• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Lord Byron’s Economic Woes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

renau1g

First Post
Kane tosses the sunrod into the middle of the room, waiting to see if it generates a response, if not, he'll move in.

[sblock=ooc]
Toss sunrod to E12-ish. If no enemy appears, move to E12 to see down left corridor. [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil moves behind the others, trying to stay near cover moves to the barrel.

[sblock=OOC] Stealth 1d20+6=16 and Perception 1d20+6=18 (not enough)
Move to F14 after Kane moves to E12.
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]This might be the last in the dark / maze encounter I give you guys. If it wasn't for me being home this week on account of Snotorious B.I.G., this would have been dreadfully slow. Would have worked well in a live session, just not in this format. My bad.[/sblock]Kane lead the way with Stang behind. As the sunrod illuminated the left passage, Stanng stepped in to investigate the second set of bones. But he stopped before reaching it, noticing two things: There were two more side passage ahead, and the bones weren't human; they were Kobold.

Mervin, Wil and Hergunna moved up to keep the group close together.
[sblock=Mechanics]
The inside of the mine is devoid of light sources.
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: K12 33/33 HS 10/10 AP 1
Mervin: I10 23/23 HS 7/7 AP 1
Hergunna: K11 36/36 HS 9/9 AP 1
Kane: H11 41/41 HS 10/10 AP 1
Stanng: I11 31/31 HS 10/10 AP 1

Enemies:
?
[/sblock][sblock=map]
Byron7-5.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Placeholder...
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I forgot to roll perception for that earlier thing Tenchuu put in a spoiler block...

Perception (1d20+10=30)

Ok, I'll go read it now. :)[/sblock]

"It sounds to me like the mouse squeaks are coming from the left passage of the room," Hergunna whispers to the group. "Um, yeah, down there where Stanng is... um, Stanng?"

renau1g

First Post
Kane hears Stanng's comments about the smaller bones and decides to go investigate, "I go find him" the bugbear whispers to Hergunna

[sblock=OOC]
Toss 'rod to E6, move to E6.

I tried a similar type of thing in my Crimelord game, same thoughts as you, good for RL, not as good for PbP. Ah well, I know I'm at least enjoying the tense-ness of it...I keep waiting for something to pop out of nowhere, like an 80's cheap slasher flick. Oh I miss those "good" movies.
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=PbP Maze...]Tenchuu don't worry, I haven't felt impatient or unduly delayed or anything. Though I think you're right, a little goes a long way... :)[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
As Kane moves to the tunnel crossing, he can hear the rat calls from both sides. And the rodent sounds are much louder standing there. Seeing the bones up close, it is definitely a kobold.

[sblock=Mechanics]
The inside of the mine is devoid of light sources.
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: F14 33/33 HS 10/10 AP 1
Mervin: E10 23/23 HS 7/7 AP 1
Hergunna: G11 36/36 HS 9/9 AP 1
Kane: E6 41/41 HS 10/10 AP 1
Stanng: E8 31/31 HS 10/10 AP 1

Enemies:
?
[/sblock][sblock=map]
Byron7-6.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Placeholder...
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
OOC: VERY nice solution on the tokens! I like that a lot!

OOC: So Kane's light source reveals both passages go about 10' and stop but he sees nothing else? Or does G6 reveal two more open hallways?

Mervin continues to move with the group, ready to blast any rodents that pop into view.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Agree with bob on the tokens. Very nice. I'll wait to hear back from Tenchuu on the distances of the passages before posting Kane's actions. That 20 square radius sunrod, not sure if even most modern electric lanterns would provide nearly this much light ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads