• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Lord Byron's Lost Silver (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Charina fires and accurate bolt straight through the skull's orbit. Too bad there ain't a living brain behind it or it would have been a lot more effective.

[sblock=Actions]
Go For the Eyes (I used it but missed while hidden earlier so I didn't lose it.
Go For the eyes vs Skull AC (1d20+17+2=21, 2d10+11=16) hit, thanfully he had low AC. Low damage though.
Forgot sneak damage
sneak (2d8=3)

Arg!

Total 19.

Flameskull is blind and can't shift (Save ends). After effect; anytime I hit it, it takes -2 to hit and can't shift TENT

Minor reload

Move: J21
stealth (1d20+21=35)[/sblock]

OOC: Can you use two AP in one fight? I used one earlier but I still have one left.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina finds an opening and weaves into the fray behind Wil. She palms her dagger and stealthily jabs it into the back of De Luccia's leg, sending the vile little man staggering down the steps away from his altar, surrounded by the good guys.

[sblock=Actions]Move 6 squares to N34
Positioning Strike vs. De Luccia hits WILL 32 for 10 damage (Roll Lookup)
Slide De Luccia 4 squares to K31[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Generally, you can't use more than 1 AP in an encounter, but since this is the final encounter, I'll make an exception.

[sblock=Wil's Triggers]
NA
[/sblock]

The flaming skull floated backwards until it bumped into the corner.

After seeing the Death Priest fall, De Luccia moved back behind the Altar. "Back! All of you, or the Dwarf dies! You have ruined my plans, but you will not take me, not without sacrificing one of your own. I am not stupid. I can see how the numbers work out here. But know this well: I will not go down without a fight. So leave, now, or leave later carrying the corpse of your friend."

[sblock=De Luccia Readied Action (okay to read)]
Trigger: Any character attacks De Luccia OR any character moves into the following squares: K38, K37, L37, M37, M38

Also, the altar is providing cover.
[sblock=Triggered Action (only read if you activate the trigger)]
Readied Action: Hellish Rebuke vs Kruk
Attack: 1d20+16=25
Damage: 1d6+8=13 fire damage
Effect: If De Luccia takes damage before the start of his next turn, Kruk takes an extra 1d6+5=11 fire damage
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Mechanics]
Flameskull
Move: to S34
Standard: Total Defense
Save: 1d20=5 fail

Master Mosser De Luccia
Move: to L38
Standard: Readied Action.

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: K33 35/61 HS 7/10 AP 0 MW 0/2, +1 AC/Ref-Shift-TENT,
Kane: K24 26/77 THP 0/5 HS 8/11 AP 0, Resist-5, Bloodied, Immobilized,
Kruk: J36 1/80 THP 0/11 HS 5/12 AP 0, Bloodied
Carolina: H30 53/54 HS 6/7 AP 0,
Charina: J21 59/59 HS 7/7 AP 2,

Enemies:
Flameskull: S34 51/70, Blinded & Can't Shift,
Master Mosser De Luccia: M36 54/92,

Deathpriest of Orcus: K35 -1/96, dead
Amendfohl: K25:L26 -alot/214 AP 0, dead
Gnall Demon: M38 -6/66, dead
Arzanezra, Paladin of Slaughter: L29 0/96, Dying
Corrupted Commander: L28 -7/96
Human Slaver: M28 -13/102, Dead
Human Slaver: K23 0/102
Gnall Demon: L23 -11/66 dead
[/sblock][sblock=map]
Byron3-5-11.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Master Mosser De Luccia (Reskined: Pelgor)
Medium natural humanoid
HP 92; Bloodied 46
AC 27; Fortitude 24, Reflex 23, Will 24
Speed 6
Barbed Rod (standard, at-will) Weapon
+14 vs AC; 1d8+2 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
Hellish Rebuke (standard, at-will) Arcane, Fire
Ranged 10; +16 vs Reflex; 1d6+8 fire damage. If Pelgor takes damage before the end of his next turn, the target takes an extra 1d6+5 fire damage.
Howl of Doom (standard, recharge 5,6) Arcane, Fear, Thunder
Close blast 5; +16 vs Fortitude; 2d6+8 thunder damage, and the target is pushed 5 squares.
Summons of Marlug (standard, encounter) Arcane, Psychic, Teleportation
Ranged 10; +16 vs Will; 2d10+8 psychic damage, and Pelgor teleports the target to an unoccupied square within 3 squares of him. Sustain Minor: +16 vs. Will; Pelgor teleports the target to an unoccupied square within 3 squares of him. On a miss, the effect ends.
Shielding Shades (immediate reaction, when hit by an attack; daily) Arcane
Reduce the damage from the attack to 0.
Soulbound
If Pelgor is ever more than 3 squares away from the altar, his powers deal -2 damage and he cannot use his summons of Marlug power.
Alignment Evil Languages Abyssal, Common
Equipment: barbed rod, leather armor .

Deathpriest of Orcus
Medium natural humanoid, human
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +12
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 25; Fortitude 21, Reflex 19, Will 21
Speed 5
Mace (standard, at-will) Necrotic
+12 vs AC; 1d8+1 damage plus 1d8 necrotic damage.
Ray of Black Fire (standard, at-will) Fire, Necrotic
Ranged 10; +10 vs Reflex; 1d8+3 fire and necrotic damage, and one ally in the deathpriest's line of sight gains a +2 power bonus to its next attack roll against the target.
Dark Blessing (standard, encounter) Necrotic
Close burst 2; +10 vs Fortitude; 2d8+3 necrotic damage, and the target is pushed 1 square. Hit or Miss: The deathpriest and all allies in the burst gain a +2 power bonus to AC until the end of the encounter.
Alignment Unaligned Languages Abyssal, Common
Equipment: skull-headed mace, chainmail .

Flameskull
Small natural animate (undead)
Initiative +7 Senses Perception +11
HP 70; Bloodied 35
Regeneration 5
AC 21; Fortitude 18, Reflex 23, Will 21
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 fire, 5 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
Speed fly 10 (hover)
Fiery Bite (standard, at-will) Fire
Reach 0; +10 vs AC; 1 damage, plus 1d8 fire damage.
Flame Ray (standard, at-will) Fire
Ranged 10; +10 vs Reflex; 2d6+6 fire damage.
Fireball (standard, encounter) Fire
Area burst 3 within 20; +12 vs Reflex; 3d6+6 fire damage. Miss: Half damage. The flameskull can exclude two allies from the effect.
Mage Hand (minor; at-will) Conjuration
As the wizard power mage hand.
Illumination
The flameskull sheds bright light out to 5 squares, but it can reduce its brightness to dim light out to 2 squares as a free action.
Alignment Unaligned Languages Common, one other
Skills Stealth +12
[/sblock][sblock=Adventure Summary]
Motives
Kruk: Find his friend Greggor
Charina: Use the group to collect more bounties (ears)
Everyone Else: Locating the missing Silver shipment for Lord Byron

Summary of Events
1. Bested Pirates en route to Allaria. Traveled on the ship Wind's Will captained by Captain Levenbrech, and mated by Porse and Trig.
2. Arrived in the port, to find it besieged by Lizards from the unending mire. Defeated lizards and met/teamed up with Charina.
3. Journeyed to Geardagas and asked the locals for information with mixed results (link to the leads gathered).
4. Went to the temple of Netari, where the new priest, Father Niris, has been tending to the ill (apparently quite poorly). He led the players into the catacombs, where his zombie minions ambushed. The priest, over confident, rambled on about Hellview (background reference for players).
5. Dealing a mortal blow to the Priest, he says Master De Luccia (First time they have heard the name) cannot be stopped, and he stated that Greggor "will be... among the first... at Hellview." The priest laid dying on the floor with his fallen minions.
6. As they approach Hellview, they encounter the ghost of Sir Alistair Glasston, who begged them to enter the cave and retrieve his lost battleaxe.
7. They entered Hellview, and came across a portal, as well as some guards/workers. It seems they were using zombies to dig a new path near the portal...
8. They step through the portal into a bizarre world. A demon statue looms ahead, with a tall gate behind. The bodies of fallen adventurers, as well as a dead demon, lay about the floor. Wil Triggered the Demon statue trap, alerting the nearby demon's.
9. After a long battle, they slew all of the demons who had come through the hell gate, and they found Sir Alistair Glasston's lost battleaxe. But Greggor was still missing, and there is the question of why the demons were digging.
10. Hergunna departed the group to alert the local militia, while the others pressed ahead North, trying to find the source of the demon-aligned miners, as well as the lost silver.
11. They came upon a wall blocking the road to the mine. Mounted knight Brother Arleas leads a band of outlaws and zombies to defend the mine entrance. After slaying the Knight and half his men, the remaining wizards and archers closed the gate. The battle continued until only the fat temporal wizard, Alaria, remained alive. She pleaded for her life to be spared.
12. Alaria identified the men who hired her as being part of the Brotherhood.
13. They entered the mine and found Greggor with some other miners. Greggor shows them a path recently carved from the mine into the Hellview portal tunnels. They are using the tunnel to subvert the protection which bars them from exiting the portal into Alaria.
14. By the portal, they opened up the wall to reveal a hidden demon temple. Inside, Master De Luccia brings the demon Amendfohl (the same demon that Sir Alistair Glasston fought during the fall of Allaria) back to life.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
You'll not take me hostage! i'd rather die than have that happen. Turning to his friends. Kill'm!. He turns back and whacks the foe hard with his axe, know full well the consequences of his actions. The foe counters and Kruk collapses to the ground.

[sblock=actions]
brash strike: 1d20+17 for 1d10+11 = 32 for 19
[/sblock]

Remove ads