• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure Paths (AoW & ST AP) Hardcovers

sckeener

First Post
Any chance Age of Worms or Savage Tide Adventure Paths will come out in hardcover?

I would think the time for them to be released would be best right now. A shot in the $ money arm for WotC (and Paizo) right when they could use something to tide users over until 4e.

takasi

First Post
Just the opposite. Releasing these would be bad business, as they'd be on the shelf tempting people to run them instead of buying 4th edition books.

Heck, in our group we have a table running Shackled City and they'll probably still be at it in 2009.

Wolfwood2

Explorer
sckeener said:
Any chance Age of Worms or Savage Tide Adventure Paths will come out in hardcover?

I would think the time for them to be released would be best right now. A shot in the $ money arm for WotC (and Paizo) right when they could use something to tide users over until 4e.

Basically, WotC would have to give permission, but the money would go to Paizo.

WotC finds itself unmotivated to give permission.

Festivus

First Post
I would have thought that WoTC could publish the books and sell them, given they own the content. At any rate, I wouldn't count on it in the short term, perhaps in 20 years they will release a book with all the adventures rewritten for D&D 8.0 under a classic campaigns series.

You can purchase all the issues as PDFs or in print currently at the Paizo site, the only loss being the poster maps in the case of PDFs.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Yeah, this is not happening. It remains to be seen whether or not WotC even cares about Paizo supporting 4th edition, let alone publishing one of these hardcovers.

We are moving on to other things. Back issues are still available at paizo.com.

--Erik

takasi

First Post
Erik Mona said:
Yeah, this is not happening. It remains to be seen whether or not WotC even cares about Paizo supporting 4th edition, let alone publishing one of these hardcovers.

We are moving on to other things. Back issues are still available at paizo.com.

--Erik

I sense some bad blood between WotC and Paizo. Maybe more Eberron would have help?

I kid, I kid!

Qualidar

First Post
I had originally popped in here to see if there might be any thoughts on them coming out as 4e compatible, but given Erick's post above, that seems unlikely. Too bad; running those campaigns (once I finish SCAP) will be what's tethering me to 3e. Seems like WotC could get some great adventure support right out of the gate with those adventures (in addition to jump starting people such as myself).

Remove ads