• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ruarc busies himself collecting dry driftwood and stacking a fire. He laughs at the Tiefling's quip.

"No towels, sorry friend. Sun and wind will dry you. I have food if you need it, and fresh water to brew for tea. Elurín, are there herbs nearby that would be helpful for saltwater in the lungs?"

The huge man continues his work as the shipwrecked crew approaches, his axes hanging at back and belt.

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger

As he picks himself up off the beach Faustus growls softly, shakes off the cold water as best he can, and plucks a branch of seaweed from his horns. Then he heads inland and approaches the fire. "Faustus is the name, take it not in vain, or who knows what hell might break loose. ;) We would be most grateful for warm drink and a spot of food." The Tiefling's extremely deep and gravely voice has a quality that makes it almost seem to be coming up out of the ground, or from a listener's very bones. It is clear to Ruarc that Faustus takes full advantage of his appearance and other physical qualities, but he suspects that there is a soft and pliable underbelly perhaps not too far beneath the Tiefling's harsh, devilish exterior.

[sblock=Leif's favorite quote by an Avenger]"To AVENGE those who cannot AVENGE themselves!" - The Obsessed Avenger[/sblock]

Last edited:

HandofMystra

First Post
"Your accent sounds like you are not from around here." Nodding to the teifling. "We are miles from that many towels in one place, but in this part of the world things eventually dry in air and so will you. "I am Elurín. There are four of you here; did you come from a ship where are your companions?" Turning to the goliath. "I am a guardian of nature and have not yet learned the healing arts."

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger of Lauto

"Well met, Elurin, even though it should be under such dire circumstances. You see, the ship that we were passengers aboard just sank and we were forced to swim, since following it to the bottom of the sea didn't seem like a very good idea. The crew and the rest of the passengers apparently didn't see it that way, however, and they dutifully sank like stones. I, myself, am a servant of Lauto -- not a priest, but more of what you might call a punisher of the wicked." A mischievous expression comes over Faustus the Tiefling's face as he makes this last comment.

Last edited:

HandofMystra

First Post
The half-elf looks the avenger up and down: "I hope that our succor now will give us a least a warning if we are about to offend your god to the point you think it prudent to punish us."

Leif

Adventurer

The half-elf looks the avenger up and down: "I hope that our succor now will give us a least a warning if we are about to offend your god to the point you think it prudent to punish us."
Faustus just winks at Elurin. ;) "One can always hope, I suppose."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Scorpius sighs at the Tiefling's warm greetings to the strangers they now relied on.

"One could rest at ease." Scorpius said extending his hand. "We are her on a diplomatic mission, from Daunton."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ruarc extends a hand in response. "Let's get you taken care of, then we can talk about getting you where you're going."

He puts a pot of water on; once it starts to boil he drops some leaves in and a fresh herbal scent soon suffuses the air.

"This should ease the chill and prevent complications from ingestion or inhalation of the salt water."

[sblock=Nature Check]Herb Gathering (1d20+10=25)[/sblock]

HandofMystra

First Post
"One could rest at ease." Scorpius said extending his hand. "We are her on a diplomatic mission, from Daunton."
[sblock=OOC - Darth's response]If this is a consular ship, WHERE is the ambassador?[/sblock]
Elurín gets a sense that Faustus is not often plain-spoken, at least under these circumstances. He decides that he will be more probing later but that Faustus is not dangerous now.
"Daunton, where on the island is that?"

Leif

Adventurer

Faustus gives Elurin his most winning smile, elongated bicuspids and all. "I hope that I gave no offense, being shipwrecked spurs my inappropriate sense of humor, you see. Daunton is ..." *Faustus tells him where it is, Leif's not sure how to do that.

Remove ads