• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Lord Byron’s Economic Woes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=H.M.Gimlord]Hey, I just wanted to make clear that I don't have any hard feelings about your ruling, or any problem with abiding by it. Of course, I'm biased because naturally I want the most expansive interpretation for Hergunna's sake. :)

But I don't think this is a clear cut case by any means. I'll be curious to see if WotC eventually clarifies or revises it.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC/HM]Thanks for working this out guys. Also, thanks be to EN world for having judges, so I don't have to make that decision :p

Personally, I think the damage argument is the best support for the 50% option, but ultimately I just want to follow the rules, and I want you guys to have fun. And if a ruling here or by WotC comes back before the adventure is over, I wouldn't mind changing the effect of the power then. [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=ryryguy]
Hey, I just wanted to make clear that I don't have any hard feelings about your ruling, or any problem with abiding by it. Of course, I'm biased because naturally I want the most expansive interpretation for Hergunna's sake. :)

But I don't think this is a clear cut case by any means. I'll be curious to see if WotC eventually clarifies or revises it.

No hard feelings at all :cool:. Just tenacious curiosity :confused:. Plus it looks like my opinion is getting trounced in the discussion thread.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Got a message from LadyJane that she will be out for a few days for the Holiday, so I will NPC her character as needed, since we're not in a life-or-death, she-needs-to-be-here situation.
[/sblock]
With flurry of blood, the barbarian dropped two of the enemies, whose death wails shook the morale of the remaining Kobolds. "No! Stay Back!"

The rest of the adventurers pressed the fight, wounding the kobolds further. Tessa, last to act, conjured a cloud of whirling daggers around the skirmisher. As the cloud disappeated, blood drenched the creature, who looked barely alive.

The two kobolds hissed in pain and retreated, the skirmisher weakly saying, "Turn back or die!"

Inside the middle tent, a humaniod figure stirred, bound in ropes, with a burlap bag over its head.
[sblock=Mechanics]
NPC Tessa
Move: to G11
Standard: Cloud of Daggers=16 Hit
Damage: 7 to skirmisher

Skirmisher double move run + shift
Slinger double move run + shift
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando (12): C13 28/28 HS 10/10 AP 1
Tessa Tressd'n (3): G13 23/23 HS 7/7 AP 1
Hergunna (19): G12 31/31 HS 9/9 AP 1
Kane (12): C7 28/35 THP 3/3 HS 9/10 AP 0

Kobold Slinger (19) - D6 0/24 dead
Kobold Slinger (19) - J5 7/24 Bloodied
Kobold Skirmisher (19) - D8 0/27 dead
Kobold Skirmisher (19) - B6 1/27 Bloodied
Stormclaw Scorpion (19) - D7 0/32 dead
[/sblock][sblock=map]

[/sblock][sblock=OOC]
1. If it matters, Wil bloodied the skirmisher

2. Would you like to go for the Milestone and skip the rest period? I don't count skill challenges for the Milestone (because they can't cause damage, can't use up powers, and aren't harder after no rest). The barbarian looks pretty healed, but next encounter he would be out of an action point and most encounters, making him more normal. Up to you guys.

3. Also, make sure you agree with the status.

4. Welcome rastl74, a guy i've played with in other online games. He's going to be our fifth wheel. Time to ratchet up the difficulty. Mwa haha.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Surrender your weapons, fiends and you may live to beg for your lives another day!

[sblock=OOC] Intimidate check on the Skirmisher. 1d20+6=19 vs Will
It seems like we are definitely ready for another encounter even without a short rest, but do you mean extended rest? Since renau1g is the injured one I will let him decide. Wil gets no benefit from bloodying enemies for himself and only gives it to allies 5 squares away from him (does Hergennia qualify for that)
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Doh! Yes, I mean extended rest (at least, I do now). So, pretty much disregard everything I said, let Renau1g say yes, and we'll move on after a short rest.

I don't think Hergunna qualifies because you already used bardic virtue on Kane this round.

Skirmisher's hostile nature, plus the fact that it naturally flees when out numbered, grants a +10. While not impossible to intimidate, it would be darn hard.
[/sblock]
"Never!" The Skirmisher hissed as it ran, unswayed by Wil's forceful command.

The bound humanoid in the hut squirmed and made muffled sounds.

renau1g

First Post
"Hmmm...before we go a' chasing them through the forest lets see what present they left behind." Kane suggests

[sblock=ooc]
Definitely move forward without an extended rest. I figure re:AP's that if two ppl use it in fight 1, then two more in fight 2, when fight 3 rolls around the first two have AP's again so that way we're effectively spreading our resources around and not blowing it all in 1 fight. I'd prefer a short rest, if only to recharge the healing powers (1 HS should pump Kane back to full with the bard's song of rest) and let our new "ally" out of the bag
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Hergunna trots into the hut and takes a quick look around for any signs of a trap or other deception.

ooc: Insight, Perception: 16, 11 Assuming she sees nothing...

She pulls the bag off the prisoner's head. "All right, all right, that's better then... who might you be, and what happened here?"

[sblock=Vacationing]I'm also going to be out, heading to the airport in a couple of hours, gonna be in Hawaii until Tuesday night. (Yay!) I will definitely not be able to post through Friday. I'll try to check in on Saturday, but likely won't be able to post much if at all until Wednesday. If the DM or another player wants to run my character to keep things moving, that's fine with me.[/sblock]

*edit*[sblock=Beast Form] Oh yeah... if someone else is running Hergunna and she uses wild shape, check this next block for more information at that time...[sblock=Beast Form Spoiler]Hergunna's form wavers, then seems to melt. She falls forward onto all fours, her belly shrinking, her face lengthening, and a coat of alabaster hairs sprouting... and in the next moment, the woman is gone, and a lean white wolf stands in her place.

The beast shoots a look at Kane. "Don't you be getting any ideas now about taking this hide, bugbear..." she growls in a rougher, huskier version of Hergunna's voice. "My 'daft old lady warrior spirit' would be too much for you to handle!"[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Vacations]
I'll wait until at least 4 out of 5 players are back and ready to go. Next up is another skills challenge, so easy to NPC there, but I don't want you all to miss the role playing opportunity with the new guy (even though, sadly, DMG does not grant me the latitude to award EXP for it--I'll have to see if there is another way to encourage RPing that the judges will allow).[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads