• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana 'flails' at Stinker again. "Flee while you can. Once your stinky friend is done, you're next" she says in LT's general direction.

Vargo

First Post
Vargo, Human Druid (1/7hp)

Huln is currently at 6/13 hp. His attack is +4/1d6+2. Vargo will urge Huln to move in around behind Longtooth on the right, and then move in behind Huln, and do the "aid another, defensive" action - trying to increase Huln's AC by two. Vargo will probably have to do a double move this turn to get into position, so he won't be able to help Huln until the next turn.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, 8 HP, AC: 17

A newly invigorated Razh gives another bestial roar as his grievous wounds suddenly close. He is an angry dwarf. And Stinker is on the other end of his axe.

OOC: 5' step to the open space above Stinker, intimidate (demoralize, +4) and attack (+6 to hit, 1d10+4 damage).

two

First Post

I13: Razh moves 5’, into the spot nicely vacated by Almayce, and attacks Stinker (per previous post, Stinker was the target of his attacks). Stinker is without Dex, and Razh is presumably grumpy. “19” indicates a most definite hit. “12” points of damage = 8 points of real damage, and Stinker is massively, insanely unhappy. And more than that, he’s nearly pulped to a bloody mass. He goes limp in Hallidor’s arms, transforming as he dies into a short, rather attractive man with gentle eyes and a distinct look of confusion – which he carries with him to the other world.

*sigh*

It doesn't look good for my little furry friends.

Any action modifications?

Last edited:

two

First Post
Round 18 -- the Battle gets Complicated

I13: Z is Z’ing.

I6: Juliana steps towards LongTooth and lays the smack down. With a “2” Juliana’s smack is whacked, i.e. not accurate, and misses.

I6: Almayce heals Z? Does something.

I1: Huln moves around and flanks, and Vargo double moves next to Huln. Huln attacks, and hits due to the flanking….doing “1” point of real damage. Trip attack: 3/9 no trip.

Round 18: (the longest battle eva)

LongTooth 20
Hallidor 20
Ogrin 16
Raz 13
Zaeryl 13
Juliana 6
Almayce 6
Vargo & Wolf 1

I20: LongTooth speaks:

“You fools. You think that because you have killed my underlings that you have won. You have not. You have not even won this battle. You may mark my words, I will be back… you will see me again, if it’s not tonight it’s in the morning, or the next day, or in your dreams….and nightmares…why I have not much more than a scratch, your weapons are laughable… in a word, your resistance has been... pathetic”

Then LongTooth double moves in a straight line the only place he can, down and to the left somewhat – but not completely into the darkness, which some of your might find curious.

He still has quite a smarmy look to his face, and with one hand he beckons you, as if to say: “whoever has the cajones, let he (or she) advance.”

Hallidor, looking both bloody and rather weary from his wrassling, and without his trusty heavy mace, looks to Razh, Juliana, and Vargo for some indication of how to proceed.

Wow, Zaeryl is now up and about. I mean, he's down and prone and weaponless, but you know what I mean. So, what's Z doing on round 18?

Attachments

• boothill_battle_18.jpg
    boothill_battle_18.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 85
  • boothill_battle_18_2.jpg
    boothill_battle_18_2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Shouldn't Juliana get an Attack of Opertunity on his second square of movement? A withdrawl action only protects you for the 1st 5' step. She'd make a trip attempt as her attack.

Xael

First Post
Round 17: Almayce heals Zaeryl with his wand of CLW for 9 points. That should bring him back up.

Round 18: "Shoot him.", Almayce says bluntly after Longtooth continues his boasting. (No other actions for now, I'll wait and see what happens).

OOC: And yes, Juliana should get an AoO by the rules.

two

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: Shouldn't Juliana get an Attack of Opertunity on his second square of movement? A withdrawl action only protects you for the 1st 5' step. She'd make a trip attempt as her attack.

Completely missed that subtlety in the rules.

You are right; Juliana smirks and smacks LongTooth with an AOO on the second square of his move, easily entangling his legs, but with a limber hop, skip, and jump, he wriggles free (20 vs. 2 indicates LongTooth had it relatively easy).

Remove ads