Adventure Paths

alleynbard

First Post
Let me add another vote for Legacy of Fire. My favorite so far. Though Council of Thieves is looking brilliant already. We will see how that turns out.

AngryMojo

First Post
You guys make it difficult :)

I'll probably pick up Legacy of Fire and the new one, if for no other reason than to see the differences between the two.

I mean really, how different is Pathfinder from 3.5, after all?

Vurt

First Post
I mean really, how different is Pathfinder from 3.5, after all?

Not very. I've been running the Rise of the Runelords adventure path with first the Beta rules, and now PFRPG, and have been making any adjustments totally on the fly without any real problems.

AngryMojo

First Post
Alright, I am now the proud owner of Legacy of Fire Chapter One: Howl of the Carrion King. I'm taking a little vacation this week, and I'm looking forward to digesting it. Already I'm impressed with the amount of content and production quality of the book. I hope Paizo did it's normal good job at adventure construction.

Well enjoy reading it, the APs are so ggod and so interesting that I have read the first 2 and I am on the 3rd (book 3) just as reading material. T

Betote

First Post
I've run up to the 4th part of Rise of the Runelords using the Beta book, and with a little luck tomorrow we'll finish the 2nd book of Legacy of Fire, this time with the final book. Both campaigns have had no conversion on my part, besides some tweaks where I've added a monster o changed one encounter because I'd bought a new mini I wanted to show off :D

And reading "Bastards of Erebus", I don't think anyone would have many problems running it using plain 3.5, either.

ruemere

Adventurer
Alright, I am now the proud owner of Legacy of Fire Chapter One: Howl of the Carrion King. I'm taking a little vacation this week, and I'm looking forward to digesting it. Already I'm impressed with the amount of content and production quality of the book. I hope Paizo did it's normal good job at adventure construction.

Regarding running Legacy of Fire:
- there are some loopholes in the narrative. You may want to prepare some explanations in advance (sometimes bad guys do something they should not be able to do or they wait clearly for characters to drop in).
- when reading End of Eternity, you may want to insert your own content - EoE works great as a loose framework of events spiced with your own plot.
- when running final part of adventure, you may add revelations to convey the sense of approaching apocalypse (I felt there was not enough atmosphere besides the "fightin' back" stuff).

Regards,
Ruemere

Remove ads