Adventure: Lord Byron's Lost Silver (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

Tenchuu

First Post
GM: Kane Save vs immobilized: 1d20=13 Passed.

he is no longer immobilized.

Since R1 is still super busy with work and then Vacation, IG, please post for his character, since you want to coordinate flanking.

johnmeier1

Explorer
NO! Wil shouts as he fires a quick arrow at Del Lucia. He then rushes up around the altar to stand over Kruk protectively.

OOC: Standard: Jinx Shot
Move: Walk to L38 (is that the side of the altar Kruk is on?) so flanking can occur

industrygothica

Adventurer
As Kruk falls, Kane's primal instincts take over and he moves in to De Luccia with a guttural roar that makes the hairs on Carolina's neck stand on end.

The halfling can't afford herself the pleasure of watching Kane's weapon work its magic, as she uses the distraction to move in and work some magic of her own.

OOC: And, of course, EVERYTHING misses...

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Kruk is not dead yet (see below).

As for the map, I think there may be a little confusion, probably because of my retcon, so I tried to move everyone to good spots. I am assuming that Kruk charges in for his final attack, so he is now dying prone next to the Master. Kane and Caroline I have in normal flanking position (at the start of the enemies turn), and Wil I have in his specified location, even though it is not on top of Kruk. I figured you would want to be at range, plus the altar grants you cover.
[sblock=Rules on Dying]
Dying: When your hit points drop to 0 or fewer, you fall unconscious and are dying. Any additional damage you take continues to reduce your current hit point total until your character dies.

Death Saving Throw: When you are dying, you need to make a saving throw at the end of your turn each round. The result of your saving throw determines how close you are to death.
Lower than 10: You slip one step closer to death. If you get this result three times before you take a rest, you die.
10–19: No change.
20 or higher: Spend a healing surge. When you do so, you are considered to have 0 hit points, and then your healing surge restores hit points as normal. You are no longer dying, and you are conscious but still prone. If you roll 20 or higher but have no healing surges, your condition doesn’t change.

Death: When you take damage that reduces your current hit points to your bloodied value expressed as a negative number, your character dies.
[/sblock][sblock=Wil's Triggers]
NA
[/sblock]

The flaming skull stayed in the corner.

De Luccia, bloodied from Kruk's final attack, screamed as they closed in on him. "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

De Luccia head the rod over Kruk's head. "The dwarf was foolhearty, but I pray some of you have brains yet. Stop now, and let me leave, and you can take the dwarf with you to heal. Come any closer, and I will use my final breaths to end his life. Were you not his friends?"

[sblock=Mechanics]
Flameskull
Move: N/A
Standard: Total Defense
Save: 1d20=6 fail

Master Mosser De Luccia
Standard: Howl of Doom (v Fort)
Attack Kane: 1d20+16=30
Attack Carolina: 1d20+16=22
Damage: 2d6+8=15 -2 (away from Altar)=13 thunder damage and target is pushed 5.
Move: Shift to M33

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: L38 35/61 HS 7/10 AP 0 MW 0/2, +1 AC/Ref-Shift-TENT,
Kane: M26 18/77 THP 0/5 HS 8/11 AP 0, Resist-5, Bloodied,
Kruk: L33 -12/80 THP 0/11 HS 5/12 AP 0, Dying
Carolina: N38 40/54 HS 6/7 AP 0,
Charina: O25 59/59 HS 7/7 AP 2,

Enemies:
Flameskull: S34 51/70, Blinded & Can't Shift,
Master Mosser De Luccia: M33 35/92, Bloodied

Deathpriest of Orcus: K35 -1/96, dead
Amendfohl: K25:L26 -alot/214 AP 0, dead
Gnall Demon: M38 -6/66, dead
Arzanezra, Paladin of Slaughter: L29 0/96, Dying
Corrupted Commander: L28 -7/96
Human Slaver: M28 -13/102, Dead
Human Slaver: K23 0/102
Gnall Demon: L23 -11/66 dead
[/sblock][sblock=map]
Byron3-5-12.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Master Mosser De Luccia (Reskined: Pelgor)
Medium natural humanoid
HP 92; Bloodied 46
AC 27; Fortitude 24, Reflex 23, Will 24
Speed 6
Barbed Rod (standard, at-will) Weapon
+14 vs AC; 1d8+2 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
Hellish Rebuke (standard, at-will) Arcane, Fire
Ranged 10; +16 vs Reflex; 1d6+8 fire damage. If Pelgor takes damage before the end of his next turn, the target takes an extra 1d6+5 fire damage.
Howl of Doom (standard, recharge 5,6) Arcane, Fear, Thunder
Close blast 5; +16 vs Fortitude; 2d6+8 thunder damage, and the target is pushed 5 squares.
Summons of Marlug (standard, encounter) Arcane, Psychic, Teleportation
Ranged 10; +16 vs Will; 2d10+8 psychic damage, and Pelgor teleports the target to an unoccupied square within 3 squares of him. Sustain Minor: +16 vs. Will; Pelgor teleports the target to an unoccupied square within 3 squares of him. On a miss, the effect ends.
Shielding Shades (immediate reaction, when hit by an attack; daily) Arcane
Reduce the damage from the attack to 0.
Soulbound
If Pelgor is ever more than 3 squares away from the altar, his powers deal -2 damage and he cannot use his summons of Marlug power.
Alignment Evil Languages Abyssal, Common
Equipment: barbed rod, leather armor .

Flameskull
Small natural animate (undead)
Initiative +7 Senses Perception +11
HP 70; Bloodied 35
Regeneration 5
AC 21; Fortitude 18, Reflex 23, Will 21
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 fire, 5 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
Speed fly 10 (hover)
Fiery Bite (standard, at-will) Fire
Reach 0; +10 vs AC; 1 damage, plus 1d8 fire damage.
Flame Ray (standard, at-will) Fire
Ranged 10; +10 vs Reflex; 2d6+6 fire damage.
Fireball (standard, encounter) Fire
Area burst 3 within 20; +12 vs Reflex; 3d6+6 fire damage. Miss: Half damage. The flameskull can exclude two allies from the effect.
Mage Hand (minor; at-will) Conjuration
As the wizard power mage hand.
Illumination
The flameskull sheds bright light out to 5 squares, but it can reduce its brightness to dim light out to 2 squares as a free action.
Alignment Unaligned Languages Common, one other
Skills Stealth +12
[/sblock][sblock=Adventure Summary]
Motives
Kruk: Find his friend Greggor
Charina: Use the group to collect more bounties (ears)
Everyone Else: Locating the missing Silver shipment for Lord Byron

Summary of Events
1. Bested Pirates en route to Allaria. Traveled on the ship Wind's Will captained by Captain Levenbrech, and mated by Porse and Trig.
2. Arrived in the port, to find it besieged by Lizards from the unending mire. Defeated lizards and met/teamed up with Charina.
3. Journeyed to Geardagas and asked the locals for information with mixed results (link to the leads gathered).
4. Went to the temple of Netari, where the new priest, Father Niris, has been tending to the ill (apparently quite poorly). He led the players into the catacombs, where his zombie minions ambushed. The priest, over confident, rambled on about Hellview (background reference for players).
5. Dealing a mortal blow to the Priest, he says Master De Luccia (First time they have heard the name) cannot be stopped, and he stated that Greggor "will be... among the first... at Hellview." The priest laid dying on the floor with his fallen minions.
6. As they approach Hellview, they encounter the ghost of Sir Alistair Glasston, who begged them to enter the cave and retrieve his lost battleaxe.
7. They entered Hellview, and came across a portal, as well as some guards/workers. It seems they were using zombies to dig a new path near the portal...
8. They step through the portal into a bizarre world. A demon statue looms ahead, with a tall gate behind. The bodies of fallen adventurers, as well as a dead demon, lay about the floor. Wil Triggered the Demon statue trap, alerting the nearby demon's.
9. After a long battle, they slew all of the demons who had come through the hell gate, and they found Sir Alistair Glasston's lost battleaxe. But Greggor was still missing, and there is the question of why the demons were digging.
10. Hergunna departed the group to alert the local militia, while the others pressed ahead North, trying to find the source of the demon-aligned miners, as well as the lost silver.
11. They came upon a wall blocking the road to the mine. Mounted knight Brother Arleas leads a band of outlaws and zombies to defend the mine entrance. After slaying the Knight and half his men, the remaining wizards and archers closed the gate. The battle continued until only the fat temporal wizard, Alaria, remained alive. She pleaded for her life to be spared.
12. Alaria identified the men who hired her as being part of the Brotherhood.
13. They entered the mine and found Greggor with some other miners. Greggor shows them a path recently carved from the mine into the Hellview portal tunnels. They are using the tunnel to subvert the protection which bars them from exiting the portal into Alaria.
14. By the portal, they opened up the wall to reveal a hidden demon temple. Inside, Master De Luccia brings the demon Amendfohl (the same demon that Sir Alistair Glasston fought during the fall of Allaria) back to life.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil rushes around the table to Kruk, kneeling and attempting to stop the bleeding.

OOC: Is Kane still immobilized?
Move: Walk (or run if I can't go around the table squares) to K34
Minor: Stow bow
Standard: Heal check to stabilize (he can't spend a HS since he used his second wind

Tenchuu

First Post
GM: Double oops.

No, Kane is not immobilized. And, I thought I posted this when I made the change yesterday, but apparently not.

Tenchuu

First Post
GM: [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION]
Waiting on Kane, Charina, and Carolina

John, since R1 is still not back to normal posting, do you want to post for Kane?

Remove ads