(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging]

SlagMortar

First Post
"Look over there! It looks like some people have used this as a campsite, though not in awhile. Lets go check it out! Who built those benches, I wonder?"

SlagMortar

First Post
"Rika, I met, well met is probably the wrong word as she wasn't very talkative, but saw an elf woman back there when the horses ran off. She turned into a hawk and just flew off! Anyway, do you know the area very well? Are there many of our kind around here? I have never really known many other elves."

Patlin

Explorer
"I thought the plan was to push on in the cool of night, then rest in the day." Ironwolf rumbles. "I can't see well in the dark myself, though, I admit. Guess I'd hoped the path would be better. Do you think that cloying heat is likely to continue?"

fuzzy

First Post
"I know we planned to travel by night to escape the heat, but we're into the shaded woods now so it should be much cooler by day. Besides, isn't it better to overheat a little than to risk hurting ourselves and the horses tripping at night. If we can make it to Apple Glade by midday tommorrow, then I'm all for going on. What does everyone think?"
Rika rides over next to Planus.
"I don't know much about places outside Orussus. I've always lived there, you see. There are quite a few of our kind in the city, but I don't know that much about where else our people live. I remember some stories in my family about leaving a city called Beryl to come to Orussus. Everyone says it was ruined soon after we left, but I don't know what happed there. It might have become that Rivenblight place, though. The lady in the woods you mentioned was probably a druid. Many kinds of magics change your shape like that, but i think druids do it the best."

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
Despite his desire to reach some sort of civilization as soon as possible, Devlin sees the danger in trying to push on through the night.

"So, after we get the mounts settled and camp made, we should probably think about setting up some sort of watch schedule."

Patlin

Explorer
"Three watches, then. Sturm in the middle, if that's OK, because he can see well in the Dark and only a fool would want to mess with him. Everyone else first or second. I'll take first."

fuzzy

First Post
I'll take third watch. I can see passably in the dark, and i can kill most things out here. The rest I'll just hold off so we can team up on 'em Rika rides her horse over to the edge of the campsite and starts setting up her bedroll and gear.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"Middle watch'll work fine. Jus' make sure'n use a nice long stick when ye wake me for it, less'n ye want yer leg bit. I don' react well'n bein' woken."

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus's shoulders are still slumped a bit from the journey. "I'll take 3rd watch with Rika. I could use a bit of rest before me exertion. And I love watching the sun rise!"

OOC: I guess I hadn't decided yet, but Planus will get his spells renewed at dawn.

Remove ads