• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Lord Byron’s Economic Woes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Vanguard]
Yeah it's a really weird power that requires a minor to activate, but after a charge you can't take actions... it really should be either a free action or something. I believe you are correct that it should be declared before you attack, therefore having a failure risk. It's not really a big deal if I screwed it up, it'd be my bad for not understanding my own powers.

Minor Action. Use this power when you make a charge attack. If you hit with your charge attack, all allies within 10 squares of you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls and gain your Charisma bonus as a bonus to damage rolls until the start of your next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Replacement PC]
So for a defender, Kruk the dwarven warrior should be available if we'd like to ask him, Raiyek the paladin may be tied up in a new adventure. The shaman and halfling's players are having trouble connecting right now, but at least we may be able to grab a defender. Also, WD's level 4 Runepriest is in the tavern. Perhaps a PM to him as well? I can take care of if you'd like [/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Vanguard]
Yeah it's a really weird power that requires a minor to activate, but after a charge you can't take actions... it really should be either a free action or something. I believe you are correct that it should be declared before you attack, therefore having a failure risk. It's not really a big deal if I screwed it up, it'd be my bad for not understanding my own powers.

Minor Action. Use this power when you make a charge attack. If you hit with your charge attack, all allies within 10 squares of you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls and gain your Charisma bonus as a bonus to damage rolls until the start of your next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Replacement PC]
So for a defender, Kruk the dwarven warrior should be available if we'd like to ask him, Raiyek the paladin may be tied up in a new adventure. The shaman and halfling's players are having trouble connecting right now, but at least we may be able to grab a defender. Also, WD's level 4 Runepriest is in the tavern. Perhaps a PM to him as well? I can take care of if you'd like [/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
Woohoo! At least I was right about a rules issue. :) I say let it stand, and maybe it is just easier to play it as you did. Otherwise, you'd really need to have a player post first to spend the minor, and then post again with the standard; that'd be the only way to enforce the minor coming first, and that's kind of a pain in the butt.

As for the replace, if you can reach out to them, I would appreciate it.

Update on Medical: Family Member still in the hospital, but its just running a bunch of tests now, and hopefully she'll come home today. Looks like crisis was averted.
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=RL]Hope everything is ok, Tenchuu.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]So I am guessing the dragon is not actually prone?[/sblock]
[sblock=tactics]Well I have my area attack if Kane ends up getting out of there, or I can shoot one of them, or I can use winged horde if Kane would like to just move around. I still feel like dropping the dragonshield should still be a priority.[/sblock]
[sblock=future planning]Yeah I just told Tenchuu that while I like the group, being 1-2 levels behind is really noticeable. I think I have a better understanding of why the DMG suggests always keeping everyone at the same level! :)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kane smiles as he sees the dragon in a vulnerable spot, Haha, ok maybe Kane leave now...not" the bugbear says, laughing at his terrible joke, bringing down his sword on the dragon's flank, just penetrating the tough scales. Simultaneously, he slashes at the kobold with his axe, catching the dragonshield with the weapon.

With his enemies wounded, Kane steps nimbly away from them and sees Mervin ready to blast them "C'mon magicman! They all yours!" Kane calls out

[sblock=ooc]
*Delay until after everyone but Mervin so people can get the +1 to hit & +1 to dmg (Figured this way Mervin can blast them once Kane gets out of the way?)

Minor: Predatory Eye - +1d6 damage TENT when attacking with CA
Standard: Whirling Rend - vs ac; dmg; pred. eye (1d20+12=18, 1d12+12=15, 1d6=1) hits dragon for 17 and does off-hand (2d6+6=13) 13 to the dragonshield (on the dice rolls I forgot the +4 damage from raging
Move: Shift to -M-1 (can shift 2 as a result of the rage)

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Kane Male Bugbear Barbarian 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light
AC:20, Fort:19, Reflex:18, Will:14
HP:27/47+4thp, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:4/10
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Howl of Fury
Whirling Rend

Predatory Eye
Hunter's Quarry (Ranger MC)
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Brutal Slam
Shrug it Off

Swift Panther Rage
Vanguard Weapon

Important Stuff:
+1d8 damage when charging. Cool stuff happens when he bloodies or kills a bad guy

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:CS:Kane - L4W Wiki [/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Ok I am going after Kane - I assume this will also be after the others as well, but I'll go ahead, since I doubt they will influence my action. Just don't move the wolf near the dragonshield so he can't shift away. :)[/sblock]
Mervin sees the bugbear duck out of the way and then quickly tosses an orb of magic fire right into the wall where he was standing. It explodes violently and slams into the two enemies. The dragonshield is blown back off his feet and dies before his body hits the floor. The dragon is also hit particularly hard and slammed off its feet and onto its back. It cries out in pain as the orb explodes and covers the area in fire.

Mervin takes a step back and checks his companions as well as the young woman. "As I said, just another moment now," he says to her, smiling wide even while blood covers his face.
[sblock=ooc]standard: orbmaster's inc. det. on -O-1: hits both - 23 vs. ref on dragonshield and natural 20 on dragon! The dragonshield takes 11+2 (hit 2) damage = 13 damage which definitely kills it after Kane's hit.
The dragon takes 14 (max) + 2 (hit 2) + 8 crit damage (staff) = 24 force damage, and is prone, and is in an area of fire; when the dragon starts its turn it will take 2 fire damage

move: shift to -F0

minor: none

Well that was a much better round! :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Mervin ministats]Mervin Male Human Wizard 2
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17, Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:13, Reflex:17, Will:15
HP:9/27, THP: 0 Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:2/7
Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 0/-/1
Powers:
Phantom Bolt
Winged Horde
Thunderwave
(Wizard cantrips)

Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere

Important Stuff:

Conditions:

Full sheet: Mervin
Temporary backup: Mervin[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil sees the bugbear dodge the breath and two attacks with awe. Hoping the dragon still does not see him, he fires a hunter's arrow at the creature. It strikes the wyrm in the leg for a nasty wound. Ah hah, so you will bleed just like any other beast. The bard sings before retreating a bit.

After Kane attacks and Mervin drops his flaming orb, Wil cheers. Great shot wizard!

[sblock=OOC] The quarry lasts until the end of this round. Good thing I am going before Mervin :)
Standard: Jinx Shot 1d20+9+1+2=31 vs Dragon AC for 1d10+6+1+1d6=21 damage and falls prone if misses before my next turn.
Move: Walk to -H4
Immediate Interrupt: Virtue of Valor on Mervin for 4 temp hp
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:16 Insight: 14
AC: 17 NAD:14/13/17
HP: 31/38 Surges: 7/10 Surge Value: 8 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:13 Wis:11 Con:16 Int:10 Cha:20

Powers:
Jinx Shot
Cutting Words
Second Wind
Shout of Triumph (used)
Twin Strike (used)
Hunter's Quarry (used)
Majestic Word (used twice)
Words of Friendship
Moment of Escape
Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade (used)
Arrow of Warning (used)
Songbow of Vanishment (used)

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=evilbob]I think we all feel underpowered next to Kane, especially us controllers! but I can see how the level difference would push it over the edge. Good luck with Mervin in future adventures![/sblock]

[sblock=Flanking with the Wolf]Just a tactical note, if the wolf attacks with combat advantage, it will knock the target prone on a hit, so if you can keep in a flanking position with it, it's helpful. (In this case Mervin has already knocked it prone so it's moot. :))[/sblock]

[sblock=vangard weapon power]To avoid having to post twice when using the power, you could just put "charge attack Bla Bla (with vanguard power activated)" in the die roller text.[/sblock]

Hergunna scoffs at the dragon's "generous offer". Ignoring the blood still streaming from her wound, she calls out, "We'll be leaving with our lives all right, but only after we end yours. You'll not get away to kill more people!" She studies the dragon closely as she tries to catch her breath, looking for a vulnerable spot, and directs the wolf in for the kill. It snaps at the prone beast's exposed belly, tearing flesh and scales.

[sblock=Actions]Take 5 ongoing damage. (10 hp)
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on dragon.
Standard: Second wind for +10 hp (now at 20) and +2 defenses TENT.
Instinctive action from Wolf: Pack Wolf vs. dragon (w/CA, Hunter's Quarry) (1d20+6+2=18, 1d6+5+1d6=15)
Sweet, an actual good damage roll! Feels like the first one Hergunna's gotten the whole adventure! ;)
60 total damage to the dragon I think? Pretty good without the striker contributing!
End of turn: Save vs Ongoing (1d20=15)[/sblock]
[sblock=Hergunna stat block]Hergunna- Female Human Druid 2
Human Form
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC:17 (+2), Fort:14 (+2), Reflex:16 (+2), Will:17 (+2) -- Speed:7
HP:20/41, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:6/9
Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: USED
Powers: Thorn Whip, Call of the Beast, Chill Wind,
Savage Rend, Wild Shape,
Thorn Spray, Summon Pack Wolf, Resist Energy,
Predator's Flurry, Hunter's Quarry, Death Fang Totem
[/sblock]
[sblock=Summoned Wolf]
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:17
HP: 20/20[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=tactics]Awesome round! I think that leaves us with only the dragon, and him with 22 HP by my count (well, 20 when he starts his turn). He can't stun us, so that just leaves his breath attack as his only major threat left, and his move action is likely to be getting up - so those of us on the other side of the room are probably pretty safe. Good job all![/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I think the dragon still has an AP left? So we're not completely safe... but he may want to run, anyway.[/sblock]

Remove ads