calculations we have wasted almost 45 minutes on this Boomer fellow with nothing solid.", he looks from the obviously wise arcane wielder and then to the dusty monk.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Not a monk! I just mult-classed monk!

"Your friend has a pretty good lead on where to find Boomer by the scruff of the neck. I'd say that's pretty solid. Let's see how it plays out."

Randal whimpers a little as he is dragged out of the pub, his head drooped in defeat as he is kicked out of his favorite establishment and forced into service by this dark skinned man. Sure he was offered money for his services (by the Gnoll at least), but now he had to actually walk somewhere instead of just giving information and sending them on their way. And he dare not attempt that, lest this muscle-bound brute think he was trying to get away.

With a sigh he starts plodding toward the inner city portion of Daunton, away from the docks. The trip takes you about fourty five minutes through the winding streets of the city until you come upon a nicer section of town. Stopping in front of a black rod-iron gate, Randal points to the house behind the closed gate.

"That's th' place..." he says, noticeably more sober. "Boomer lives in there. Can I have my money now?"

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim shakes his head.

"No sir, that would hardly be fair. I think for ten gold coins a proper introduction would be in order."

Fhangrim motions toward the gate.

"If you would do the honors sir."

Remove ads