Adventure: Lord Byron's Lost Silver (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Kruk/Greggor]Has this Greggor been brought up before? I don't remember anything about it.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Yeah...it the reason kruk and his hafling friend agreed to go on the boat in the first place. Kruk was told of his missing friend Greggor at the tavern. The agreement was to have Kruk and Carolina hired on as guards inorder to get passage to here.

Well, while Kruk is looking for his friend Greggor, Carolina is really looking for gems. ;)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil talks to everyone he meets, being gregarious as usual while looking for Greggor. He also heads towards the temple and general store for some shopping.

[sblock=OOC] So much catching up to do, Wil is now 5th level and up for approval. I have a special present for Kane next time we fight a boss (extra 25% crit chance!) and I wonder if I should try to buy some rituals... Tenchuu is that possible in either the temple or the shop? I don't suppose magic items are (my wishlist is up to date, but should have had the Bracers of Archery HIGHER!

Diplomacy for the challenge 1d20+16=17 (1 isn't autofail on skills, right?)
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Turn 1]Still waiting on R1.[/sblock][sblock=Shop]I don't want to be a road block. If there is something you want, and you have the gold, I'd say buy it.[/sblock][sblock=Treasure Proposal]I give out treasure based on player level. So, I'm looking at level +N at a given treasure parcel for the magic items.

However, here's the problem I run in to. Sometimes, I need to give out an items at, say, level 8. But the player doesn't have a level 8 item listed; they have a 7 and a 9 they really want, but no 8.

If its okay with everyone, I would propose a system where, if I give out an item for treasure at a lower level than you would have got, I'll also award the difference in price in gold. So, for the example above, I'd give a level 7 item plus the value of gold = L8 Magic item cost - L7 magic item cost. Sound fair?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"OK, so Mr. Lord Byron says Kane is nice person, ok so Musicman I come with you and helps" Kane says, but his presence disrupts the bard.

[sblock=ooc]
Aid another - aid another diplomacy (1d20+4=9)fail

Kane's got stuff of every level available. I'll work on his empty slots soon-ish, but if there's something on the list I'm good with it.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
Moving through-out the town, the adventurers found some success fishing for information, but were mostly stymied. Word of their presence had started to spread around town. They needed to act quickly to work the few virgin ears left.

[sblock=Map]
Geardagas.jpg

[/sblock][sblock=Map Notes]
1. Ferried Inn
2. Temple of Netari
3. QT's General Store
4. Local Watch Barracks
5. Ferry
[/sblock][sblock=Encounter #1]
SKILL CHALLENGE

Setup: To get information about the town / missing silver / Kruk’s friend
Level: 3
EXP: 500
Complexity: 3 (requires 8 successes before 4 failures)
DC: 15 (Secondary 21)
Primary Skills: Diplomacy, Streetwise, Religion, Bluff
Secondary Skills: Insight, History, Intimidate

Rules:
- Each character gets 1 roll per turn
- Each character can only use a single primary or secondary skill twice.
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Round 2

Successes: 3/8
Failures: 3/4
[/sblock][sblock=Next Steps]
Okay. Roll for round 2. 3 failures already! Eek. But, it could make things interesting!

Also, weigh in on the Treasure question from my post 2 up.
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina continues her investigation, this time focusing on the missing treasure. Drawing from her experience in her former guild in Daunton, before she turned it to cinders, she's able to single out a group of ruffians that are bound to know something. She saunters up to them, and cranks on the charm and lies. Soon enough, she'll have them thinking she's an underboss from another town, come as an emissary to oversee "the operation."

(OOC: Bluff=1d20+11=31 Can you crit a bluff check? ;) )

[sblock=Treasure Proposal]Sounds more than fair to me.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk heads over to the inn. He opens the door and heads over to a group not to far from the barkeep. He orders a pint, chugs it, then orders another. "Ahhhh...you can never just order just one!" he says with a toothy grin. "I'm looking for a old friend of mine named Greggor. Has anyone heard of him or seen him lately?"

[sblock=skill check]
Insight check #2 (last one of these) 1d20+5 = 17
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]So... failures/successes on secondary skills count towards overall success and failures in the challenge? If so, we just failed the challenge.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''What, you don't believe me? I swear by Pan that I am... Oh crap.'' Charina palms her face in shame, realizing her mistake as she said it. Wrong god. You don't swear by Pan if trying to convince shady characters you are afiliated to Akneth!

[sblock=Fail!]
Bluff (1d20+9=12)

Yep, two pitiful roll in a row. Way to impress the new colleagues!
[/sblock]

Remove ads