[Adventure]: Murder at Midnight (DM: renau1g, Judge Ozy)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC: this may be getting too much for the sneaky team to handle by themselves. The wolfsbane-gathering team could take over some of the targets from them, maybe?

renau1g

First Post

Actually it's as much of crime scenes as we can realistically search and Vilk's home AND WORKPLACE.

[sblock=OOC]You mean the judge's home and workplace, right?

Though Vilk's home and workplace are good things to add to the list. Even if he doesn't frequent either anymore, we might be able to break in and find some useful info.[/sblock]

OOC: Just remember, Vilk was exiled many, many years ago, he doesn't have a home or workplace here, so is the think-tank team going to look at the murder sites or going to find out information?

OOC: As we are late, I would start to go in a tavern. I would go find one near one crime site, preferably one that is known to travel, and I would pretend to be a friend of that person (beinga relative, as there is no dwarf or Eladrin as victim would be hard). If Ryado could fill Eloan with as much background as possible on the victime before going would greatly help.

"What do you know about the victims? I mean there personal background." asks Eloan to Raydo.

Ryado thinks for a moment, then replies, "Well, 10 of the 14 were the relatives of rival adventurers of his youth, they were grand-children of the rivals, seemingly innocent victims. The merchant and his son operated the general store on the island, a staple of the island for years. He was well respected, an halfling, an affable fellow. The elven information broker worked to keep an eye on the portals and fed information to her contacts on Bacarte of easy marks to fleece. The last was a cleric of Netari. A dragonborn. The cleric was a stranger before he arrived, a survivor of a shipwreck and he washed ashore on the island. " he replies.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Things like examining crime scenes doesn't really require stealth, just a decent Perception I would think. So those are a possibility for another group to take over.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I meant judges house and work place, not Vilks, it's just that was what I talked about and someone threw in the name and I copied it without thinking :)

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, let's get to see what the people have seen. At that hour, we will find an inn still open with action near the crime site of the dragonborn." and Eloan leave the hideout with 7 Rabbit.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Before leaving, 7 Rabbit has some more questions for Raydo.

"Can you think of any other rivals Vilk had in his youth, who might still have descendents here? In fact, it would be helpful if you can tell us anything else at all about Vilk's history. And his star sign."

To Eloan, he says, "These 4 who weren't rivals are interesting. What motive does he have to kill them? We should investigate them first.

The elf keeps an eye on the portals, he said - maybe Vilk wanted to be able to prey on other lands unwatched. Or maybe she simply tried to fleece him. If she elf was an information broker, maybe she has colleagues who have taken over for her who we could question."

renau1g

First Post
Before leaving, 7 Rabbit has some more questions for Raydo.

"Can you think of any other rivals Vilk had in his youth, who might still have descendents here? In fact, it would be helpful if you can tell us anything else at all about Vilk's history. And his star sign."

To Eloan, he says, "These 4 who weren't rivals are interesting. What motive does he have to kill them? We should investigate them first.

The elf keeps an eye on the portals, he said - maybe Vilk wanted to be able to prey on other lands unwatched. Or maybe she simply tried to fleece him. If she elf was an information broker, maybe she has colleagues who have taken over for her who we could question."

"well, the only rivals that I could locate were the ancestors of the 10 that were killed. It was nearly 40 years ago that he was exiled, there aren't many left with memories stretching that far back. As for the others, well, the information broker had been the one who sold him the location of the tomb where the botched mission occurred, the merchant and his son had acted as witnesses in the trial, and the cleric failed to heal the wounds of his companions. As for his star sign..... that I don't know. " Ryado replies

Remove ads