(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging]

fuzzy

First Post
Rika

That sounds good RIka dismounts her horse and tise it to a tree. She gets out her waterskin and takes a few swigs before sitting down near the sign.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
fuzzy said:
Perhaps we should slow down. I'm getting hot and tired out, at it looks like Planis and Sturm are also.

"Bah! This heat's nothin' -- I've sprint-trained at steam vents what'd make yet eyes peel. This heat, I could ride fer hours yet..."

Of course, the huffing rasp of his voice as he says this indicates otherwise...

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf looks for a shady spot with some grazing nearby, and ties up his horse there in hopes it will be comfortable. If there is a water source nearby, so much the better.

Dungannon

First Post
“Ap..e Gla…..0 m..es
B..are of t…..te..ap.”
"Okay, the first part is obviously Apple Glade. After that it appears to give the distance from here to the village. The last part looks like 'Beware of....' something. Hmm, that last part is undoubtedly going to prove important. Anyone else want to give a shot at deciphering it?"

SlagMortar

First Post
GPEKO [sblock] Is Planus familiar with ettercaps, and the Common spelling of it? He doesn't have any relevent knowledge skills except maybe Survival +7, but that probably doesn't cover it.[/sblock]

fuzzy

First Post
Rika

I don't know off the top of my head. Let me think for a minute.

OOC: Knowlege checks untrained at +2 to think of anything with a name that would fit

Patlin

Explorer
"Let's see, assuming it starts out 'Apple glade somethingorother miles, Beware of the' it looks like we're missing two letter here and two letters there."

_ _ te _ _ap

"I'm thinking the first word might be 'water.'"

Ironwolf looks around nervously. If he did find some water to tie his horse near, he draws his falchion.

GPEKO

First Post
The companions sit beneath the huge oak, in order to get some relief from the burning sun. Sturm grumbles a bit about this but he can't really continue on his own. Planus conjures a divine spell of healing to ease his problems but the spell's effects are minimal.

Ironwolf looks around for some source of water. He finds a small creek a few yards from the oak. It's almost dry and the water is muddy but it will have to do. Ironwolf brings the animals for a drink and fills out the waterskins. As he thinks of the small sign, he realizes this could be a warning for some sort of water monster. He draws his falchion but doesn't see anything threatening. Besides, what could be hiding in such shallow waters?

Meanwhile, Devlin, Rika and Planus also try to find the meaning of the sign. The few available letters remind Planus of something he heard during his previous travels...

OOC: So you're resting there for what? A few minutes? An hour? Two? For each hour of rest, characters will recover a number of nonlethal damage points equal to their level. It's now about 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Planus knows that, since it's so dry, it will get much cooler once the sun goes down.

Also, SlagMortar wins a cookie!
Slagmortar:[sblock]Planus has heard the name ettercap but he's not quite sure what it is. All he knows is that it's some sort of dangerous and crafty creature of the woods that sometimes preys on travellers.[/sblock]Finally, I'm leaving tomorrow for a vacation where I won't have access to the internet. I should be back on the 28th. See you then and happy holidays, everyone.

SlagMortar

First Post
"I think it says, 'the ettercap'. I've never actually seen one, but I hear they are crafty and sometimes stalk the woods. Perhaps we should rest here an hour and keep an eye out. Once the sun starts to descend, it will be cooler and traveling will be easier."

OOC: Wheel! Of! Fortune!

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf Kinkaid, Human Psychic Warrior

"What say we rest until about half an hour before sunset, then head out and ride for as much of the night as we can stand?"

Remove ads