• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Lord Byron’s Economic Woes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Egads!]Ouch, Kane!

I had planned to use Call of the Beast to keep the kobolds from getting combat advantage on you... perhaps I should have done that in the surprise round. :( Anyway, it still might be a good move to prevent them from getting that +2 to hit and extra skirmisher damage, but the downside is that they will be forced to attack you or else take damage from the effect. I guess as long as Wil heals you, you should be okay...

There are a variety of other moves I could make, the druid seems like an embarassment of tactical riches... I could drop chill wind on you, if it hits you you'd take 1d6 cold damage, but I could I think I could slide you to break the grab... and also possibly slide the scorpion into the cloud of daggers. Or I could charge the scorpion and try to hit with grasping claws, allowing me to slide it into the cloud of daggers... or, if I slide it away from you, does that break the grab? I think so!

Well I'll ponder a little bit before posting a move, if anyone has an opinion I'm listening.

Also Tenchuu looks like you mixed up the slinger and skirmisher stats, I assume the slingers are the ones with the slings and skirmishers the ones with the spears? :)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Tenchuu

DId Kane drop or bloody that slinger? If killed his Whirling Lunge would activate and he's get to shift 2 and deal 2d6 to a foe. If it bloodied a foe Kane can shift 2 squares as a free action and each enemy adjacent to you after the shift grants CA to you TENT
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Kane]I believe the cloud of daggers dropped it, but you might have bloodied it.

I will wait to act until that question is resolved, since it may change positions on the battlefield.[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil shouts I will free you to attack, Kane!

[sblock=OOC]I still think that they could have swarmed Kane wherever he is, it might be better if you are within 5 squares of me, since I can not only get nearby and heal, but also use Shout of Triumph to push (maybe all 3 of) them and slide you 3 in any case. I have an Immediate Interrupt too, but will save it for a nastier hit.

Can we go in any order or should I wait for the Druid?[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
You're right John I'll assume Kane is exactly where he wants to be (which he is, surrounded by enemies is great for the TWF barb!) As long as someone can keep him on his feet, he's happy stabbing and slashing stuff.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As the blood pours down, Kane actually begins laughing, "Thanks! Ya made my job easier, no need to chase you now" he taunts them.

He strains against the claws of the beast and forces them off with his tremendous strength. The scorpion immediately stabs at Kane with its dripping stinger but the barbarian sidesteps the attack. The bugbear grins widely and spins in a circle, his movements a blur of motion as the blade and axe combine to create a deadly cyclone of metal. The northern skirmisher dodges, but the other two aren't so lucky. The southern skirmisher's wounds are fierce from the blow and the bloodlust spurs Kane on as he sidesteps closer to the kobold.

With a roar he stabs the blade into the kobolds chest, impaling the spear-wielder and then slashes at the scorpion with his waraxe cracking the armoured carapace. His battlelust not satiated, Kane then steps on the fallen kobolds and again slams his axe into the scorpion, this attack breaking the carapace open and driving into the warm stuff underneath.

Standing with the blood of his enemies mixing with his own, Kane looks at the remaining foes, "Who's next!" and again laughs....

[sblock=ooc]
Move: Try to break grab - Athletics (1d20 9=26) broken, but activates the scorpions attack - 1d20+6=10, 1d4+3=4misses
Standard: Whirling Frenzy - Close Burst 1 - vs ac (skirmisher 1, skirmisher 2, Scorpion); damage (1d20 9=12, 1d20 9=20, 1d20 9=23, 1d12 2d6 6=19) Hits Skirmisher 2 and scorpion for 19 damage each. This bloodies the skirmisher, Kane then shifts to C8 gains CA against skirmisher 2 and scorpion.
Minor: Predatory Eye - If you have CA against a target, deal +1d6 damage on the next attack against the target.
AP: Whirling Rend on skirmisher 2 - vs ac(skirmisher 2); damage (1d20 11=24, 1d12 6=17, 1d6=6) Hits for 23 more damage, dropping it, scorpion takes dmg (2d6=8)
Free - Whirling Lunge - Shift to D8 - deal damage (2d6=5) mroe damage to scorpion.

So in summary - 42 damage to skirmisher 2, scorpion takes 32 damage and are both dead!
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Kane Male Bugbear Barbarian 2
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Low-light
AC:19, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:12
HP:15/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Howl of Fury
Whirling Rend

Predatory Eye
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Shrug it Off

Swift Panther Rage

Important Stuff:
+1d8 damage when charging. Cool stuff happens when he bloodies or kills a bad guy

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:pC:Kane (renau1g - ENWiki) [/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Kane]Wow, very impressive!

Except... I think you forgot about the scorpion's reactive sting which triggers when you escape. If it hits it will immobilize you, which could put a crimp in some of your actions perhaps? Or maybe doesn't make too much of a difference, you'd just lose CA for the second attack?

I think Wil can grant you temp hp as a result of your attacks too.

I'll assume the outcome is more or less the same and take my turn.[/sblock]
Hergunna watches the bugbear's explosion of violence, smiles, and clicks her tongue. Quite strong, that one! she muses. But seems a bit impatient. Could be trouble - for both him and his foes...

Moving in an easy, graceful lope that belies her bulk, the druid lopes across the clearing to take cover behind a tree. She takes careful aim at the hostile slinger, and tosses another flame in his direction. It unfolds into another raptor which dives down on its prey, scoring a vicious hit, leaving a trail of blood and fire across the lizardling's face.

"Bullseye!" Hergunna chortles. The hawk orbits the kobold's head just out of reach, waiting for another chance to strike.

[sblock=Actions]Move: to J9. (Not totally sure of the terrain here, trying to get cover... adjust as necessary)
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on kobold slinger.
Standard: Fire Hawk vs. Slinger (with Hunter's Quarry) (1d20+4=22, 1d8+4+1d6=17) Almost max damage, yeah! I can attack again with the hawk if the slinger does something that draws an opportunity attack, like, for example, using its sling. :devil:[/sblock]
[sblock=Hergunna stat block]Hergunna- Female Human Druid 1
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:15, Will:16 -- Speed:7
HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +3
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers: Fire Hawk, Call of the Beast, Chill Wind, Savage Rend, Wild Shape, Thorn Spray, Summon Pack Wolf, Hunter's Quarry
[/sblock]

LadyJane

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I looked it up, it is 1 square not a burst, I guess it has been a while since I played...

Did Kane defeat 2 of the three remaining foes? if not could I get a repost of the map and enemy positions?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads