Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

CaBaNa

First Post
Zyr Iannez, very good, and your zkills? asks the Halfling as if he'd been the one Cyr had been addressing. And alzo one Kryath, zkillz include muzcle... Pleaze ztep thiz vay. The halfling indicates the door Cyr is holding open.

Inside the High Priest's office Rocco and Alissa take in their first impressions of the chamber. Eight high-backed chairs sit in a semi-circle in the center of the room, across from a massive desk. Behind the desk is a single ornate seat, which has apparently been rigged to spin, as that is what it does upon your entrance.

High Priest Belingras sits with his fingers steepled, a look of concern pressed deeply into his frowning face. The heavy burden of running the church had become much heavier in recent months. It seemed as if all manner of enemies had sprung up against Lauto. Never-the-less, High Priest Belingras raised out of his seat, and gestured with a sweeping hand for the adventurers to have a seat.

Last edited:

THushman

First Post
"I swear I can't make heads or tails of this place," Silphyus grumbled. He was only half aware when he walked into the Temple of Lauto, still looking over his map. He had heard it said that there might be some work available, and he knew if he wanted to continue his research he'd need to weigh down his coin purse.

Unfortunately the city map he had purchased proved to be of dubious quality, and so the warlock had spend the past several hours wandering in circles and invoking the Names of the First Seal, swearing revenge should he ever find the shifty gnome who had sold the accursed parchment to him.

He glanced up from his map and looked around, nodding slightly in approval.

"Better late than never, I suppose. Now according to this map the waiting room should be right...over...here..."

A few seconds later, after emerging from a broom closet, the deva crumpled up the map and scoured it with a pulse of eldritch energy, before managing his way into the waiting room.

OOC: I saw you guys needed a striker. Hopefully I'll be able to help out.

"By the power of Sky Lord, I help people preserve in the face of adversity. I have powers that limit the options of opposition and keep my allies safe."

Cyr let's the door close after Silphyus entered, nodding to yet another deva to enter this room. It seems today is sagnificant day or this quest is really worthy if so much angels congrate around it. Even if some have yet to learn value of patience.

Last edited:

thaco

First Post
"And good ta meet you too Cssyr" the dragonborn replied before going through the door.

Kryath will take the offered seat, looking up at the priest "Ssso what'sss the problem big guy?" he asks settling his large frame in the seat.

CaBaNa

First Post
"I swear I can't make heads or tails of this place," Silphyus grumbled. He was only half aware when he walked into the Temple of Lauto, still looking over his map. He had heard it said that there might be some work available, and he knew if he wanted to continue his research he'd need to weigh down his coin purse.

Unfortunately the city map he had purchased proved to be of dubious quality, and so the warlock had spend the past several hours wandering in circles and invoking the Names of the First Seal, swearing revenge should he ever find the shifty gnome who had sold the accursed parchment to him.

He glanced up from his map and looked around, nodding slightly in approval.

"Better late than never, I suppose. Now according to this map the waiting room should be right...over...here..."

A few seconds later, after emerging from a broom closet, the deva crumpled up the map and scoured it with a pulse of eldritch energy, before managing his way into the waiting room.

OOC: I saw you guys needed a striker. Hopefully I'll be able to help out.

The pompous Halfling gives a long appraising look over his glasses once again, Another Deva... Name and zkillz, then ztep thiz way.

"By the power of Sky Lord, I help people preserve in the face of problems. I have powers that limit the options of opposition and keep my allies safe."

Cyr let's the door close after Silphyus entered, nodding to yet another deva to enter this room. It seems today is sagnificant day or this quest is really worthy if so much angels congrate around it. Even if some have yet to learn value of patience.

Writing quickly in notation, the Halfling watches as Silphyus moves to enter, Tut tut, Deva or no, I muzt have name and zkillz for zee record. Zyr you may enter.

"And good ta meet you too Cssyr" the dragonborn replied before going through the door.

Kryath will take the offered seat, looking up at the priest "Ssso what'sss the problem big guy?" he asks settling his large frame in the seat.

The High Priest motions for Kryath to wait a moment, then looks toward the door, as Cyr and Silphyus enter. He again motions for everyone to take a seat, though if anyone decided to continue standng he doesn't take much notice.

First let me begin by thanking you all for responding to our notice. I am High Priest Belingras, the purpose for our meeting today is rather grave. The Halfling prances in like a show dog, and leaves the clipboard in front of Belingras. Ah, thank you. As I was saying, the priests, and acolytes have been whispering rumors, which I can only hope are fallacious. It seems one of our most holy of artifacts may have been absconded with. The disk of Obolus. Belingras makes a pause here, while he reviews the clipboard. As you can see, Belingras indicates the stacks of paperwork on his desk, I don't have much free time, other emergency have arisen in the past few months as well. As he speaks about the other incidents, Belingras looks suddenly much older, as if he'd aged just thinking about how many issues the temple was facing. I'd like to hire you adventure seekers as independent contractors, to investigate, and if the rumors are true, retrieve, the disk of Obolus.

[sblock=Streetwise/History 13]

The recent troubles had something to do with undead possibly raising throughout the city, or that's what the Screamer reported...

The disk of Obolus is the "coin" that enables the priests to raise the dead at the Temple of Lauto Daunton.

[sblock=Streetwise/History 17]

The disk of Obolus is a heavily guarded "coin", because the artifact allows the priests at the Temple of Lauto Daunton to raise the dead for free.

The recent issues have been from a priest, who had stolen a scepter, and attempted to raise the cities entire catacombs as an undead army. Considering that the catacombs are filled with the dead, and run almost the length and width of the city itself, it would have been quite a catastrophe.

It was rumored, at the climax of the foul ritual the priest was stopped, but his work was capitalized on by others.

[sblock=Streetwise/History 22 or higher]

The recent issues have been caused by the return of Zal'Ekthees a demon attempting to cross the threshold into godhood.

The priests have been having a difficult time raising individuals from the dead.

It is rumored the disk of Obolus was spirited away, during the climax of that foul ritual, which had attempted to raise the cities catacombs as undead.

[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

THushman

First Post
"I am Silphyus. student of the arcane and esoteric. I have read from the Scrolls of Niram-Syn and learned their ancient magicks. Eldritch power is mine to command, and even the cold light of the stars bends to my will."

The deva, tired from his wanderings, gladly accepted the seat.

"And if I am not mistaken, the Disk of Obolus possesses the power to revive the dead. I recall something about a priest with necromantic ambitions a while back, though he was defeated while performing a powerful spell. If the Disk has indeed been stolen, then such an ritual could theoretically be performed again..."

History;Streetwise (1d20+10=18, 1d20+2=5)

thaco

First Post
"Ssso this disssc is worth a lot to you. Ok I'm in. I'll crack a few skullsss and get people to talk. They alwaysss talk to me" Kryath says, with a toothy grin across his face.

[sblock=ooc]
1d20 2=19, 1d20 4=23 19 history and 23 streetwise... I hope I can roll this well to hit

I'll file this information away for later
[/sblock]

Remove ads