Adventure: Lord Byron’s Economic Woes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil looks over the bugbear, astonished at his size and weaponry. I am indeed! Though I have yet to catch a great white wolf with my bow. Truly I can quietly approach a beast and strike it from afar with accuracy. Though the stags of the hunting gardens are only prey, but to catch a predator is something else. I am Wil Rando and this is Tessa (nodding towards the woman with him) and Lord Byron our employer.

[sblock=OOC] Hey, I have purple! At least BOLD purple. How about you switch to the Red of blood? I wish I knew more about hunting, but some small talk would show Wil is trained in it.

Tactics - With jinx shot I can get some prone opponents, and with Shout of Triumph and my 2 Majestic Words I can push enemies and slide allies. Unfortunately I don't have much in melee range...
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Hergunna scowls at the bugbear as he pushes past her, but says nothing. She approaches the group's table shortly after the half-elf and bugbear begin their conversation, glancing at each in turn. She addresses Lord Byron. "Obviously, you're the one with the cash, and I doubt you're here for the food. So are you hiring? What's the job?"

LadyJane

First Post
Tessa looked up at the older woman entering the bar and nodded to herself that the place was a dump, not noticing the dragon's head on the wall (surprisingly) her eyes snapped up and widened at that but she tried to not draw attention to her surprise. She thought the rugged woman to be very unpolished but perhaps that could lend itself to better aid in thier journey.

When Tessa noticed the bugbear she would sink in her chair and draw her mug to her lips timidly, hoping the large bestial creature chose not to sit next to her even though he looked like he could do more than his share in a confrontation.

"Gonna be a long night..." she whispered softly to herself.

When Tessa sees the bugbear join them tho her face resumes its somber tranquility, consigned to his likely recruitment. She would nod up at the bugbear at the mention of her name.

[sblock=OOC]I am totally not sold on the sandy brown you are more than welcome to use it, ill use the light green instead, it may be similar to Lord Byrons but since he's an NPC and not a PC it should be fair.

(Also Im partially colorblind so I may be playing around with diff colors with characters until I get a look or feedback to settle and may be called on similarities.)[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Character sheet]Ok, I finished the summary section and background for Hergunna... still have to fill out all the "math" crap before submitting her though. :(

Link in my sig.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Wil looks over the bugbear, astonished at his size and weaponry. I am indeed! Though I have yet to catch a great white wolf with my bow. Truly I can quietly approach a beast and strike it from afar with accuracy. Though the stags of the hunting gardens are only prey, but to catch a predator is something else. I am Wil Rando and this is Tessa (nodding towards the woman with him) and Lord Byron our employer.

[sblock=OOC] Hey, I have purple! At least BOLD purple. How about you switch to the Red of blood? I wish I knew more about hunting, but some small talk would show Wil is trained in it.

Tactics - With jinx shot I can get some prone opponents, and with Shout of Triumph and my 2 Majestic Words I can push enemies and slide allies. Unfortunately I don't have much in melee range...
[/sblock]

"Ah Lord Byron, it is good to meet you. I will work for you too if you need someone else. I am Kane" the bugbear says, then turns to the half-elf"Our tribe requires you to hunt a hunter to prove your skill and bravery to those of the tribe. I met this creature far away and it nearly overcame me. In its honour I wear the pelt to protect myself with its warrior spirit."

[sblock=ooc]
Thanks LadyJane, if you want the brown I can switch to red as well.

tactics - well mine are pretty simple. Get to melee and kill them. Charge in to start (+1d8 from Vanguard weapon). Hopefully lots of badguys around to either Whirling attacks or a Blast on them. Can't wait to see how he plays out, but essentially a whirlwind of death. Also pretty good defenses over other barbs.
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Excellent! Two more adventurers. To the rule of four!" Lord Byron says, finishing his pint.

"A would be happy to employ you both,"
he continued, "An island of mine went missing some months ago. It has returned, but the work camp appeared abandoned. I sent a trade vessel to pick up the mined materials, but no one worked the dock, and they were too scared to investigate themselves, fearing pirates."

Lord Byron frowned a bit. "It is hard to find good help these days. I trust your resolve is stronger than those sailors. If you all agree, I shall hire a boat this day to deliver us by tomorrow morning. I am eager to resume profitable business."

[sblock=ooc]
Just sparking some final conversation to get your characters signed on. I'll still make another post tomorrow morning getting to the adventure.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
"Excellent, I have only provisions for five days of travel but that should suffice in your company. The time will pass quickly with a little music" Wil grabs the flute from his side when they leave the tavern.

[sblock=OOC]Too bad we are traveling by boat or I could use my free daily Traveler's Chant[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Ah you are a hunter and music-maker? We had ones like back home, we called them Skalds. Aye, it will be a fun trip. Now Lord Byron, I mighta missed this part, but how much you pay us for our helps? Oh and you say the island went missing? You think the magicks involved? I am not afraid of hidding islands or their magicks, but just want to know" Kane says.

LadyJane

First Post
Tessa gives a friendly smile at the Bugbear, turning to offer a seat with a gesture for the older woman, smiling up at her as well although Tessa's eyes looked distant and sunken. She nodded at Lord Byron's words her eyes widening as if she was considering...

"What magics could make an island dissapear? What could've 'appened to e'eryone? Powerful forces are at work 'ere... Good thing ye 'ave a Wizardess on yer employ!" She would say looking at Lord Byron but it seemed meant for the entire table.

[Sblock=OOC]This is Tessa's new stat block I got a lot of her stats and defenses fixed and found out the Insight DC is 5 higher

Human Wizard 1
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 19 AC 14, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 15 HP 23/23, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 7/7 Temporary Hit Points: 0, Speed 6, Initiative +0, Action Points: 1
Cloud of Daggers, Thunderwave
Orb of Incendiary Detonation
Sleep
Spellbook: Phantom Chasm
Melee Basic: +0, 1d4+0 Power Bonus: +4 (Int)

Something about this gal is a bit...off. (Opposed Insight vs my Bluff+5 to determine what, passive DC is 23) [/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
"Ah Lord Byron, it is good to meet you. I will work for you too if you need someone else. I am Kane" the bugbear says.

Hergunna turn a sharp eye on the bugbear. "Ohhhh, so you can speak!" she says, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "When you shoved me without so much as an 'excuse me', I thought you might be a mute."

"Our tribe requires you to hunt a hunter to prove your skill and bravery to those of the tribe. I met this creature far away and it nearly overcame me. In its honour I wear the pelt to protect myself with its warrior spirit."

Hergunna listens with furrowed brow as Kane describes how and why he acquired his wolf pelt. She seems about to comment, but bites her tongue.

Tessa gives a friendly smile at the Bugbear, turning to offer a seat with a gesture for the older woman, smiling up at her as well although Tessa's eyes looked distant and sunken.

The large woman smiles back. "Thanks, dearie." She shifts a crossbow strapped to her back, moving it out of the way, and sits down. The chair groans softly.

[sblock=ooc/Insight]Glad you corrected your bluff bonus, Hergunna's passive insight would have beaten the DC you originally listed. But be careful, if you give her reason to make an active check, she'll have a decent chance to beat it! ;)[/sblock]

"A would be happy to employ you both,"
he continued, "An island of mine went missing some months ago. It has returned, but the work camp appeared abandoned. I sent a trade vessel to pick up the mined materials, but no one worked the dock, and they were too scared to investigate themselves, fearing pirates."

Lord Byron frowned a bit. "It is hard to find good help these days. I trust your resolve is stronger than those sailors. If you all agree, I shall hire a boat this day to deliver us by tomorrow morning. I am eager to resume profitable business."

"Well Lord Byron, I'm interested in the job. I'll have no love for any who might harm the land - if by hiding it, they indeed did it harm. But I'm also in need of coin. What are you offering? For my part, I'm skilled as a tracker, not too shabby as a hunter. I'm much faster than I look and can hold my own in a fight."

Remove ads