[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

HandofMystra

First Post
Elurín keeps on keeping on

Elurín sensed the stream all along but is impressed by the rangers ability to find it nonetheless. the owlbear continues to press the duo, the half-elf matches or exceeds the pace set by the Goliath. Every item the owlbear catches its breath or gathers itself for another charge, they steadily gain distance.
[sblock=Endurance]1d20+4=15 should be +2 only so 13[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]I bought a house yesterday :) and had spotty internet last night so I could not post. My PC is awaiting approval, the link is in my sig if the DM wants to change my link in the first post[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Mari

Mari struggles along the deck checking for loose stays or anything unsecured that might pose a hazard in the storm. Her sharp eyes miss little and she quickly shouts her findings to crewmen. "Batten that hatch!" "You, do you call that a knot? Fix that line before you have the mast down on us boy." She sprinkles a bit of rum on the deck and calls for her spirit companion. A roiling form of rain and wind coalesces before her into a humanoid shape that looks vaguely like a big sailor. A wild excited look is on the stormy face as the world speaker spirit reveals in the unbridled power of nature around them.

OOC: Perception (1d20+9=27). Minor action summon spirit companion.

[sblock=Mari stat block]Mari Female Human Shaman 1 Initiative: 0, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal AC:14, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:16 HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10 Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused Powers:Haunting Spirits, World Speaker's Command, Voice of Battle, Call Spirit Companion, Wrath of Winter, Healing Spirit, Speak with Spirits, Bramble Ally, Spray of Quills

Conditions: [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Ruarc locates a stream that he hopes will cover your scent as you look to escape the domain of the owlbear.

Elurín struggles to maintain the pace set by the much taller goliath and the stream is difficult to travel through. She slams her knee on a rock and a small cry of pain escapes from her lips despite her best efforts.

A loud shriek is heard from the forest not far away... it appears you've been heard.

[sblock=OOC]
The 13 endurance is a failure. Congrats on the house though :)

Successes: 1/4
Failures: 1/3

I have a minor houserule that I hope gives a bit more life to the challenges and I'll apply a penalty for the same PC to repeat the same skill. i.e. if Ruarc was to attempt Nature again next round there's a -2 penalty to the check.

Note: Elurín can duplicate any skill that Ruarc's used (and vice versa).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger

Faustus looks deeply into the threatening sky, looking for any clue as to how much longer the storm might continue to lash the ship with such fury.

Skill Challenge 1st check: Skill Challenge, Perception (1d20+9=19)

[sblock=renau1g]Thanks for the heads up. Guess it was you who made the changes already on his wiki sheet? Or was it Carl? Anyway, thanks to whomever! ;)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Scorpius' acrobatic skills are on display as the half-orc's expert skill ties down the sails before the wind tears them apart.

Mari and Faustus' keen eyes are able to aide the sailors in locking down some loose rigging and the tiefling spots what looks like a weakening in the storm if the boat is turned to starboard. The helmsmen spins the wheel and the vessel follows the course, but the storm is still strong, a bolt of lightning slams into the waves not a hundred feet from the ship.

[sblock=OOC]

Successes: 3
Failures: 0

Still to go - Ezmerelda

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Ezmerelda stays on slick, pitching deck, through the waves splashing over the side, and the wind howling in the ears. She struggles to hear orders, and dashes to carry them out...tightening knots and ropes, hauling on capstans, taking in sails, and in general being nautical in persuasion.

The storm though has a strength beyond human, and in this case, beyond even genasi...exacting a heavy toll from the stalwart mercenary.

Endurance: 1d20+10 = 15
Roll Lookup

(OOC - For some reason I thought I posted this on Friday. I feel about as incompetent as my character now. :))

renau1g

First Post
The Ship

Somehow, even with the wind pelting her with rain that felt more like a sandstorm than water, Ezmerelda pushed through the pain and continued to work around the vessel.

[sblock=OOC]
That 15 was still a success Shay

Successes: 4/6
Failures: 0/3

Everyone Up

[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Scorpius finishes his work on the mainmast, and quickly sees the helmsman struggles to keep his coarse, set by Faustus' keen eyes. The wind slams him hard on the exposed upperdeck and he slides, slamming his head and turning the wheel.

Scorpius quickly falls to the main deck, but with everything battened down, he has nothing left to swing on. He charges forward and springs up, leaping now with brute strength and grabbing the rail with one hand. He quickly grabs the dazed helmsman by the scruff of his shirt and locks his other arm onto the wheel turning her back on course.

"I've got you." He growls through the wind. He looks out on deck, knowing they were almost through.

[sblock=ooc] Athletics 27[/sblock]

HandofMystra

First Post
Under Water Under Cover

Elurín, wincing slightly on his hurt knee brethes "I can't go much further in this water to Ruarc. He spots aroung looking for a place where they can be unseen by the owlbear under the water. He finds a place where a bush grows out over the stream and points the huge ranger to it. They should be able to stay mostly in the water here to hide their smell and keep their heads hidden under the bush.[sblock=Perception]finding concealment under water (1d20+9=16)[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ruarc kneels briefly in the swirling waters and nods in appreciation of his new companion's careful arrangement of foliage.

"Fear not, friend," he whispers. "I've some running left in me yet! I'll lead the thing a merry chase and come back 'round once I've worn it out and given you a chance to rest!"

He looks around quickly, getting his bearings, then splashes he way noisily to the opposite bank. Making sure to leave a deep print in the soft bank, he sprints noisily through the undergrowth. Once certain the owlbear is following he sets his stride at a ground eating lope, taking only moderate measures to conceal his movements. After a goodly while he makes his way back to the river and treks back downstream. Once he's sure pursuit is far enough away they'll have a chance to move stealthily he calls quietly, "Elurín! Come quickly now - I've given it the slip for now but we've got some traveling yet to do before we're out of the woods!"

[sblock=Skill Check]Endurance (1d20+7=17)[/sblock]

[sblock=Ruarc Sléibhín]Ruarc Sléibhín—Male Goliath Ranger 01
Initiative: +05, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 15, Fort: 13, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 6
HP: 26/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 08, Surges left: 06/06; Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers -
Hunter's Quarry
Throw & Stab
Twin Strike

Stone's Endurance
Plant to the Hilt

Sudden Strike

L4W Character Sheet
Obsidian Portal Character Sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads