• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Lost Love (DM: Velmont - Judge: Renau1g)

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda calms down slightly as Talkrai and Unit 16 obliterate the swordsman. As Unit 16 and Jarren dash to the surface, Ryda quietly appraches Talkrai, resting a hand on her shoulder. In a voice unheard by any in her present company, she calmly and softly speaks, a tear running down one cheek, "C'mon lass, you can't help anyone lying here in blood, if we can save even one of the workers above, we'll honor Pis' sacrifice. He was an odd... thing... but he had a good heart and I mean to do right by him. Lets go."

Ryda then tries to help Talkrai to her feet. [sblock=Chose your own adventure]If she stand, Ryda wil move with her as they catch up to the boys, but if she refuses the aid, Ryda will shrug and move to catch the others.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai doesn't say anything at all. She allows Ryda to pull her to her feet, and her legs seem to move of their own accord if Ryda drags her along up the stairs. You can see tears flowing down her face like a river, leaving trails in the blood that's splattered across it. Her expression almost looks as if she's in agony, but the noise she was making has subsided to a dull sob.

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=in sum]So we're all headed to the surface, 16 has Pis' body and the key, correct? Assuming nothing is in our way, I guess we'll get there in like 30 seconds or something? You can consider 16 to be running.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
The group make their way up to the surface. Unit 16 quickly lead the group, followed by Jarren on his heel. Ryda help Talkrai and try to keep pace, but they are at the bottom of the stairs when Unit 16 arrive at the surface.

Unit 16 looks around and see corpse. He doesn't take much attention at first, making sure he doesn't see any threat, but there seems to be no living around them. He then take a looks at the corpse. Among the corpses, he see Jasper's guards, both death by wounds made from blades, probably received during a combat. The number of wound show they probably had never the chance to properly defend themselves.

There is also two other corpse. These figures are unknown to Unit 16. Two swordsmen that seems to have died from arrows.

After a moment, it is clear to them that neither Priam and the last worker can be found among the few dead in the hole.

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I think you mean Jarren was on 16's heel. :)[/sblock]
Surveying the area, 16 does not look surprised at the bloodbath. Turning to the others, he says, "Can we track them?"
[sblock=ooc]Given the "overwhelming odds" bit we got, I'm guessing many bad guys left together. Not sure how easy that would be to track; I'm just pretty sure 16 isn't likely the best tracker.

Hard to say if the two still presumably alive are kidnapped or just escaped, but maybe we could find a clue to that as well. Also, all this fighting couldn't have happened more than a minute or two ago, so we might be able to just listen and hear if someone is still marching away or screaming or something.

Velmont, any rolls we should specifically try?

Alternately: we could just stay and search the bodies? I'm thinking the "trail" will run cold shortly, but we can always just give up if no one else wants to pursue.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]It's been around 30 minutes since you enter the tomb, around 5 minutes since the gnome show up. Around 4 since he call for the worker to be sent down, and around one minutes since the starts of the fight.

You can try what you think best. You are standing at the moment within the hole dug by the workers. Jarren is at Susan side. Ryda and Talkrai are climbing the stairs.[/SBLOCK]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Talkrai is incoherent and just allowing herself to be dragged along, so you won't hear from me about anything she does until someone else changes the situation.

Since Ryda hasn't said we move up to the top of the stairs yet, I'm assuming that she still hasn't seen the carnage.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
Unit 16 looks back to Ryda as she and Talkrai climb the stairs. "Brace the young one, for this is what war looks like."

[sblock=ooc]So since I'm not sure what we can do nor what we want to do, I'll say: Velmont, does my passive perception of 17 reveal anything to us? I'm looking for any signs of the survivors, or tracks, or anything to clue us in to where the bad guys went. I can also roll perception or roll nature if that will help.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Bringing herself and Talkrai up to the others, Ryda surveys the carnage. Well, we can either pursue an unknown number of bandits into an unknown woods, or we can stay and deal with the dead we have? Jarren, you have the keenest eyes, how well do you think you could follow their trail? I don’t much fancy chasing after a small army into a potentially trap ridden area though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads