[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Passive Perception 21.

As Fhangrim enters the bar, he pauses to wait for any (not so) unusual (over) reactions from the patrons.

He over hears the conversation between the human and the bartender, including his half-drunk rambling under his breath.

The gnoll walks up the bar, grinning widely at the barkeep and his patron.

"Good DAY gentlemen!"

Fhangrim pulls out a pouch of coins.

"Allow me good sir," he adds clearly addressing the human. "What does the man owe," he adds turning to the bartender.

The bartender takes a few steps backward at the sudden presence of the Gnoll and mutters a jumble of words to Fhangrim, but you did catch that drinks are 5 coppers a piece and that the man's tab was 5 gold.

Randal looks up drunkenly at the offer to clear up his tab.

"Why thanksh frien'! Mush oblished! B'why dush a guy likesh yoosh would doesh a thing likesh that fer a guy likesh me? *hic* Oh, eshcush me."

ANGRYxPIRATE

First Post
The gnome follows the group into the musky tavern smelling of sweaty boots and the faint aroma of fish. He held himself back from announcing the party's presence with a fanfare of trumpets and spotlights though he really REALLY wanted to. Looking to the bar he wasn't surprised to find the dwarf drowning his senses in ale. Folding his small arms over his vest he shook his head thinking: we would have a better chance hiring the aid of a troop of fish mongers!

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
"Sounds like Boomer is who we want. Hopefully we won't have to do much backtracking to find him." Ilex and her companions will follow Leather and the "Ring Master."

OOC: oops, I need to catch up. I guess a bunch of posts popped up after my last refresh.

Son of Meepo

First Post
The gnoll slaps 5 gold coins on the bar and then turns back to Randal.

"I'll make sure there is enough coin to keep the ale flowing if you can bring me to Boomer."

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: You and me both! It is past midnight here in Afghan I'm going to have to call it a nught and catch up later. What site should we use for die rolls? Anyone?

OOC: Generally I use Invisible Castle, although there is a die roller built into the forum.

Oh, and before I forget to mention it again, thank you for your service.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
The musky scent of the tavern causes Ilex's stomach to lurch. Keeping her mouth covered she gives Noctua instructions to lay by the hearth. Once Noctua was settled in Ilex joins the bulk of their group wondering how they can tollerate the stench of stale beer and sweat.

Perception at the Bearded Barley (1d20+5=19) No luck on hearing the rest of the bar conversation here.

The bartender looks at the rather large number of animals who have entered his pub.

"Hey now! What are you doing bringing a bunch of wild animals into here!? This is my pub, not a stable, and not a kennel! I don't care if they are trained! Get em outta here!"

Randal looks up at the Gnoll with a big sheep-eating-grin.

"I jush might know shumfin' bout a Boomer...but my memory might worksh a lot better *hic* ifsh I had a better idea of jush how mush ale we're talksh bout..."

OOC: Fhangrim: Roll a Diplomacy check and spend 5 gp. For every 5 gp more that you spend, add a +2 bonus to your roll.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: My owlbears never entered, but they probably aren't helping his business any since they are standing right outside.

Fhangrim reaches into his pouch and holds up a stack of coins.

"At five coppers a pop this ought to last you quite a while."

OOC: Spending a total of 15 gp.

Dimplomacy (+10 gp) (1d20+5+4=25)

Remove ads