[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger of Lauto

Ruarc shakes his massive head in puzzlement at the talk of shifting islands. "Elurín and I are on our way to Restov, which is the closest thing approaching a city you'll find. Far as I'm concerned you're welcome to travel with us. Safety in numbers an' all that."
"I could stand to visit a city, I suppose, provided they have some talented brewers there. Mind if I tag along?"
Scorpius shakes his head at the tiefling. "That is why we were sent here, though circumstances have certainly altered immediate priorities."
"That may well be why you were sent here, but I think that my addition to the group had more to do with my ... ahh ... shall we say, other talents."

Scotley

Hero
Mari

Having restored her gear as best she can, Mari stands and takes up her spear. While she doesn't say anything her posture makes it clear she is ready to move on.

renau1g

First Post
The twinkling of the stars is visible and your eyes are likely beginning to grow heavy as the adrenaline has begun to wear off.

[sblock=ooc]
You were about to head to bed before the ship ran aground. Planning to rest? If so, are you taking watches? There's 6 of you so you can always have 2 on at a time [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Best we rest here for the night, I think . . . you've had quite a trial this past hour or so, and Elurín and I had put in a full day of travel before coming across your misfortune.

"If some of you need to rest I'm comfortable with first watch. Elurín might wish to join me as our day has not been too strenuous thus far."

Scotley

Hero
Mari

The heretofore silent woman suddenly speaks up in a rush. "I'm not sure I can sleep after that ordeal. I'll take first watch with you. I'm sure your friend would like the chance to chat with someone from a strange land to pass the time on his own watch. Surely Scorpius or Faustus would oblige him with tales of our lands." She looks meaningfully at her companions from the ship, obviously intent on not trusting these strangers to watch over them while they all sleep.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"As you wish, Lady. I'll happily hear tales of this Daunton from which you've sailed, and share stories of the River Kingdoms with you as well."

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger of Lauto

The heretofore silent woman suddenly speaks up in a rush. "I'm not sure I can sleep after that ordeal. I'll take first watch with you. I'm sure your friend would like the chance to chat with someone from a strange land to pass the time on his own watch. Surely Scorpius or Faustus would oblige him with tales of our lands." She looks meaningfully at her companions from the ship, obviously intent on not trusting these strangers to watch over them while they all sleep.
"As you wish, Lady. I'll happily hear tales of this Daunton from which you've sailed, and share stories of the River Kingdoms with you as well."
Faustus will find a comfortable seat near the fire. (He'll restrain himself and not sit directly in the fire this time.) ;) "I am anxious to hear these stories of the River Kingdoms. Please, regale me at your leisure."

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ruarc looks askance at the Faustus as he efficiently goes about setting up a camp on the beach. Once that's done he puts a pot on and tosses in whatever he can find from his pack and the rabbit he'd taken that day while on the road.

He then settles in and tells the others a little of their new home - basic geography aided with maps drawn in the sand, local dangers such as bandits and the wildlife, the little he's gleaned of the chaotic politics of the region, etc.

Shayuri

First Post
Ezmerelda spends a few minutes sitting at the fire with a comb made of bone, combing her hair. The endeavor seems entirely pointless...no sooner has she passed the comb through it each lock of hair resumes its strange, ethereal floating behavior...apparently completely unaffected by her attempt at grooming. Once Ruarc produces maps though, he has her full attention. In fact, she eagerly scoots over next to him to look them over. As she pores over the sheets of parchment and paper, the light green tone of her skin becomes murky, and changes to a pastel cerulean blue. Her hair seems to settle down from its floating...but then starts blowing fitfully around as if there was a gale force wind, but the air is calm. Ez appears to notice none of these changes, so intent is she on the images on the maps.

(OOC - Just changing manifestation from water to air, since we're ashore now :) And I decided Ez has a thing for maps.)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Scorpius sighs and shakes his head at his companions. There will be time for this later. We should be taking clear shifts. We know so little of these two. He stays up for a few minutes listening to a story and seeing the first map.

"I'll take second watch. You can catch me up in the road." He makes eye contact with Mari before heading to sleep.

OOC: Shay, have you submitted Ezmerelda yet? I dont see her on my list.

Remove ads