Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

two

First Post
Round 4, and a PC drops.

Round 4:
I22: Ratman1
I22.1: Ogrin
I22.2: Rats (moved in initiative via readied action)
I22.3: Rasereit
I19: Ratman2
I16: Vargo & Wolf (moved up via readied entangle)
I16.1: Hallidor
I12: Juliana
I7: Zaeryl
I2: Almayce

I22: Ratman1, entangled and not very happy about it, having heard the loud chanting of what he assumed to be a spell coming from Vargo’s prone form, nods once to his pal the other ratman and, despite considerable entangling penalties (-4 to dex, -2 to attacks), squeezes off another crossbow shot (at Vargo). He rolls a “14” and just hits AC15, doing 7 points of damage and dropping Vargo like a rock. Rather, he would drop is he wasn’t already prone. (note small creatures, such as dire rats, follow the “Low Obstacles and Cover” rule, and objects 30 feet past the low obstacle gain no cover bonus).

“Bwa-ha haaaa. Bwa-ha-ha-haaaaaa!” you hear the ratman chortling. Truly, a despicable sound. (this guy is, incidentally, rolling like there is no tomorrow). Vargo, at 0 hit points, needs to do what is done when you are at 0 hit points. That includes not moving right away.

I22.1: Ogrin, although he would like to kill one of the ratmen, isn’t about to enter the “entangle” zone, so charges rat5 (Hallidor’s not in the way enough to interfere). Arrrgghh!!! And Ogrin rolls a “6”. Good lord. Anyway, misses the rat.

I22.2: Rat5 attacks Ogrin and misses with a “1” rather spectacularly. Rats1-4 all decide to chew on the non-armored charging guy (Raz) whose current AC is 10 (lower by 2 because of charging). Rats 1, 2, 3, 4 roll 20/15/20/12. All hit easily, even the 3 entangled ones. Are the 2 critical chances criticals? 2 rolls are: 11/13. They are both criticals. Holy mackerel. Total damage is 6d4 = 17 points of damage. Raz also has to make 4 DC11 fort saves; (has +5 bonus) and fails not once but twice. In 1d3 days Raz is gonna be feeling kinda sick.

I22.3: Rasereit, raging, and very ticked off, chooses Rat1 (who bit him very harshly), and attacks. The first axe “8” misses, but the second does not. Damage is 1d6+2 (off hand weapon hit) = 5 points. The rat is at 0, and kinda droops over somewhat.

I19: Ratman2, not wishing to fire into combat (it’s too hard to hit the person you are shooting), decides to try to match his pal. He aims at the hated elf, and lets one fly: He rolls a “10” and hits the unarmored elf, whose cover has left him, doing 6 points of damage. Ratman2, rather disappointed that Almayce hasn’t dropped dead, loads another bolt into his crossbow.

I16: {must wait for Vargo to do what he’s gonna do, being at 0 and all}

Xael

First Post
OOC: Yes, not going very well for us. It really doesn't help much that we only have one character that actually has a chance of damaging those Wererats. :\ We'll just have to heal faster that they do damage, even though that might be a bit hard with all those high rolls. But I have more charges in the wand than they probably have bolts. Changing actions...

Round 4: Almayce will cast Cure Light Wounds at Vargo. "If I should fall, I have healing potions and a wand [insert command word explanation] in my backpack.", he says bluntly. If he has time, Almayce will also dig up his Wand of Cure Light Wounds and offer it to Vargo.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Xael said:
OOC: Yes, not going very well for us. It really doesn't help much that we only have one character that actually has a chance of damaging those Wererats. :\ We'll just have to heal faster that they do damage. Changing actions...
OOC: I'm hoping they're ratlings and not wererats. And looking forward to those constructs. If I can get to them, I was hoping to try to trip them, but they've got rats and an entangle in the way (And unfortunately, the entangle isn't as effective as we could have hoped, but we've still got time)

Xael

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: I'm hoping they're ratlings and not wererats. And looking forward to those constructs. If I can get to them, I was hoping to try to trip them, but they've got rats and an entangle in the way (And unfortunately, the entangle isn't as effective as we could have hoped, but we've still got time)

OOC: The Astral Constructs last ONE ROUND. :\ We should try to grapple or trip them, so that Rasereit can finish them off. We should be able to deal with the normal rats. And what the hell are ratlings...?

Bront

The man with the probe
Xael said:
OOC: The Astral Constructs last ONE ROUND. :\ We should try to grapple or trip them, so that Rasereit can finish them off. We should be able to deal with the normal rats. And what the hell are ratlings...?
OOC: I might be crossing games. Keep in mind, I don't think I've read a monster manual throughly since 1st Ed, though I enjoy not knowing much about what I fight, makes for a newness to the experience :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Xael said:
(OOC: I can make them last two as well)

Vargo

First Post
OOC: Yep, not too good right now.

Vargo nods in grim understanding at Almayce. Looking at Huln, he points at the dire rats and says "Huln, kill!"

two

First Post
{In general, I need more complete posts from the players. If your PC charges, rages, and attacks, I need you to supply the PC’s new AC, new “to hit” bonuses, and new damage. If you cast CLW, tell me how much it cures. I shouldn’t have to calculate each PC’s totals for various things each round, as I have been doing on and off. Thanks.}

Round 4 (continued):

I16: Vargo instructs Huln to “kill” the rats as he lies on his back feeling poorly. Huln moves over into attacking range around rat5.

I16.1: Hallidor charges those nasty fat rats who are hurting his friends so badly. “I’ll clean up this mess,” Hallidor mutters, his mace swinging. He attacks Rat2, and rolls a “14” and hits the rat. The PC’s can tell that, while certainly strong, Hallidor doesn’t seem to strike with much finesse. But it doesn’t always matter. He hits, and does 10 points of damage total – totally SMASHING the rat into the dust.

“WHOOOOOO!” Hallidor shouts, adrenaline surging through him, “WOOOOOO!!!!”

I12: Juliana charges up to Rat4 (since Rat2 is a pile of sticky fur soaking into the soil) and “attacks normally.” She rolls a “7” and misses. God. Y’all been gettin’ bad rolls.

I7: Zaeryl starts manifesting the Astral Construct. Last round he put up a force screen.

I2: Almayce goes over (Moves) to slumping Vargo and casts CLW, doing I assume 1d8+1 = 7 points of healing to Vargo. Vargo is now alive with I 7 hit points.

Round 5:
I22: Ratman1
I22.1: Ogrin
I22.2: Rats (moved in initiative via readied action)
I22.3: Rasereit
I19: Ratman2
I16: Vargo & Wolf (moved up via readied entangle)
I16.1: Hallidor
I12: Juliana
I7: Zaeryl
I2: Almayce

I22: Ratman1, seeing Almayce hunched over Vargo, and hearing the spell cast, isn’t very pleased. Vargo was his “kill” dagnabbit! Stay dead! He shoots a bolt at Almayce who is kneeling over Vargo and thus gets +2 to AC. Rolls a “6” and misses badly.
I22.1: Ogrin makes a 5’ adjustment (closer to flanking but not quite) and attacks infamous rat5, rolling a “14” and actually hitting! Go team! Does 1d6 longsword+2 = 5 points. The rat is at 0, and kinda topples over a bit, but is still snarling.

I22.2: Rats attack, even those at 0. They are fightin’, bitin’ machines. Rats1, 3, 4 attack Raz, Rat5 attacks Orgin. (in that order). Argh. All miss except for one rat bite vs. Raz, doing 4 points of damage. Has has taken 21 points of damage so far. (makes disease save).

I22.3: Raz is crazy mad. Arrrgggh!!!!! Frothing at the mouth cranky. Got up on the wrong side of bed, no coffee in the house, wife just left you for your best friend kind of mad. Arggh! Attacks rat3, rolls a “6”, adds 5, gets 11, and misses. God. Other axe in other hand – “2”! Misses again! Wow.

I 19: Ratman2, seeing how the Dire rats are doing such a good job keeping everyone occupied, squeezes another one off at ratman1’s target – Almayce. Rolls a “2” and misses. Well, it’s just a miss/miss kind of round.

I16: Vargo, now healed up to 7, does something…. Huln was gonna attack Rat5, which however already drops unconscious from the attack it made at 0 hit points (so does rat1). So Huln moves over and whacks Rat4. “3”. Totally freaking misses.

{waiting on Vargo action. Also, for Z, where is the construct going to appear, and what is it gonna attack? Also, everyone supply next round's actions if they have not done so yet, in detail.}

Attachments

• b1_updated2.jpg
    b1_updated2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Remove ads