[Adventure] Madness at Gardmore Abbey

OOC: Ouch!

The monk concentrates and shoots straight up for the concealing stones of the breach. Unfortunately, he fails to stop on time and breaks through the stones which fly around and clatter on the ground. For the moment, he's clearly visible over the wall before falling back down and disappearing into the underbrush.

"Run!" he whispers to the kobold as he breezes by all-out-running from the scene

Stealth; Perception (1d20+14=15, 1d20+13=32) - good perception, I hope it was worth it :p

Stealth (1d20+14=33) - apply what penalties there are for running while trying stealth.
[MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION], maybe Papolstaanes could try and hide our tracks (rushed job by necessity) - just in case there are orcs who track better then they see :(

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas is startled by Drew's sudden flight--both over the wall and then away--but attempts to hide the traces of their passage before the orcs can react.

[sblock=Stealth 23]Stealth
9(1d20) +14 = 23
trying to cover for Drew as best he can and get back to the group.[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
The orcs on the other side of the wall appear to be oblivious to the sound of the stones falling from the wall. From the spot Drew notices a large number of orcs. He estimates their population to be around 150 humanoids including orcs, half-orcs, and hobgoblins as well as a few giants including ogres and an ettin along with a handful of dire wolves.

Deciding to quickly head back before he is spotted, Drew falls back and joins the rest of the group along with Pap.

Mewness

First Post
OOC: Hooray for oblivious orcs! I guess it's the breach in the wall, then?

"I didn't see anything that looked like a secret entrance," Papolstaanas whispers when he gets back, although it seems unlikely that the highly unperceptive orcs would hear him if he spoke at normal volume. "But there's an overgrown gap in the wall we can get through. I-I think there's a lot of them, though. Orcs, I mean."

"I've got a good look at them, I'd say around 150 various orcs, orc-kin and various goblinoids, several big wolves, an ettin and a group of ogres. We have to go through the breach, but it might be a problem for those less silent then we are. There are wolves in there. Nobody sneaks by the beasts easily.

I'd say we need a distraction of some kind, but I'm open to better ideas."

Dekana

Explorer
Eva, who has been trying her best to behave herself and not prance around like the crazed elf she is, speaks up.

"Oh, I have an idea! I can magic up some loud noises near the entrance to draw the orcs there. Then we can just walk through that breach." Eva then flashes a devilish smile. "Of course, if anyone sees me or if the orcs don't all go to the entrance, we'll just have to kill the lot of them."

OOC: I'm thinking of using Ghost Sound to make noises near the entrance. It has a range of 10, so Eva has to get fairly close to cast the spell.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"How about I go there and start screaming about the attack from the back? If they speak common, as I expect they do due to mix of races, nobody will suspect an orc or some goblinoid. I'm good with masks. Eva could then produce the sound somewhere further behind. But Eva, you would have to move quickly and silently, there is no point creating a distraction if they manage to catch you afterwards."

OOC: Does anyone in the party know that Illarion is a changeling? I know I played with several of the players, but not sure about characters that know his "secret"

Dekana

Explorer
"I'll do my best!" Eva says not very reassuringly.

OOC: Eva isn't really great at stealth, but I wouldn't say she's terrible either (+4). She might have some bonuses for distance and the orcs may have penalties for being an unruly mob. Maybe someone could assist her as well?

Edit: And I don't believe Eva knows Illarion's secret.

[sblock=Eva stats]Eva- Female Elf Mage 6
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 13
AC:22, Fort:20, Reflex:23, Will:19, Resist: 3 ongoing damage -- Speed:7
HP:50/50, Bloodied:25, Surge Value:12, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +4
Action Points: 0

Shadow Skeleton (not summoned)
AC:22, Fort:20, Reflex:23, Will:19, Immune: disease, poison -- Speed:6
HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:0/0
Attack: +12 vs AC, 2d8+5 damage and the target cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: +14 vs AC, 2d8+7 damage and the target cannot shift until the end of its next turn.

Conditions

Powers
Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Hypnotism, Restless Dead, Magic Missile
Color Orb, Color Spray, Darkening Flame, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, Shield, Spook, Winged Step
Power Jewel, Summon Dretch, Summon Shadow Servant

[sblock=spellbook]Encounter (2): Color Spray (3), Cordon of Bones (3), Darkening Flame (1), Ray of Enfeeblement (1)
Daily (2): Glitterdust (5), Spirit Rend (1), Summon Dretch (1), Summon Shadow Servant (5)
Utility (2): Shield (2), Summon Iron Cohort (5), Summon Shadow Serpent (2), Winged Step (5)[/sblock]Notes: +2 damage rolls vs bloodied targets, gain CA in first turn, no OAs from ranged/area attacks, melee 2 reach with staff.[/sblock]

Last edited:

"Maybe we should leave noise making to something mundane? I can move both swiftly and silently, I can go with the sorcerer. It will be especially useful if he gets de-masked in his attempt. Do you have proper clothing Illarion? We should steal some before you attempt anything, if for nothing else then for the smell, since they have wolves in there."

OOC: Drew knows nothing :)

Remove ads