• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

two

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I suggest that we pursue and kill at least one of them. Otherwise they will just ambush us again. Also, there's no way they can outrun our barbarian, and the double-move escape just sets them up to be charged again and again)

(Round 6: Zaeryl blinks once, then draws and loads his light crossbow)

(Round 7: Zaeryl stands and moves towards the others. The construct, at least, will pursue, and it has a combination of Darkvision and Low-Light Vision that should allow it to follow them quite easily)

"I suggest we pursue immediately. Otherwise, they will simply kill us later."

{Just a few rule things to consider: a raging barbarian is a wonder to behold. A fatigued barbarian in a footrace is about as useful as a bag of wet pickles.

Also, once you get into the darkness, and the WereRats are invisible to you (and you to the WereRats), nobody provokes AOO's anymore. So the WereRats can double-move any direction or even run -- makes keeping up/tracking very difficult.

The construct certainly will get another charge attack in -- good point. Didn't know about darkvision and all that.

NOTE: I am absolutely NOT attempting to suggest any course of action, pro or con; I just don't want the fatigued barbarian 1-on-1 with a WereRat without fatigue rules being remembered. Plus the difficult of tracking invisible creatures in a forest.

That's all.}

}

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Then clearly, someone with low-light points where to go--no need to track, they will always be in charging distance each round unless they take an AoO to run. And someone can just bring light. If they survive til the end of rage, then we give up)

two

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Then clearly, someone with low-light points where to go--no need to track, they will always be in charging distance each round unless they take an AoO to run. And someone can just bring light. If they survive til the end of rage, then we give up)

{According to the combat record, Raz started raging at the start of round 3; it lasts 5 rounds (con=16, 20 after raging). That's round 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. In other words, at the start of Raz's turn on Round 8, he is fatigued and can't charge etc.

Given this (if I'm wrong please correct me), does the party pursue, if so who is going?

One WereRat is 60 feet away from the party due North. The other Wererat is 60 feet away to the N-W.

(One astral construct charge attack pending)}

Bront

The man with the probe
"I'd think we best go after them" Juliana says as she looks for one in the distance, "But I can't see much of anything in the trees down there. Hallidor, do you think these rats are related to your friend we met earlier in Orussus?"

If Juliana can make one of them out, she will charge it with an attempt to trip. Otherwise, she can not do much to what she can not see.

Juliana sighs inwardly. She did not perform well in combat, and dispite a party victory, she feels inwardly defeated.

Xael

First Post
Almayce bites his teeth together, but manages not to display his annoyance otherwise. "Let them go, we'll never catch them in this darkness. We'll meet them again later, but let's lick our wounds for now.", he says.

Almayce uses one charge of his Wand of Cure Light Wounds at himself and two charges at Rasereit healing 1d8+1 points per charge (1d8+1 Almayce, 2d8+2 Rasereit).

*If only they come back, they're idiots. If they went to get reinforcements, we'd better rest now and get ready.*

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We are afraid that they will simply wait an hour or two and then return again. They were barely wounded at all and we have lost health, every last ounce of this one's power reserve, and I would guess from observing the battle many of the others' magic spells as well."

Xael

First Post
"We won't have any advantage if we should try to catch them in a pitch black forest now, instead of being healed and prepared for their return later.", Almayce says. "But I expect them to get back. Unfortunately they might not do so alone, but it will take time if they decide to fetch allies.", he continues.

Last edited:

two

First Post
Bront said:
"I'd think we best go after them" Juliana says as she looks for one in the distance, "But I can't see much of anything in the trees down there. Hallidor, do you think these rats are related to your friend we met earlier in Orussus?"

If Juliana can make one of them out, she will charge it with an attempt to trip. Otherwise, she can not do much to what she can not see.

Juliana sighs inwardly. She did not perform well in combat, and dispite a party victory, she feels inwardly defeated.

http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2333567&postcount=100

"runt" is the key term.

rln

Explorer
Ogrin, 12/17 HP

Ogrin shakes his head wearily. "'m in no state to follow, can't see in the dark and they're faster than me. Believe me, noone wants to hunt them down more than me. Now, can someone help me with these bolts?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads