• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

HandofMystra

First Post
[sblock=leveling] Can I buy an accurate staff. out here in the middle of nowhere? Anyway, I will take Superior Implement training (Accurate staff). I wanted to take Master Communicator, but the real gravy from that will not come until my Diplomacy gets to at least 15[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Purchases]
You can talk to Oleg, he can see about gettings things from the capital city here on a shipment. A non-magical implement shouldn't be too hard. [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=New Summary for Ezmerelda, level 2]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Ezmerelda, level 2
Genasi, Swordmage
Swordmage Aegis: Aegis of Shielding
Elemental Manifestation: Windsoul
Extra Manifestation: Watersoul
Background: Recent Life - Mercenary Work (+2 to Athletics)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 12.

AC: 20 Fort: 14 Reflex: 15 Will: 14
HP: 37 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 9

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +10, Intimidate +7, Endurance +11, Athletics +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering, Heal, History +5, Insight, Nature +2, Perception, Religion +5, Stealth +1, Streetwise +2, Thievery +1

FEATS
Level 1: Extra Manifestation
Level 2: Elemental Echo

POWERS
Swordmage at-will 1: Frigid Blade
Swordmage at-will 1: Sword Burst
Swordmage encounter 1: Flame Cyclone
Swordmage daily 1: Frost Backlash
Swordmage utility 2: Host of Shields

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Leather Armor, Longsword, Crossbow, Farbond Spellblade Longsword +1
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
[/sblock]

HandofMystra

First Post
"Bandits? No, we aren't bandits, we're revolutionaries! The nobles care naught for our plight. We take what should be ours. So what's your story? How much land did they offer your for your help?" the youth replies, the fires in his eyes burn brightly as he speaks, but Elurin's words seem to affect him. He takes you to a spot underneath the tree he was perched on and lefts up a rock, showing a veritable hoard of weapons, gold and potions.
Elurin hefts the staff and thanks Hiccup.
Despite expecting a comment like this the druid seems taken aback. "As far as I know the nobles have no influence in this territory, we were chartered to keep people from being robbed, that is helping people keep what shold be theirs. What is the plight that is being ignored? What have you seen the nobles do that is so unfair, then tell me what these others have told you."

[sblock=swag]Can I just find a +1 Aversion Accurate Staff, since the base item is mundane and needs a feat to activate?[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"Of course they ain't got no influence here, that's why we're out here. They work us common folk to the bones, killing us to keep themselves fat and rich. My pa had a dream about us working for ourselves, you know, earning a fair share of our work and all. A noble we were working for heard about this and then my pa disappeared one night. The local magistrate said he'd look into it, then kicked us out of his office. We never found nothing out and my Ma's heart was broken, her spirit dashed. She just faded away, not eating, not sleeping, just sitting there, clinging to my Pa's hat, like it'd bring him back. She didn't last long. A friend told me about a group that's gonna strike back and take a bite outta the noble's pockets... of course I jumped on board. I ain't proud of what we did, and I think not all of us believed in the same things, but I justified it by remembering my folks and trying to get vengeance for them. Hiccup replies.

[sblock=ooc]
Sure, it's Accurate. [/sblock]

HandofMystra

First Post
The druid looks at the other young man with sincere regret. "I am sorry about what happened to your mother. The nobles can certainly be self-centered (they were with me). I just don't think they have that much control out here yet. Can you tell me more about how 'the noble heard'? These are dangerous parts, I was recently saved from a combination bird/bear by my brave companion. There are a lot of ways that a man can disappear besides Sword Lord death squads."
"How much support do groups like Kressles' have out here? Are there other groups or was Kressle acting alone? Do folk give them food and shelter. Did your group share their spoils with the common folk. "
"A noble we were working for heard about this and then my pa disappeared one night. The local magistrate said he'd look into it, then kicked us out of his office.
[sblock=ooc]Awesome; I will update my Wiki page by Monday. Glad to back to the game! [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Ah, we ain't from around here, moved here to get away from the noble's reach, easier to hit them around here too" the young man explains, "'fraid I ain't know much more about the noble hearing, I just know my Pa was all nervous, looking to move us all quick like before he disappeared, we never did finish packing. Heck, likely was sold out be a fellow peasnt for some scraps from the noble's table. As for Kressle, yeah she's working with others, there's one guy in charge of this area, saw him one time, calls himself the Stag Lord, or some such nonsense. Figure this is on account of the creepy stag helmet he wears around all the time. Anyways, he stopped by once when we were first getting set-up here, talked only to Kressle though so I ain't sure what they were talking about. She did let slip once that he's got a fort somewhere around here that he based out of, but I don't know where it's at." he adds

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"And the common folk? I did not hear you say whether or not you take from them, or whether you share your spoils with them. Though I must say, Oleg and his wife have done nothing to you and are surely counted among the common folk just trying to make a living, and you did not hesitate to take from them."

renau1g

First Post
"They are puppets of the nobles, the vanguard for the continued expansion of their influence." Hiccups says indignantly, "As for the commoners, Kressle said they sent a share of it to those back home, but I never saw it" he adds, a little less enthusiastically.

[sblock=Insight DC 17]
The young man obviously doesn't think this is 100% true but he seems a stubborn sort [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger of Lauto

"They are puppets of the nobles, the vanguard for the continued expansion of their influence." Hiccups says indignantly, "As for the commoners, Kressle said they sent a share of it to those back home, but I never saw it" he adds, a little less enthusiastically.

[sblock=Insight DC 17]
The young man obviously doesn't think this is 100% true but he seems a stubborn sort [/sblock]
" 'Puppets of the nobles,' you say.......and yet we have seen absolutely no evidence of any such thing, nor are they enjoying any better circumstances than the rest in this area. Your words have a hollow ring to them, Bandit. I'm not certain how much longer we can stand idly by and listen to such daydreams and drivel without taking serious action against those who spread such lies," opines Faustus as he tenderly strokes his mighty maul.

[sblock=OOC]I didn't bother with the insight roll -- no matter what, whether he's speaking the truth or not, Faustus is just fishing for an excuse to 'deal harshly' with our dear 'Hiccup.'[/sblock]

Remove ads