• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Lord Byron’s Economic Woes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
The dragonshield resists cold... but it would be nice to save the encounter if possible.
Gah! Totally missed that. Yeah - may need to blow the encounter then, if nothing else just to lower the enemies' amazing damage output. The skyblade in particular is destroying us with that 5 ongoing stuff. Sorry I couldn't get 'em with winged horde. :([/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Bah, I'm wracked with indecision... tempted to just use call of the beast to try to deny the skyblade combat advantage, which would allow Hergunna to also drink a healing potion this round. But if call of the beast misses, that will be really bad news. So probably better to try to hit both with the encounter, even if one misses, the other should die and the skyblade might not be able to get CA anyway.

On the downside, this means Hergunna will probably not be attacking next round (taking second wind).[/sblock]

Hergunna reels under the kobold's fierce attacks. Kane and Mervin come to her relief, knocking both foes to the ground. She clutches the wound in her belly, trying to hold it closed. Ignoring the dragon for the moment, she tries to press the advantage against the downed opponents, shifting into wolf form and lashing out in a whirlwind of teeth. She rips out the dragonshield's throat before it can interpose its shield, then races around and clamps down on the skyblade's face. Its horrified shrieks end abruptly as the wolf tosses her head and snaps its neck.

"Thanks Kane... I'll be right back after I catch my breath," the wolf pants as she lopes back around the corner of the wall, leaving a smear of blood from her still open wound.

[sblock=ooc]
Take 5 ongoing.
Minor: shift to wolf.
Standard: Predator's Flurry vs. Dragonshield, Slyblade (1d20+6=23, 1d6+5=10, 1d20+6=21, 1d20+5=21) Two hits, yeah! Oops, screwed up the second damage roll... if bob counted their hp right, it doesn't matter, but just in case: damage reroll (1d6+5=8)
Move: to -K2
End of Turn: save vs ongoing (1d20=5) Oh well.[/sblock]
[sblock=Hergunna stat block]Hergunna- Female Human Druid 2
Wolf Form
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:17 -- Speed:7
HP:12/41, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:8/9
Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers: Thorn Whip, Call of the Beast, Chill Wind,
Savage Rend, Wild Shape,
Thorn Spray, Summon Pack Wolf, Resist Energy,
Predator's Flurry, Hunter's Quarry, Death Fang Totem
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
"Impressive." The dragon said, not yet concerned for its own safety, or at least now showing it outwardly. "Will you let them just kill your companions like that, Kobold?"

"Great Lord, you mussst help me!" The dragonshield pleaded.

"Hmph," snorted the dragon, frost billowing from its nostrils, "Show me you are worthy."

The remaining kobold readied and charged, rushing forward toward Hergunna. With a thud it slammed its shield into Hergunna and then slipped the short sword in through her guard. Retracting the blade, the kobold stepped back, the druid's blood covering the shield face. With a grin, is retreated back toward the dragon. "Sssseee, my lord! I offer you more human blood!"

"Very well; I am hungry." The dragon flapped its wings furiously and flew up toward the group of humans. As it landed, it leaned forward, opening its massive jaws, and bellowing a huge roar. However, the Bard's Jinx caused the sound to have a high pitch at the end, almost like the dragon was asking a very loud question. As a result, it did not have the desired effect, and the creature fell flat on its face.

[sblock=Ice Hazard]
OKay... so since the OA once per turn seems to make this thing no longer impossible, going back to the original trap. I'd say the fire spell would melt the ice in that area +1, but with my DM insight, I would save the encounter power for the battle ahead.

Treacherous Ice Sheet Level 5 Obstacle

A slick sheet of ice creates a hazardous obstacle.
Hazard: This sheet of ice fills 10 contiguous squares, turning them into difficult terrain.
Perception
No check is necessary to notice the ice.
Additional Skill: Nature DC 22: The character identifies the squares of treacherous ice.
Trigger
The ice attacks when a creature enters or begins its turn in a square of treacherous ice. It also attacks when a creature stands up from prone in a square of treacherous ice.
Attack
Opportunity Action Melee
Target: Creature on the ice
Attack: +8 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6+2 damage and fall prone. If the creature is already prone, no damage but its turn ends immediately.
Countermeasures
With a DC 27 Acrobatic check and a move action, a character can move into a square of treacherous ice without risk of falling. If the check fails or the character move more than 1 square, the ice attacks.
[/sblock][sblock=Mechanics]
Dragonshield
Standard: Charge Hergunna (to -N2 to -M2 to -L2)
Attack: 1D20 + 7 => 25 Hit
Damage: 1D6 + 3 => 8
Minor: Shift to -M2
Move: -M2 to -N1 to -O0 to -O-1 to -O-2 to -O-3

Dragon
Recharge Breath: 1D6 => 2 Fail
Move: to -O0:-N1
Standard: Frightful Presence
Attack Hergunna: 1D20 + 4 => 16
Attack Captive: 1D20 + 4 => 11
Attack Wil: 1D20 + 4 => 12
Attack Mervin: 1D20 + 4 => 13
4 Misses
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: -K4 31/38 HS 7/10 AP 0 MW 1/2,
Mervin: -J4 9/27 THP 0/4 HS 2/7 AP 0, Bloodied
Hergunna: -K2 4/41 HS 8/9 AP 0, 5 ongoing damage, Bloodied
Kane: -G0 27/47 THP 4/4 HS 5/10 AP 0, Bloodied
Stanng: [Miner Hut] 28/31 THP 0/3 HS 7/10 AP 1

Captive Human: -K3 1/1

Enemies:
Kobold Dragonshield: -O-3 18/36,Bloodied
Young White Dragon: -O0:-N1 141/200, Prone,

Kobold Dragonshield Axe: dead
Kobold Slyblade: -J3
dead
Kobold Minion: -L3 0/1 DEAD
Kobold Minion: -L0 0/1 DEAD
Kobold Slyblade: -L-2
0/42 DEAD
Kobold Wyrmpriest: -K-4
0/36 DEAD
Kobold Minion: -L3 0/1 DEAD
Kobold Minion: -J3 0
1/1 DEAD
[/sblock][sblock=map]
http://www.nexusnine.net/images/L4E/Byron9-6.png
Byron9-6.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Kobold Dragonshield
HP 36; Bloodied 18
AC 18; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 13
Resist 5 Cold
Speed 5
Short Sword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+7 vs AC; 1d6+3 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the kobold dragonshield's next turn.
Dragonshield Tactics (immediate reaction, when an adjacent enemy shifts away or an enemy moves adjacent; at-will)
The kobold dragonshield shifts 1 square.
Mob Attack
+1 to hit and damage for each other identical creatures attacking the same opponent
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The kobold shifts 1 square as a minor action.

Young White Dragon
Initiative +1 Senses Perception +7; darkvision
HP 200; Bloodied 100; see also bloodied breath
AC 18; Fortitude 20, Refl ex 16, Will 17
Resist 15 cold
Saving Throws +5
Speed 6 (ice walk), fl y 6 (hover), overland fl ight 10
Action Points 2
Bite (standard; at-will) ✦ Cold
Reach 2; +6 vs. AC; 1d8 + 4 plus 1d6 cold damage (plus an extra
1d6 cold damage on a successful opportunity attack).
Claw (standard; at-will)
Reach 2; +6 vs. AC; 1d8 + 4 damage.
Dragon’s Fury (standard; at-will)
The dragon makes two claw attacks. If the dragon hits a single
target with both claws, it makes a bite attack against the same
target.
Breath Weapon (standard; recharge ⚄ ⚅ ) ✦ Cold
Close blast 5; +4 vs. Refl ex; 3d6 + 4 cold damage, and the target
is slowed and weakened (save ends both).
Bloodied Breath (free, when first bloodied; encounter) ✦ Cold
The dragon’s breath weapon recharges, and the dragon uses it
immediately.
Frightful Presence (standard; encounter) ✦ Fear
Close burst 5; targets enemies; +4 vs. Will; the target is stunned
until the end of the dragon’s next turn. Aftereff ect: The target
takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends).
Alignment Evil Languages Draconic
Skills Athletics +15
[/sblock][sblock=Wiki Character Sheets]So, what's the latest on this? I don't keep up with the rest of the forum. [/sblock][sblock=Push]It's not worth a retcon, but Kane's push on the slyblade was not legal. Please try to be a little more careful next time.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Dragonshield]The dragonshield cannot shift or move after charging. Charging ends its turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hergunna going down]Hergunna is going down if she does not get a heal before her turn. I don't know if Wil has any majestic words left, if not a heal check to activate her second wind would be appreciated.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Well that enemy round was fortuitous, ongoing 5 damage notwithstanding. Mervin has crap for crap re: healing, but I'm happy to try a heal check on Hergunna as other PCs are far more effective. What do folks think? What's the DC on that - 10? I gotta 2, but my at-wills aren't going to do much useful. The best I can do is slide one of those enemies closer to the other so that someone else can AoE them, but I'm sure Kane just breathing can do more damage than my level 2 dude.

Shall we continue to eliminate the little guys first, then?[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Can you see the map now? My usually habit is post without the map, edit to revise any mistakes, and add the map link with that edit. So for the first 4-5 minutes after I make the post, the map tends to be missing.

re: push - You're right. I take it back. I think when I moving the pieces around the map, I moved Kane to -G1 instead of -G2. Sorry about that.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil's grin slips for a minute as the dragon roars, but he regains his composure. Hold on, Hergunna! He calls over his shoulder before facing the wyrm. So, you are not just a beast, but the mastermind too? I will still hunt you down. He draws his bow and focuses, two shots go out towards the creature. They strike with deadly efficiency. Wil shouts something in Draconic.

[sblock=Draconic] Face me wyrm! [/sblock]

As Kane charges the dragon, Wil fires his bow as a distraction. The arrow makes a sound almost like a scream as it strikes the dragon and opens it up to Kane's attack. An aura of arcane energy surrounds the bard and the dragon can't seem to see him.

[sblock=OOC]
Minor: last Majestic Word on Hergunna heals HS+6 damage and she can shift 1
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on the dragon
Standard: Twin Strike on the dragon 1d20+9-2=19 and 1d20+9-2=26 hits AC twice for 1d10+1=8 and 1d10+1=10 and 1d6=5 total of 23 damage!

Was going to use the Songbow to vanish, but it is only for Bard powers. Whoops, am I exposed! But Kane helps out...

Immediate Interrupt: Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade when Kane misses, 1d20+9-2=21 (vs Dragon Reflex) for 1d10+6=16 damage and The dragon takes a -4 to all defenses against the triggering ally's attack (Kane)
Free action: Songbow of Vanishment, Trigger: You hit an enemy with a bard power using this weapon. Effect: You're invisible to that enemy until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Invisible to dragon until the end of my next turn
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:16 Insight: 14
AC: 17 NAD:14/13/17
HP: 31/38 Surges: 7/10 Surge Value: 8 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:13 Wis:11 Con:16 Int:10 Cha:20

Powers:
Jinx Shot
Cutting Words
Second Wind
Shout of Triumph (used)