(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging]

GPEKO

First Post
A night visitor?

The group quickly goes to work in order to make the camp usable again. Sturm uses his spare scythe to cut down most of the herbs. He grumbles that this is a weapon and not some farmer tool [OOC: or not, as Guilt Puppy wishes] but the work is quickly done. The others unroot the bigger bushes, place their bedrolls, light a fire and take care of the animals. Planus even finds a small spring of clear water 50 yards or so from the campsite.

All and all, they make themselves relatively comfortable and, after some form of dinner, those not on watch quickly go to sleep or, in the elves case, ‘restful meditation’. This leaves the two humans to guard the rest of them. Two hours pass [OOC: Planus has recovered is last 2 nonlethal damage points] and the last light of the sun has completely disappeared. The night grows surprisingly cool but, with the fire, they aren’t cold. Since the moon hasn’t risen yet, Ironwolf and Devlin can't see much beyond the hedge of their small clearing.

As Ironwolf dumps another small log into the fire, he and Devlin realize that the forest is suddenly much quieter. A loud ruffling sound is heard to the north hedge of the camp and both men see a humanoid shape moving to the north, back into the forest. It (he? she?) has disappeared by the time they can react but they can still hear it moving through the forest.

OOC: Initiatives (this is a ‘surprise round’)
Humanoid Shape: 19
Ironwolf: 17
Devlin: 9

Oh, and dawn is fine for Planus' spells.

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf will full defend, while yelling out "Who goes there!" as loudly as he can, hoping the shout will wake/alert the others. He stays on his guard, knowing that if he sees one, many may be about.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin, noting his companion's actions, will draw his rapier and try to quietly make his way to his mule, where he conveniently left his crossbow.

fuzzy

First Post
Rika grabs her rapier and jumps to her feet. Whats going on here? She drops into a fighting stance and prepares to defend herself.

OOC: Has chain shirt on, she trances in it. Taking total defense.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I'll be out of town for a week. Ironwolf will happilly wade into battle if he gets the chance, but he won't leave the rest of the party to do so. He takes his responsibility to protect his companions seriously. Also, if the intruder is humanoid and Ironwolf has the luxury to do so, he will try to take him alive. If hard pressed, he'll aim for a kill. NPC him as you see fit, if things start moving rapidly.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus grabs his bow and stands up. "Who, What?" He scans the campsite looking for an intruder and also for a place to hide. With a wink, he says, "Should I go over the hill and wake the rest of our caravan?"

OOC: Spot +5, Listen +5, Bluff +4
I was going to wait until later, but it had been awhile since anyone posted so I thought I'd go ahead.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
GPEKO hasn't been around for over a month, going by the date. If you (the players) would like to end this, please discuss it amongst yourselves the best way to end it as you see fit (ie, have it run by another DM, get magically whisked back to the Red Dragon, or some other resolution). I'll go with the method you choose, if I deem it fair.

You may also want to wait for GPEKO to show up again. The choice is up to you.

Remove ads