[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

samursus

Explorer
[sblock=ooc] I think we need to see what the old lady does. I am sure no one (except perhaps Jezebel) wants to hurt an old lady. If she leaves we can try to sneak in the back way, or even a window. Ferris wouldn't be keen on beating the guard senseless.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I think we need to see what the old lady does. I am sure no one (except perhaps Jezebel) wants to hurt an old lady. If she leaves we can try to sneak in the back way, or even a window. Ferris wouldn't be keen on beating the guard senseless.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]I agree. We might want be able to bluff our way out if she finds us however.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I agree. We might want be able to bluff our way out if she finds us however.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]You might be able to bluff your way out, but Bann-ur couldn't Bluff his way out of a wet paper sack. :confused: Unless he can use a Nature check or something to lie convicingly about some impending natural disaster that is obviously coming after this torrential dounpour of rain. How that would get the guard or the woman to desert their posts, I'm not sure.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Still whispering, Jezebel puts on a mocking imitation of a tragic voice. "Bann-ur, I don't care if you're the father. I love Alnar!"
[sblock=Totally OOC and off topic]Just the image of this made me smile: So the hulking Goliath loves the heavily armed and armored Tiefling and wants to be a good father to their baby, but she's in love with the human sorcerer. :confused::eek::-S

Where is Jerry Springer when we need him?!

'Next on Jerry Springer! Two-timing Tieflings and the men they seduce with their wicked ways!'[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=Plan]
Well, I do have a suggestion to what we could do.
1. Jezebell seduces or distracts the guard away from us. Just a couple of squares away from the bell.
2. We all surprise attack the guard ( Do non-lethal damage against the guard) and perhaps our Goliath grabs him to make sure he doesn't run to ring the bell.
3. If the old lady in the house hears the commotion and comes out, we tell her that he was mugged and we saved him ( someone with a high bluff bonus = Alnar )
4. We move towards the house while we carry the injured guard and tell her that is vital that we enter the house so we can quickly tend to his wounds.
5. We either knock her out as soon as we are inside or when she is in range. We could try to deceive her further but that is a bit risky.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Totally OOC and off topic]
Hahaha, I never thought of it that way! Man, I can already imagine it :D
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
In the Alleyway

As Garry watches, the elderly woman deposits a large, bound volume in the chest in the front of the room then proceeds to put out the candles mounted on the walls, leaving the one in her hand the only light source in the room. She turns to head toward the back door...

[sblock="ooc"]I'm gonna belay Garry's search of the alleyway for now, since he sees the old woman headed in the direction of where he thinks the door is, and I'm assuming he doesn't want her to catch him snooping around the back door.[/sblock]

Garry's View

On the Street

[sblock="Low-light vision, or Perception 15"]As your group discusses your tactics one of Daunton's finest strolls into view. It might look suspicious to be loitering in the middle of the road on a rainy night.[/sblock]

[sblock="ooc - tactics"]So far this skill challenge is open-ended. I do have a mechanic for stealth/guard distraction if your party chooses that route. You're also welcome to try to knock the guard out, but you will need to roll high initiative and land the first blow to keep him from calling out for help.

Also, keep in mind, I'm considering full success in this encounter to be pulling off the caper while leaving no evidence behind. Otherwise Berekis, your potential benefactor will have the law on his tail, and might not be as grateful as he otherwise would. Of course, you don't necessarily have to tell him you did the deed sloppily, and cast suspicion on him, but I'm thinking the more ethically-minded among your party might have problems with this. It's not nice to make trouble for people who help you, even if they are smugglers. ;)

[sblock="Wisdom 18"]If you opt for knocking the guard out, you'd probably want to make it look like he was knocked out for some reason other than breaking into the office...[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Everyone Else's View

Attachments

• E 1b r3.jpg
    E 1b r3.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 104
  • E 1b r3 - Garry's View.jpg
    E 1b r3 - Garry's View.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=Plan]That sounds pretty good to me, Atriden. Although then our faces will be known and we may face repurcusions later.

For Jezebel occupying the guards attention, I reccomend her being 'injured' and needing help. Falling down just inside the radius of good light, say around row G or H in column -12 should do nicely. Thats a good 11 squares away from the bell. If the other 3 or 4 of us are lined up against the building in the dark area still (say column 0, rows H, I, J, and K), then if we are lucky enough for him to move away from his post, we can get between him and the bell. Then we just have to shut him up and deal with the old woman. And I like the idea of knocking to ask her for help with the 'mugged' guard. Especially if while a couple of our least threatening looking members come in the front door (getting help from the woman to support the guard in order to occupy her hands), the rest can maybe come in the back door or window if either is possible.[/sblock]Bann-ur proposes a bit of theatre to the others (see the plan detailed above) to see what they think of his idea. "Trying to seduce a guard away is such an old trick that he might be guarded against it. But seeing a female in trouble will often cause a man to act with less than usual thought. We move in then and between him and his alarm we get. Then just keep him quiet and perhaps even knock on the door to request assistance for the guard who has fallen to some misfortune. Probably best it would be if only one or two of our most harmless were seen by the woman if this came to pass. Less threatening that would be and more likely to let us in to ease the guard's pain."

[sblock=OOC- Ninja'd by the DM post!]Okay, put all plans on hold to see if the woman leaves the premises and maybe the guard does too. But Garry needs to come tell us it looks like she's leaving and then we need to get out of the middle of the street because we don't know which way she's headed and a loitering crowd might draw her attention! Maybe scatter a bit to watch which way she goes as well?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=Plan's]
Phoenix said:
For Jezebel occupying the guards attention, I reccomend her being 'injured' and needing help. Falling down just inside the radius of good light, say around row G or H in column -12 should do nicely. Thats a good 11 squares away from the bell.

I like your idea. My only fear is though that he rings the bell before coming to her aid.

Just a thought, I could turn into my beastform and surprise attack the old woman as she leaves the mansion, knock her out cold. While all this happens, you guys could create some commotion. If I miss, I could always run away and meet you guys at the dock.

Or we follow her home until we find a good place to mug her. We steal her key to the house and do our business at the customs office and then return the key to her as soon as possible.

Or we could wait till she has left the premises and we mug the guard, as soon as the other guard leaves, but I am afraid he doesn't have a key to the house.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Perception 15 (I might have missed this roll, do I get a -2 because of the rain?)

If I do make the roll my character will point out it and tell the party to scatter.

We could wait and just break in the back door if the old lady leaves. I could melt off the locks with acid orb or something, even if we do force the door the guard probably won't hear because of the storm.

Also, can you do non-lethal damage with powers or only melee attacks?
[/sblock]

samursus

Explorer
Ferris notices the guard coming and warns the others...

"I hope Garry comes back soon with some good news... we need to get things moving. If there is another entrance to this place, a side window or a back door, that is how I suggest we get in. Is anyone good with locks?"

[sblock=Wisdom 15: Fail] 1d20+4=15 [/sblock]

Remove ads