• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! Part 2 (Judge: EvolutionKB)

nerdytenor

First Post
"I hope you survive to learn your lesson Mr. Dwarf. Arrogance and violence is never the way. Violence should only be used in self defense."

"Ah, we're to have a lesson, are we?" Acre speaks, his grin widening. "Well then. I hope we are all alive to learn whatever lessons you, or perhaps we, are capable of teaching." Acre steps next to the minotaur and pounds it with the edge of his greatspear, being careful not to kill it in the process. He attempts to use his empathic gifts to channel positve energy toward Knoepf.

[sblock=Actions]
No (or perhaps minor?) action - use diplomacy (at DMs discretion) to not-so-subtly convince opponents not to kill us if we lose - Diplomacy 30

If min 2 is alive, shift and attack it. Otherwise, attack minotaur 1.
Energizing strike (augment 2) hits AC 25 for 22 (non lethal) damage. If hit, Knoepf can spend a surge.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Acre Stat Block]
Acre Hills, Half-Elf Ardent 6
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 14
AC 22, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 19 (base defenses)
HP 56/56 +3 TMP Bloodied 28 Surge Value 14, Surges 11/11
Speed 5, Initiative +4
Power Points: 2/4 Action Points: 1

Current Effects
none

Encounter Resources
USED First Ardent Surge
Second Ardent Surge
Ardent Outrage
Dimension Swap
USED Body Adjustment
Blazing Starfall
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Battleborn Acuity
Persistent Veil
Brooch of No Regrets
Bloodthirst Bracers
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bonuses for Acre's allies]
Within 10 of acre: +1 to Diplomacy
Within 5 of acre: +4 bonus to opportunity attack damage rolls and +2 (additional) to Diplomacy and Intimidate.
When acre spends a surge, an ally within 5 of acre can either gain 5 tmp hp or make a saving throw.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
With a grim visage on his face, Garrick focuses on tending his wounds and defending himself as he desesperatedly tries to find a suitable strategy against these foes.

"You've made your point in this being a waste", Garrick tells the warforged as he defends himself. "And since we're all actually interested in taking down that sorcerer, don't you think we could forget about this? I see no point in fighting against ourselves, and I think we've bashed ourselves enough already for a little insult" he adds with a little hope on his voice. While he wasn't ready to admit defeat already, this fight had already turned into something far more serious than a simple bar fight, and he felt that his side was losing.

He then addresses the dwarven cleric, "There's one thing I just don't get now," he continues as he maneouvers around the minotaurs and the hobgoblin. "If he has warriors this good, why hasn't he dealt with that sorcerer already?"

Thank you Master Garrick! Knoepf says in agreement as he glares at the warforged, growing tired of hearing the warforged preach as Knoepf continues to take a beating from the flanking minotaurs.

That my friend is a good question. Judging by their actions I'm thinking that Merrick might be working with the guy. Of course, I might not be thinking clearly at the present moment. Even though he is in terrible pain Knoepf still manages to chuckle at his last remark.

Malehan kick the Hobgoblin near to him in the guts. The hobgoblin is knocked back a few feet before he can recover his balance. Alone against the Minautor again, he slash at the big creature, this time connecting. "Better." And without slowing his movement, he slash again at the Minotaur, giving him a second serious wounds before both teleport farther.

Knoepf watches in awe as Malehan goes to work on the to his right. Well done!...well done!

Responding to the warforged...

Your flaw in your statement is that you are confusing arrogance with impatience. As I've said before, we have little time to complete our mission. As for violence, it was you that started this whole mess when you stopped me as my group was about to leave. If you would have left us alone we'd be gone by now searching for others to help our cause!

He then turns to scan the battle field. Finding noone in any threat, other than himself and wiith the minotaur to his right out of the picture for now, Knoepf now focuses on the one to his left. Muttering a short prayer he attempts to penatrate the will of the giant beast, but cannot. Knoepf shakes his head angerly.

Vex continue to swing her greatsword in wide, sweeping arcs- to a casual observer it might have looked like a wild flailing about, but her blows seemed to be landing with more accuracy than random chance.

"Ah, we're to have a lesson, are we?" Acre speaks, his grin widening. "Well then. I hope we are all alive to learn whatever lessons you, or perhaps we, are capable of teaching." Acre steps next to the minotaur and pounds it with the edge of his greatspear, being careful not to kill it in the process. He attempts to use his empathic gifts to channel positve energy toward Knoepf.

A Goblin comes out of the corner back room and comes down the corridor. He whistles loudly.

Minotaur 1 commands the rest of the thugs "Everyone! Defensive position three.". It then moves away to the Goblin, and starts whispering with it.

The rest of the Thugs move away from the PCs towards the Goblin.

"Well, it's obvious that you are either delusional or a liar. Either way, I will have nothing more to do with you sir." the Warforged says to Knoepf as it walks away.

The patrons quiet down. They appear confused.

[sblock=OOC]
Terrain: The tables and chair squares are difficult terrain. To go horizontally or vertically through a round table is just difficult terrain. To go diagonally through a round table or to cross over a rectangular table is both difficult terrain, and a DC 15 Athletics or Acrobatics check. Failure means that the PC slips and falls prone in the starting square and that ends his move action. For example, going from square M9 to O9 is a check and if it fails, the PC is prone in M9 and the move action is finished. The tables also provide cover from ranged attacks for those standing within or adjacent to a table/chair square in the opposing direction (e.g. F13 has cover from I8, but I8 doesn't have cover from F13).

Map guide: A yellow triangle indicates some type of condition or effect (marked, stunned, etc.). A blue circle indicates prone. A little red dot indicates bloodied.

Malehan hits Minotaur 2 for 24 and 24 and kills it.

Note: Velmont, I need to know if you are killing the minotaur, or just knocking it unconscious.

Garrick takes a break.

Knoepf misses Minotaur 1.

Divine Guidance for Bane vs. Minotaur 1, 18 misses

Note: I assume that Knoepf is shifting first and attacking second so that he doesn't provoke an Opportunity Attack.

Vex hits Hobgoblin 1 for 14 and Hobgoblin 3 for 4.

Acre misses Minotaur 1.

Goblin comes out.

Hobgoblin 1 takes 14 damage from Rain of Steel. Hobgoblin 1 shifts the rest of the thugs away from the PCs. Hobgoblin 1 shifts away from Vex. Vex misses Hobgoblin 1 with Combat Challenge. Hobgoblin 1 moves away.

Combat Challenge, natural 1

The rest of the Thugs move away.

The Warforged moves away.

Vex 48/61, cover against Gnoll 2
Goblin (Gob)
Hobgoblin 1 (Hob 1), 47, bloodied, marked by Vex
Hobgoblin 2 (Hob 2), 5
Hobgoblin 3 (Hob 3), 18
Hobgoblin 4 (Hob 4), cursed
Minotaur 1 (Min 1). cursed, Oath of Enmity
Minotaur 2 (Min 2), 113, dead
Gnoll 1 (Gno 1)
Gnoll 2 (Gno 2), 15
Warforged (War)
Patrons
Acre 56/56, 3 temporary hit points
Malehan 62/62
Garrick 47/57
Knoepf 25/50, bloodied

It's the PC's turns.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 1e.jpg
    Encounter 1e.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 99

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf stops and then shouts quickly to Vex, just as it appears that she's ready to charge her next foe. Vex! Stand down! Come over here if you would please.

To the goblin boss knoepf states. Can we stop with the bloodshed? Yes, our enterence to your establishment could have been handled better. You have made that perfectly clear. Knoepf winces as he feels the bruises on his head from the powerful minotaur attacks. As an act of good faith, I'd like to heal the wounded from both sides, with your permission of course. Then, if you are willing, we can talk about the urgent matter in which both of us have a vested interest.

ooc: diplomacy check: 1d20+10 = 25

pathfinderq1

First Post
For a moment, it seemed as if Vex had not heard Knoepf's shout- she took one long step in pursuit of the fleeing thugs, but then stopped and turned to move closer to her own allies. "Cowards," she said in disgust to the remaining thugs, first in Common and then a bit louder in Goblin, loud enough for everyone in the vicinity to hear. She made no move to sheathe her sword, but after her first salvo, she simply stood ready in case the dwarf's negotiation should fail...

[sblock= OOC]
>Move= to H8
>Standard= ready action (Trigger= any opponent makes an attack; action= charge that opponent with Howling Strike)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
In case anyone was waiting for a response by the goblin to Knoepf, don't.

We are still in combat and I still need everyone to post what they are doing. I specifically need Velmont's response on whether Mal killed the Hobgoblin or not.
[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
"Very well then", says Garrick as he slowly moves towards the door. "It was a pleasure dancing with you people."

Then, in goblin, he adds, "There was no need for this fight. I hope there's no hard feelings."

With that, he prepares himself to leave the place.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Slide 1 to I-7
Standard: Move to N-7
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Malehan, seeing a stop in the fight, decide to simply move a bit around the table where he is standing next to be in reach for an half empty mug left on the table. He takes it and drink it down. "I felt thirsty."

[SBLOCK=OOC]We came to talk, and people cannot talk anymore once death, so Minotaur is unconscious.

Move: Shift to L4
Minor: Pick up a mug
Standard: Drink the mug down.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
"Ah, that was fun," Acre says amiable. "These warriors are most capable, wouldn't you agree friends?" he adds diplomatically, stepping next to Mal.

[sblock=Actions]
Move to L5.
Diplomacy 21
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The thugs move into high gear. A few of them protect the Goblin, a few check out the unconscious Minotaur, and the rest watch the party suspiciously.

The Goblin casually walks to the corner table and sits down. After whispering to the remaining Minotaur for a few more seconds, the Goblin then sits back. As if on cue, a waiter appears behind the group, bringing a pitcher and a single glass to the Goblin's table.

As the two most injured Hobgoblins struggle with dragging the unconscious Minotaur down the hallway and away, the other Minotaur and the other two Hobgoblins approach the group. The Gnolls have their bows still in hand.

"If youse wants to talk with the boss, one of you can do so. Only one. And youse gotta leave your weapons here." the Minotaur says. "Not youse." the Minotaur says, walking up to Knoepf. "Youse a troublemaker. And not youse either." the Minotaur says to Vex. "Youse wants to fight. If youse all don't want to talk with the boss, leave now."

[sblock=OOC]
Like the first time the group met with Merrick, he will only talk with one PC and then, only civily. He will not respond to shouts from across the tavern.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads