Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I like how you described Rocco, jumping in the middle of the sentence with his questions. Now for the other part in which he calmly asks the priest to continue his description of the sacred tunnel :) Little unhinged, this Rocco, turns out to be, hey?
[/sblock]

Rocco, satisfied with his observations stops his nervous demeanor and stands up straight, standing calm and speaking calmer.

"And you find it strange that Guardian allowed priests to take it out? He's supposed to guard it from being stolen, not from being handled by priests of Lauto, no?

Would you be so kind and finish the description of sacred tunnel? And the area of Overgrowth it leads to? Thank you."

At first it seemed Nerve had overloaded, his mouth flapping, but nothing coming forth. It seems his brain finally catches up, and a stream of words pour out.
Well, um, it's supposed to stay in Lauto's possession. Er, no, I mean, if it was being taken to another temple, procedure, need be folllowed. Procedure, and protocol. Nerve falls on those two words like a starved man, feasting on steak. Protocol states, if for any non-emergency reason the Obolus is moved at least one member of the transport party must be ranked 1st class or above. Procedure dictates that a sign-out and in be produced and notarized as well. Neither of these have happened. dabbing and blotting his forehead, the priest continues to avoid Rocco.

[sblock=OOC]
Congrats on promotion!
[/sblock]

Deva watches with some consternation as dwarf badgers poor priest.
"Ease up, Rockslide. We'll find out whole story sooner if you stay quiet and LISTEN instead of talk.

Please continue, brother."

Then he watches again as dwarfs demeanor changes completely with some wonder thinking
"Wow, this one really is something to introduce change in this wary old soul. Fate knows."

Nerve settles slightly at Cyr's reassurance. As for the sacred tunnel, one person activates the power supply at the base of the altar, and a ritualist reawakens the portal. The tunnel links up with a random sewer grate in the Overgrowth. It doesn't take a particularly powerful ritualist either... They made the sequence easy, in case escaping with the Obolus fell to the apprentice priests. Nerve thinks back on the evening, I do recall hearing a mans voice, but didn't want to interrupt... the cheeks start warming up again, hue transitioning to pink and deepening every moment, Myri and Issia could have easily activated the sacred tunnel. Neither of them were a high enough rated priest to perform a ritual that could alter The Guardian, maybe the guy they invited could. Nerve's robes had obvious sweat stains forming, the wringing of his kerchief was producing more of the little puddles in his wake.

[sblock=OOC]

Alissa, and Silphyus need to make their presence known. I'm sending PM's currently.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

CMoss

First Post
Aurak leaned against the wall, his head spinning at the information and he looks back for the others, wondering what's taking them so long.

ooc - congratulations CaBaNa, that's really great news. If Alissa doesn't come back there's no healer... uh-oh. Aurak can heal twice per fight, but that's probably not good enough...Rocco can heal himself as a minor as well....

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

If Alissa and Silphyus don't respond within 24 hours of this post, I'll open recruitment again.

[/sblock]

THushman

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the tardiness, I've had some trouble with internet connectivity. No worries now.

Silphyus jumped slightly as he snapped back to reality. Rubbing his eyes and shaking his head he tried to calm himself. The vision had been particularly vivid and he swore he had heard a voice somewhere in his mind. Beads of sweat formed on his brow just as he heard the words...

"the Guardian is the creepy black thing that fills most of the room"

His eyes lit up like a child's when he discovers a new toy.

"Creepy black thing, you say? Interesting."

As he tried to recall what sort of entity this Guardian might be, Silphyus approached the altar in hopes of divining some clue about the nature of the ritual used.

OOC: I'll make two separate rolls. The first is an Arcana to try and get some information on the ritual for opening the portal.

1d20+8=16

OOC: The second will be an Arcana/Religion check to try and learn something about the Guardian

Arcana/Religion (1d20+8=26, 1d20+10=16)

CaBaNa

First Post
Silphyus remembers a detailed description of The Guardian, maybe in the Screamer, no wait, was it that book from the library, or, no matter. Silphyus remembers The Guardian being described as a large animated shadow, with a slightly humanoid shape in so much as it walked on two legs. The legs being thicker, sturdier tentacles really. Many armed and one minded was how the article described the shadowy creature, saying it's power came directly from the Land of Shadows.

[sblock=OOC]

No worries THushman, try to keep me informed if something similar happens. That way I don't accidentally give up your spot.

That leaves Alissa.

If she doesn't show would the party like to recruit their sixth member?

Also, that Arcana check, combined with Rocco's thievery, will open the portal.

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Several apprentice priests, evident by their youth, and obvious gawking peak into the room. Every few moments whispering back and forth.

[sblock=OOC]

Alright, I get the idea... ;)

If anyone would like to move forward, by all means, the portal can be activated anytime. Rocco and Silphyus took care of that.

Alternatively, if the party were to decide to head over into the Hanged Man, and recruit a leader, that would be fine as well.

If the party decides to "go for it" without the leader, I can give a few "bonus" healing potions before you head out of the Temple.

[/sblock]

THushman

First Post
After examining the altar for a moment, Silphyus reaches into his satchel and withdraws a small, faded blue book. Flipping through the pages, he finally finds what he's looking for and uses his finger as a guide while reading. He then snaps the books shut and re-examines the altar.

"Ah, I see. It functions on a three-dimensional concept of the universe. How quaint. Anyone with knowledge of the Black Angles could work this thing."

Addressing the whispering apprentices, he says "Your teachers should peruse the Mysterium Neferia sometime."

Finally he turns to his companions. "Well gentlemen, should we get going? I'd like to examine this Guardian-I mean find the Disk-as quickly as possible."

OOC: I'm in favor of going after the thieves, but I have no objection to picking up a leader if you guys want to.

Remove ads