Adventure: Lord Byron's Lost Silver (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about that. I mean to say a religious ritual / rite, rather than a D&D magic ritual to do something.

I wasn't hinting at anything there.
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Hergunna grimaces and shakes her head at the priest's clumsiness. She bites her tongue, waiting for Wil to say something nice.

[sblock=ooc]Hergunna level up finally done and submitted...

So, have we actually taken our extended rest yet? I'm wondering mainly because Hergunna's gonna have a dream related to her new power.

Also, I'm leaving for a week's vacation tomorrow evening. I may be able to post a bit, but not counting on it. Does somebody want to run Hergunna while I'm gone?[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Rest]I don't know that there was time for an extended rest, but I am granted the players the benefit of an extended rest.

Ryry, if you would like, for simplicity sake, to assume we did take an actual extended rest for the purposes of your dream, I'm okay with that. Also, if that's something you need/want me to write up as part of the game, let me know.[/sblock]

The priest scowls at Charina. "You could, at least, show some respect for Netari."

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil steps between Charina and the priest with his hands up. She meant no offense. My friend here is new to these lands and sometimes her humor does not... translate well. I am Wil Rando and these are my fellows! We heard tell of an accident in the nearby mines and that someone may have been injured and brought here. We wanted to make sure they were all right. Wil sports his best charming, guileless smile.

[sblock=OOC] Diplomacy can't hurt 1d20+16=24
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Tenchuu]Re: rest, that's fine. Maybe Hergunna was just daydreaming during the journey. :) I'll maybe write something up later on. (Again, leaving for vacation soon, uncertain if I will be posting for the next week)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk would have roared with laughter at the rogue's wise crack, but not today. Pushing past Charina Kruk invades the poor priest's personal space. "I'm looking for a friend named Greggor." Not giving him a chance to answer, the dwarf presses on. "I heard that you have seen him...Is that true?"

The more Kruk questions the priest, the more angry he becomes. "WE NEED TO KNOW!!"

Tenchuu

First Post
"Very well," the priest said, still annoyed. However, as Kruk starting asking the questions, he flinched, as if he were fearful of being attacked. His demeanor again became meek. "Uh.. of course, I understand. Many have come through here from the mines, uh, lately. All of them, quite ill. Uh... incapacitated. It is possible your friend is among them. Please, follow me. They beds are, uh, setup in the catecombes. It is the only was we can ensure any infectious ills do not spread among the, uh, congregation. Please, right this way."

Father Niris lead them to the back of the temple, and down a spiral staircase into the dank catacombs. The air reeked of decay, but the area was surprisingly well lit, with sconces every few week along the wall, and a few ceiling light fixtures. The priest stopped at the bottom of the stairs, stepped aside to let the adventurers pass.

"The, uh, ill are located in the back room. I'm afraid one of them passed in the night, and we have not, uh, had the time to perform a proper burial. It may yet be your friend."

As the adventurers moved ahead, the trap was set, and Father Niris did not hesitate to spring it. "ARISE!"

In the four rooms, Zombies pushed aside coffin lids and sprung from under sheets upon the medical tables, one just a few feet from Kruk. Pretense no longer needed, Niris dropped the sheepish priest act and spoke with confidence.

"Your friend is likely dead, and now walking among them as these children are. I'd wager his body is working for my master in Hellview... Just as yours will soon be."

[sblock=Mechanics]
NPCs use surprise round to get up.

NPC Initiative: 14

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: G12 40/40 HS 10/10 AP 1 MW 2/2
Hergunna: G10 51/51 HS 9/9 AP 1
Kane: H8 59/59 HS 10/10 AP 1
Kruk: H6 67/67 HS 12/12 AP 1
Carolina: E10 44/44 HS 7/7 AP 1
Charina: E12 39/39 HS 7/7 AP 1

Enemies:
Father Niris: D20 186/186 AP 2/2
Dread Zombie: A16 66/66, Auto-Phoenix-10hp*
Dread Zombie: A18 66/66, Auto-Phoenix-10hp*
Wraithborn: B4 150/150, Regen 5
Corruption Corpse: H17 46/46, Regen 5
Corruption Corpse: H19 46/46, Regen 5
Corpse of Despair: G5 86/86
Corpse of Despair: K15 86/86
Chillborn Zombie: H0 71/71
Chillborn Zombie: L2 71/71

[/sblock][sblock=map]
Byron3-1-1.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Father Niris (Reskin: Kalarel, Scion of Orcus)
Medium natural humanoid, human
Initiative +5 Senses Perception +9
HP 186; Bloodied 93
AC 22; Fortitude 21, Reflex 19, Will 24
Saving Throws +2
Speed 5
Action Points 2
Rod of Ruin (standard, at-will) Weapon
+14 vs AC; 2d6+5 damage plus ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends).
Decaying Ray (standard, at-will) Necrotic
Ranged 10; +12 vs Fortitude; 1d6+5 necrotic damage, and the target is weakened (save ends). Weakened Attacks deal half damage.
Touch of Ruin (minor, at-will) Necrotic
Kalarel must have combat advantage against the target.; +12 vs Fortitude; target gains only half the value of healing done to it until the end of Kalarel's next turn.
Call of the Grave (minor, recharge ) Necrotic
Ranged 5 (affects creatures with ongoing necrotic damage only); +12 vs Fortitude; the target is immobilized until the end of Kalarel's next turn.
Unlife to Life (standard, encounter) Healing
Close burst 5; undead allies heal 5 hp and can shift 3 as an immediate action.

Wrathborn
Medium natural humanoid (undead)
Initiative +7 Senses Perception +8; darkvision
HP 150; Bloodied 75
Regeneration 5
AC 25; Fortitude 23, Reflex 21, Will 19
Immune disease, poison, fear; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
Saving Throws +2
Speed 5
Action Points 1
Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+14 vs AC; 2d8+2 damage.
Vengeful Strike (standard, at-will) Necrotic, Weapon
Requires longsword; +14 vs AC; 1d8+1 damage plus 5 necrotic damage, and the target is pushed 1 square and knocked prone.
Pinning Chains (standard, recharge ) Necrotic
Close burst 5; targets enemies; +12 vs Reflex; 3d8+3 necrotic damage. Hit or Miss: Each enemy adjacent to the wrathborn is immobilized until the end of the wrathborn's next turn.
Survival Instinct
A wrathborn gains a +2 bonus to all defenses while bloodied.
Equipment: heavy shield , longsword , plate armor.

Corruption Corpse
Medium natural animate (undead)
Initiative +3 Senses Perception +3; darkvision
Grave Stench aura 1; living enemies in the aura take a -5 penalty to attack rolls.
HP 46; Bloodied 23
Regeneration 5 (if the corruption corpse takes radiant damage, regeneration doesn’t function on its next turn)
AC 17; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 14
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
Speed 4
Slam (standard, at-will)
+8 vs AC; 1d6+3 damage.
Mote of Corruption (standard, at-will) Necrotic
The corruption corpse hurls a black glob of necrotic filth: ranged 10; +7 vs Reflex; 2d6+3 necrotic damage, and the target is weakened (save ends).
Death Burst (when reduced to 0 hit points) Necrotic
The corruption corpse explodes: close burst 1; +7 vs Fortitude; 2d6+3 necrotic damage.

Corpse of Despair
Initiative +3 Senses Perception +4; darkvision
HP 86; Bloodied 43
AC 18; Fortitude 19, Reflex 15, Will 16
Speed 4
Slam (standard, at-will)
+9 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage.
Crushing Despair (standard, at-will)
+9 vs AC; 2d6+4 damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).
Death of Hope Psychic
A dazed target hit by the corpse of despair also takes ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends).

Chillborn Zombie
Initiative +5 Senses Perception +3; darkvision
Chillborn Aura (Cold) aura 2; any creature that enters or begins its turn in the aura takes 5 cold damage. Multiple chillborn auras deal cumulative damage.
HP 71; Bloodied 35
AC 22; Fortitude 20, Reflex 16, Will 16
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 cold, 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 fire, 5 radiant
Speed 4
Slam (standard, at-will) Cold
+11 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of the chillborn zombie’s next turn and takes ongoing 5 cold damage (save ends).
Death Burst (when reduced to 0 hit points) Cold
The chillborn zombie explodes: close burst 1; +9 vs Fortitude; 2d6+2 cold damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Ice Reaper Cold
The chillborn zombie deals +5 cold damage to an immobilized creature.

Dread Zombie
Initiative +3 Senses Perception +3; darkvision
HP 66; Bloodied 33
AC 21; Fortitude 19, Reflex 15, Will 16
Speed 5
Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+12 vs AC; 1d8+5 damage.
Zombie Grab (standard, at-will)
+10 vs Reflex; the target is grabbed. Attempts to escape the zombie's grab take a -5 penalty.
Rise Again
If a dread zombie is reduced to 0 hit points by an attack that does not deal fire or radiant damage, the creature is not destroyed. The dread zombie falls prone and appears to be destroyed, but instead, the creature returns with 10 hit points at the beginning of its next turn.
Zombie Weakness
A critical hit scored against a dread zombie reduces the zombie to 0 hit points.
Equipment: heavy shield , longsword , plate armor .
[/sblock][sblock=Roll Init]
Roll initiative. The NPCs are at 14. If you meet or beat them, take your full action now. If you don't, you can shift up to 3 squares, to correct any mistakes in formation I may have made setting up the board for this first round.

I realize this is a bit of a gotcha move, but tipping off this priest was a consequence of failing the skill challenge.
[/sblock]

Remove ads