• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=OOC]I have updated my character with the exception of picking a feat. Advice welcome.[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[SBLOCK=ooc]
A couple decent ones:

Action Surge (Human) - nice with an area spell to gain the +3 to hit, Spray of Quills combined with this could be nice

Improved defenses (From Essentials) - Benefit: You gain a +1 feat bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will. (scales per tier)

Armor Proficency (Chain) - helps bump up the AC for World Speaker Shamans

Implement Focus (Essentials) - Benefit: Choose an implement with which you have proficiency. You gain a +1 feat bonus to the damage rolls of implement attacks that you make with the chosen implement. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=renau1g, OOC]
A couple decent ones:

Action Surge (Human) - nice with an area spell to gain the +3 to hit, Spray of Quills combined with this could be nice

Improved defenses (From Essentials) - Benefit: You gain a +1 feat bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will. (scales per tier)

Implement Focus (Essentials) - Benefit: Choose an implement with which you have proficiency. You gain a +1 feat bonus to the damage rolls of implement attacks that you make with the chosen implement. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
How cruddy is that? I knew they'd sneak some good new stuff into Essentials so we'd all have to buy them, too. That BITES! Do we all have a feat coming? Did I already choose one for Faustus? If so, I might want to retcon that choice and take Improved Defenses -- that's primo!
Leif, don't forget you were just awarded a +1 Great Hunger Maul to better crush your enemies with.
Wow! I did not realize that before, thanks!
BTW, where can I find the particulars for the Great Hunger Maul? I checked in PH1-3 and don't see it. I'll check adventurers' vault next...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=renau1g, OOC]Ryan, I have totally screwed up Faustus's wiki page. I was trying to add in the +1 Great Hunger Maul and things got very weird. Can you fix it for me? :)

I was trying to add a line for the +1 GH Maul beneath his regular maul, but within that same entry on the chart. I think that's what screwed everything up. Either that, or making the entry to long by listing the powers of the GH Maul?

BTW, Faustus wants to keep his other maul for emergencies or something, maybe just to drive tent stakes?

I LURVE F's new magic maul, BTW!!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Leif]
Everyone gets a feat at level 2 so you're in luck. The Great Hunger Weapon is from Adventurer's Vault 2

Here's the details:
Great Hunger Weapon

This weapon’s normal low keening tones build into a great howl when it engages in battle.

Level: 3
Price: 680 gp
Weapon: Any melee
Enhancement: +1 attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d8 damage
Property: When you score a critical hit using this weapon, the damage of the next critical hit you score with this weapon scores increases by 1[W]. This effect is cumulative until the end of the encounter.

Power (Daily): Immediate Reaction. Trigger: An enemy adjacent to you scores a critical hit against you. Effect: Roll this weapon’s critical damage dice (including any extra damage from the weapon’s property) and deal that much damage to the triggering enemy. [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=renau1g]Yeah, thanks but I found the item last night, so I already knew this. ;) Hey, can you restore my L4W page to the way it was before yesterday, or failing that, can you just fix it for me?[/sblock]
[sblock=renau1g, OOC]I already saw that you fixed it and sent you an email thanking you. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
[SBLOCK=ooc]
A couple decent ones:

Implement Focus (Essentials) - Benefit: Choose an implement with which you have proficiency. You gain a +1 feat bonus to the damage rolls of implement attacks that you make with the chosen implement. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Thanks! I picked Implement Focus.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=renau1g, OOC]Like I (think I) said before, if Faustus is due a new feat, he chooses Improved Defenses. Already got it added to the wiki, btw. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads