Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: Good News! A friend of mine is planning on joining the L4W fun. He'll be making a bard. Unless Alissa/Wynter returns before he makes the CS, he'll be filling your leader roll. I'll update either tomorrow or the next day moving the story along through the portal. (Sooner if RL permits.) If you want to do any last minute shopping and whatnot, do so before then.

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

I'm helping him to put the CS together friday, but I don't want to rush him too hard. Either way, he's making a bard, so your group should be set.

Off we go!

[/sblock]

Rocco pushed the marble cover roughly out of the way, the loud woosh of air rushing into a vacuum is heard. The marble slab crashes onto the floor, scaring Nerve mightily. The priest jumps up, and looks on in horror, thinking the slab broken. However the piece seems intact.

The portal swirls and sparkles for a moment, revealing a street scene, dilapidated buildings lining the road, crumbling. Vines climb the construction, and trees push out of windows.

Overgrowth, where the forest meets the city, and attempts to swallow it whole. As the party moves through the portal, each has the sensation of hand lifting them toward their destination, as if crowd surfing from the temple, to Overgrowth.

It appears the portal ended at a sewer entrance in Overgrowth, and the party emerges as if they had come out of the sewer. Children play in the street, dodging in and out of alleyways. Occasionally an adult can be seen in the windows. The afternoon sun casts a golden glow on the area.

A dwarf in red boots sits in front of one building, he seems to be asleep from first glance, but to the more perceptive he's just sitting very still. The dwarf is eyeing the group intently, and when it seems no one else will be emerging from the grate, the dwarf whistles to get the parties attention. Seeing he caught a few eyes, he gestures for the group to approach.

CMoss

First Post
Aurak gestures for the others to follow him as he marches towards the dwarf "Hello Master Dwarf, those are some mighty fine boots, if I do say so myself, what seems to be on your mind this day?" the dragonborn asks, leaning in close with a flash of sharp white teeth

ooc - 1d20 9=23

CaBaNa

First Post
The dwarf doesn't say anything, finishes his drink off in one pull, and enters into the house. Up above, in the windows of the building, several other dwarves, and what could be a few short humans, have crossbows trained on the party. Moments pass, and a grizzled human steps out, Welcome t'Overgrowth, Ribeye's ma name. Tis right odd what's been comin up outta that hole lately. Used ta be young men, tryin desperately t'look like they weren't apprenticed t'the priesthood. Good for business, quiet, paid in full... Ribeye gestures toward the sewer entrance with his club, If yer here fer trouble best to git on yer way, Red Boots don't put up wit no dragon-dung. Ribeye gives the group an appraising glance, Though if yer here ta get that hole workin proper like, the boss'll want a few words. Ribeye's red boots make a clacking noise as he steps to the door, holding his hand out for the group to enter. He holds his other hand to the side of his mouth, It's not an invitation... he says with a strange grin, as if he was hoping the party would attack him.

Last edited:

THushman

First Post
"Swindeled by a gnome, thrust into danger by halflings, and now kidnapped by dwarves...this day just keeps getting better."

Black whisps and eerie blue light dance upon the deva's hands as he reluctantly enters the building, taking care to watch his satchel.

"As much as I love your hospitality, let's try and keep this short."

thaco

First Post
Kryath bristles with anger, he is torn between blasting this dwarf into the realm of icy death and throttling Aurak for the other's seemingly careless blunder. With the deva's decision to enter the building, the sorcerer can only shake his head and follow. He looks down at the dwarf as he passes, "Thissss had better be worth it little one, elssse I'll be eating frozzzen dwarf for a long while" Kryath hisses as he walks by, following the deva inside.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=Dwarven]
Easy, mate, we're not your common acolytes to be pushed around and intimidated. And if you want your business to resume as usual you'll help us on our way. Otherwise you're business might just suffer little more then neccessary.
[/sblock]

Rocco follows the others, his hands on the belt holding weapons.

[sblock=Actions]
Ready action: draw axe and hammer on first sign of hostility.

Can anyone check for me: I'm sure I've read somewhere that dual wielders may draw BOTH weapons as single minor action...but I don't know where. Was that just a proposal?
[/sblock]

Deva's brow furrows at rude address, but the dragonborn did start overly aggressive. Still it wouldn't do to have potential allies hostile from the start.

"We're trying to help the temple re-establish normal behaviour. I believe it in your best interest to help us help them so that normal traffic of young men can continue. Will you help us?"

Being mostly ignored as dwarf already started inside, Cyr chides himself for waiting to speak for so long. Letting others speak without interruption may be polite, but it can be frustrating at times. He follows taking up the rear , leaving only Rocco to other dwarves

OOC: sorry, didn't see your post, neurotic...

Remove ads