Adventure Path starting with Sunless Citadel - Have you tried to run the whole thing?

Zad

First Post
We started to but gave up. Sunless was nice, Forge of fury was nice. Speaker in Dreams was just silly (our DM thought).

Heart of Nightfang spire was a travesty of a module and I warn people off it any chance I get.

At that point we pretty much got off the adventure path.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
L0rd_Dark0n said:
Isn't that the one with the demon that's WAY powerful for that level of the party, that does nothing but fly away laughing?

No, no, he died like a little bitch.

Same goes for the SECOND one he summoned in.

Oh yeah... I have no plans to ever write up Bastion of Broken Souls. That was my least favorite of the adventure path-- in no way the fault of the module, it was just anti-climactic: the end of the campaign and the end of my time with that gaming group, as I moved away.

I don't have any warm fuzzies for Bastion...

Wulf

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Speaker in Dreams is still my favorite of the series, Standing Stone is still my least favorite.

I would only run through the whole series again if I had a group of players I didn't know or a group that had several inexperienced players. I'd also go through and tweak more of the monsters--access to classbooks made the PCs much more powerful than the Core-limited NPCs. I did several of them before. I think I would do even more now.

Dinkeldog said:
Speaker in Dreams is still my favorite of the series, Standing Stone is still my least favorite.

I would only run through the whole series again if I had a group of players I didn't know or a group that had several inexperienced players. I'd also go through and tweak more of the monsters--access to classbooks made the PCs much more powerful than the Core-limited NPCs. I did several of them before. I think I would do even more now.

If the PC's seem too powerful then just sneak some Tuskan Raiders into the modules. ;)

How is the group doing with Ben gone?

Remove ads