[Adventure]: Murder at Midnight (DM: renau1g, Judge Ozy)

renau1g

First Post
"Fulcrum... He had me confused for a moment." Elaon tells, pointing Papolstaanas. "That's just as good for me. What teh backstory of Vilk?"

"Vilk was always quite private about his past life before coming here to Daunton. He didn't offer and I didn't pry, we all have demons in our past that we'd soon forget. I consulted him often on matters of research. He was quite brilliant, but his body had begun to fail him lately, so when he mentioned he had to return to his home to settle some matters, I assumed at the time he wanted to take care of his will and other personal matters. I fear I may have been wrong. Is there anything you would like to know specifically?" the eldarin states

"What, you don't want to pay us to kill your old friend?" Tristan says with a smile and a short chuckle.
[sblock=Insight]Insight (1d20+6=8)[/sblock]
"Though if our quarry were a wereboar, would it not have left hoof prints instead of paw prints?"

"Ah yes, quite right my good elf, quite right indeed. You seem well suited for this task. I'm sure that once you arrive there will be some clues to nail down exactly the nature of the beast" Veruzak replies

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'm not good at subduing, but I'll do my best. I also know one shifter who is more wolf then man and he rides dire wolf so they might make an impression of lycanthrope where there is not. As for full moon...plenty of superstition and real rituals center around it."

comments the elf

renau1g

First Post
"What was his expertise so you would need to consult him?" asks Eloan.

"Vilk was an expert in transmutation studies, I have frequently consulted him on many matters." the eladrin states.

"I'm not good at subduing, but I'll do my best. I also know one shifter who is more wolf then man and he rides dire wolf so they might make an impression of lycanthrope where there is not. As for full moon...plenty of superstition and real rituals center around it." comments the elf

"That is a good point, there are potential reasons that are not of the were-variety." Veruzak replies with a nod

"Are there any in particular we should speak to in Fulcrum, either to find out more about Vilk or these attacks?" Tristan asks.

"I'm not too familiar with the location, but I have a man there already looking into things, Ryado Erudyta is his name and he will meet you at the docks upon your arrival to the Isle." he says.

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas nods, eager to visit Fulcrum again. He only hopes that this isn't another trap. But then, it really wouldn't do to suspect everyone who tries to hire him of wanting to catch him in interdimensional trap in order to kill him, would it? It would be so depressing to be always suspecting that of people. And really, there can't be that many people with access to interdimensional traps, can there? Well, so long as his own family doesn't get hold of one somehow, he should be reasonably safe.

He looks around and notices 7 Rabbit. That's funny, they're going off to the Isle of Opposition and here's a dwarf dressed like a Magari. Rather a lot like a Magari, actually. In fact, he probably is a Magari. Papolstaanas can't help but examine 7 Rabbit's colorful outfit with keen interest.

Velmont

First Post
"Is he a wizard of some sort or simply a scholar? If we have to meet him, that knowledge would greatly help our safety if you are right." asks Eloan.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I forgot to put that in my first post. A streetwise DC 25 (Add +5 if your are familiar with the nobles of Daunton, add another +5 if you are familiar with Daunton's watch) allow you to know:

[SBLOCK=Streetwise 25]Eloan is a member of a noble eladrin family of Daunton reknown for their military acts. Eloan is a shame for the family as he can hardly handle a sword.

He has been an officier in the watch for 10 years. His rank was given to him by his father and he has been treated with disrespect by the watch, even as a coward. But his family heritage and the lack of major mistake during his guards have allowed him to last that long before he quit the watch by himself.[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari stands quietly. Still mildly brooding on being mistaken for a mercenary who can't follow orders, she nearly misses the slight hesitation in Veruzak's voice.

"Sir," she says, seizing a lull in the conversation to finally speak, "Is there anything we should know about the victims, or any indication that someone in particular is in danger?"[sblock=Insight Check]Insight: 19(1d20) +8 = 27[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil listens patiently, taking notes while trying to move closer to Veruzak, as others asked their questions. After Kaeysari asks hers, the human leans in and asks one of his own quietly. Could I speak with you after everyone has left?

Robes rustle as Gil steps away and allows the eladrin to answer Kaeysari.

OOC: Insight 25 Roll lookup

Remove ads