[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ruarc starts at the Druid's words. "Hold, friend. I've said any bandits we capture will either be slain, or they'll be returned for trial and judgement. I meant those words. An' you let the lad go he'll not live to see tomorrow."

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger of Lauto

Clearly, Faustus is just THRILLED by Ruarc's words. "Oh, do let him go!! PUHLEEZE let him go?! I want to have etched in my mind the scene of Ruarc chopping the lad to bits!"

HandofMystra

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Sorry about not posting. I have been sick. Mowgli - I just reread Ruarc's long post.[/sblock]
Elurin looks at his large companion. "I would be for taking him to the authorities. Who are the authorities here?"

To Faustus, "If others lives are so cheap to you and killing so dear, how can I know that you will not kill us in our sleep?"

[sblock=please bear with me]I want to give Hiccup a chance to repent[/sblock]
He strides back to Hiccup, "You say that you want to help commoners like yourself at the expense of the nobles. Who do you know that you have help, who have you hurt?"

Leif

Adventurer

To Faustus, "If others lives are so cheap to you and killing so dear, how can I know that you will not kill us in our sleep?"
Faustus smiles his wicked little Tiefling smile and says, " 'Know?' Well, I guess you can't really 'know.' What's-a-matter? Don't you trust me?" ;) Oh, very well, in all honesty -which is something that goes against my inborn nature- I'm not as fierce nor as fearsome as I act. Don't tell Hiccup, though," he says with a wink to their new, young acquaintance, "I thought I was beginning to get my bluff in on him. Oh, well, so much for that, I guess!"

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=please bear with me]I want to give Hiccup a chance to repent[/sblock]
He strides back to Hiccup, "You say that you want to help commoners like yourself at the expense of the nobles. Who do you know that you have help, who have you hurt?"

The words seem to cut into the young man, he appears to be ready to respond with the same righteous indignation he spewed forth previously, but then seems at a loss to come up with an answer. He thinks for a moment, then the fight seems to leave him, his voice turns more quiet, less confident "*sigh* I guess I only helped Kressle and the Stag Lord, not really any regular folks. I just got caught up in it is all, thought I was doing the right thing, but it all got screwed up along the way." he says, hands running through his dirty hair.

[sblock=Insight DC 16]
He does appear to be honest in his statement [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Ezmerelda nods.

"That's how it usually works. Some old campaigner goes against his old lord, any number of reasons why, and goes stirring up the youth with wild talk of putting down the tyrant...then when they're all fired up he'll say, 'oh but first, we need some coin so we can arm ourselves...' so you steal some gold from whomever you must. Then it's, 'now we can attack! but first, we'll need...' And before long, the noble revolution is just a pack of..."

She notices Hiccup's distress and stops herself. "Well. Anyway. We'll need to know where the 'Stag Lord' makes camp."

Leif

Adventurer

Faustus smiles at Ezmerelda's all-too-accurate observation. "Seems as if the rank and file of 'humanity' is more devilish than I am."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Mari

"Are we protectors of this land or a debating society. Let's get some rest and plan an attack on the Stag Lord for tomorrow."

Leif

Adventurer

"Agreed, Mari. This is a boring argument anyway. Care to help me relax, so I can sleep better? I haven't had a good horn massage in ages."

Remove ads