[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

Atriden

First Post
Garry, whom has been awkwardly silent since his encounter with the group finally speaks " Hmm, I'd say we circle the building to check all possible entrances. We might get lucky and find other means to enter the building "

OOC: Perception check 17

[sblock=OOC]
I am al right with the marching order
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"We should check out the back window as well." Bann-ur says, pointing to the faint light he sees (at L4). "If some can get in through the window, perhaps others could distract the guard with a loud argument. As long as it is not so roudy as to summon the watch or get any of the distractors locked up as well." the goliath whispers to the others.

DC12 Perception check (1d20+5=24)

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Garry has the best stealth if I am not mistaken. Want to check out the window while we hang back, just in case someone is there? :)
[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
" While you chums figure out what to do, I'll go and see what is behind that window over there ". Unless someone stops Garry, he sneaks to the window Bann-ur pointed out and takes a look inside.
[sblock=OOC]
Well, I can try ;) but it is a bit risky, he ain't a rogue. Here it goes! Got 24 on his stealth roll!
[/sblock]

samursus

Explorer
Ferris growls quietly "I'm getting too old for this ..."

[sblock=Perception 22] 1d20+4=22 [/sblock]

He keeps his attention on the darkened window he noticed and the guard, looking for any signs that they have been detected.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
"We should check out the back window as well." Bann-ur says, pointing to the faint light he sees (at L4). "If some can get in through the window, perhaps others could distract the guard with a loud argument. As long as it is not so roudy as to summon the watch or get any of the distractors locked up as well." the goliath whispers to the others.

Jezebel whispers back to Bann-ur, "Right, I'm with you for that. We'll just have to distract him for a few moments since it looks like Garry is moving fast on his own." She glances at the guard again, taking note of his age. "He looks like a young one. Maybe a lover's quarrel would be enough to take his attention?"

Still whispering, Jezebel puts on a mocking imitation of a tragic voice. "Bann-ur, I don't care if you're the father. I love Alnar!"

pacdidj

First Post
In the Alley

Garry slips around the corner into the alleyway. It takes him almost half a minute moving silently, with care in these low-visibility conditions.

[sblock="Garry, Perception 14 with a -2 penalty"]As you move into the alley way you notice what look like steps, possibly leading up to a back door into the office.[/sblock]
He creeps up to the back window. He immediately notices that candles are still lit around the office. Scanning the room quickly, he realizes why. One Customs clerk has apparently remained after closing to finish up some of her paperwork. She is an elderly woman, and seems to have difficulty seeing and getting about. Garry is careful to remain at the edge of the window sill, and she doesn't notice him peering in. As Garry watches she picks up a candle from the desk on the south side of the room, and moves over toward a chest in the front of the office.

Garry's view

On the Street

Your party remains far enough from the guard that he doesn't see you yet, or notice your whispered mock-quarrel over the high wind.

Everyone else's view

Attachments

• E 1b r2.jpg
    E 1b r2.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 111
  • E 1b r2 - Garry's View.jpg
    E 1b r2 - Garry's View.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 103

Atriden

First Post
Moving towards the window, Garry notices a possible back door but before inspecting it, takes a look into the window and notices the old lady. He awaits to see if she opens the chest, takes note of what is in it and how she opens it.

Before he continues his exploration of the possible back door, he signals the others that he has seen something and wants to check it out. If there is a back door he inspects if it is locked, silently off course and checks if there are any other entrances close to the door. Then he moves back to the others and tells them what he has discovered.

OOC: Makes perception check, got

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC/tactics]So this skill challenge is open ended as far as what skills are useable? As long as we find some way to make whatever work, then go for it? Just checking. Because while the distracting lover's quarel is exactly what I had in mind, Bann-ur's Bluff check is in the negatives. In fact, his only positive skill numbers are Athletics, Endurance, Nature, and Perception. Not sure yet how to use any of those in a lovers quarel scenario. Also, we didn't plan on anybody being inside. I only figured on keeping the sound up outside so that any sound inside wouldn't be heard. Now I'm not sure how we bypass the lady inside unless we back off and wait for her to leave at least. Bann-ur could maybe grab the guard and keep him from sounding the alarm, but that's not a skill challenge.[/sblock]
Hearing from Garry that there is a woman inside the office already, Bann-ur shakes his head in frustration. "Not so simple things are now. Grab the guard I may be able to do and keep him from sounding alarm. But if lady comes out front door she could sound alarm. If we do not wait for her to leave, then we would have to stop them both at the same time. Unless our diversion can draw lady out as well while someone goes in back door if it is unlocked..."

Luinnar

First Post
She is old, maybe she is hard of hearing too and won't hear us breaking in the back door? Looks like we will have to knock out the guard and guard or destroy the bell though.

Remove ads