[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so what's [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] & [MENTION=40754]HandofMystra[/MENTION] thoughts on Ruarc's proposal? We good? [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
When all eyes turn to her, Ezmerelda shrugs. "It's all good with me," she says. "I'm just here to do what I was paid for. Figure if the boy's got an honest job than he's effectively been 'vanquished' as far as banditry goes, so it suits me fine."

"One thing though..." She comes over and peers at the valuables liberated. "Did we find that ring?"

HandofMystra

First Post
"We have the issue of Happs back at Oleg's too. Having them both work off their crimes is appealing but I do not both working for Oleg in case something happens to make them change their minds and overpower Oleg."
[sblock=OOC] a little sick today, not up to much description[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Well we're heading back there anyway. We'll just take young Hiccup along and think about it on the way. Oleg can likely let us know if the idea makes him uncomfortable."

[sblock=OOC]I am remembering correctly, right? We're headed back to the trading post anyway?[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger of Lauto

Faustus perks up at the mention of returning to the trading post. "That sounds good to me! I could use another draught of ale. Or perhaps something a bit stronger...."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Ring]
You did find the ring that Oleg had asked you to find [/sblock]

The party travels back to Oleg's trading post, growing weary now as the frantic travel to the camp combined with the two battles and the travel back.

The sun is begin its ascent as the fort comes into sight, the doors standing open and you see a handful of humanoids milling about. No trouble appears to be caused by them and as you draw closer you notice that they wear the same armor that the guards from Restov and bear that city's insignia.

One man sees the group approaching and walks out to meet them, a tall, lanky man approaching his middle age waves affably at the group. "Hail. I'm Kesten Garess, and your companion has informed me about you. Wise decision leaving him behind, never know when a bandit will attack. I'm here at the behest of the Sword Lords to provide security for this fort." the man says, an hint of snootiness around him. "I can secure your prisoner, you all look like you could use some rest" he says.

[sblock=Kesten Garess]
Terseon_Skellerang.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=History DC 20]
Kesten is a member of one of Brevoy’s noble houses in name only. You recall the scandal when an affair between Kesten and a lowborn woman named Tania, a weaver’s daughter, became public knowledge. His father Evan, a cousin of the Garess family patriarch, disowned Kesten, who fled to Restov to serve as a mercenary. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Do you want to see Oleg now or wait until morning after your rest? Also, Scorpius will offer to help guard the prisoners if you wish to keep Happs and Hiccup here.

Also - I updated the Adventure Log with your latest actions.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I need some ale first, immediately followed by some good, restful sleep."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I need food and sleep as well, but I'd like to get our business with Oleg taken care of first. All of us need not be present for that meeting, though, friend."

Leif

Adventurer

"Oh, so you'd prefer not to have the Tiefling be present for the closing of this deal, eh? I wonder why that could possibly be! Ye wouldn't be looking to rook old Faustus out of his fair share of the payout, now would you? No matter, that got my blood to pumping again, so I can hold off going to sleep now for as long as need be to ensure that no mischief is worked." ;) Faustus winks at Ruarc, making it all but impossible to tell whether the Tiefling says this in jest or if he is serious.

[sblock=XP?]
Ten XP [if renau1g feels like giving it] to the first person to spot my covert reference to one of Mowgli's past characters -- I believe the first one he ever played at ENWorld.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads